Print Thread
Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21
#19270 09/24/04 05:08 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bannister:
Sport Fishing 2 (sfish2/sfish2j) cannot find the rom "sfish2.bin", length 0x265f16a0. This file is in Hard Disk Images. I assume it would probably work if zipped up, but it is 600MB....
Did you stick it in a "sfish2" subfolder?

Edit: actually, the code seems to want it to be a ROM file, and thus in the usual ROM hierarchy.

#19271 09/24/04 06:43 PM
A
A
Hmmmm, a 64k lookup table. Oh well.

There were some earlier murmurs about turning CW optimizations off due to internal compiler errors... and, well, it's crashing the PSX gpu and making Gauntlet restart after one level...

And... I've figured out the resolution changes (grrrr ass-backwards GL code) and mailed off a new patch. Now PSX and other games that switch resolution like Virtua Fighter Kids will always fill the window instead of being squished into the corner.

(note, does not address the 16bpp playfield squishing in Metal Slug 2 or Virtua Fighter Kids.)

#19272 09/24/04 07:32 PM
J
J
I see San Francisco Rush listed as an available ROM. Is that being supported in MacMAME now? How exciting! I wasn't aware some of these 3-D based titles were becoming available. (I won't try at the moment as I've gone back to .77 of MacMAME, but when the new release comes out I just may. I just gotta get the ROM off my SF Rush sit-down model in the basement. I'm sure it'll be just as fun on a laptop... OK, perhaps not. But still cool if it's working. What about the REAL Crusin' USA/World games, etc?

Anyone had any luck getting NBA Jam/Hangtime to work with any version (including .87)? Or NFL Blitz? Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Also, no matter what version I use I can't get Donkey Kong/DK Jr to see he sound samples in the folder and use them correctly. DK is kinda weird to only here the music but Mario moves in super-silent stealth mode. I'm a bit of a novice at working with MacMAME, as you can probably tell, but I've read the boards and the docs and haven't foujnd a solution as of yet.

Thanks!
J.Melrose

#19273 09/24/04 07:39 PM
A
A
The donkey kong & jr sample sets were updated for 0.87, you have to download the new versions.

#19274 09/24/04 07:58 PM
J
J
Already using the new sets. Still no love...

Like I said... I've been over the boards and the docs. I try to post only when I just can't seem to find it anywhere else. That's why this is post #2. I've been reading a long time and usually find my answers here without clogging the boards with reduntant questions. These (the ones 2 posts up), however, have me stumped.

Thanks!

#19275 09/24/04 09:52 PM
C
C
MacMAME 0.87 seems to be very buggy! wink Also can not run many game that worked with 0.77 - especially the ones with analog controll. It also takes very long to start any game on my 2x2GHz G5 (spinning beachball for a while; as discribed on wiki bug report page). But the "Sync to VBL" option is really cool! Maybe the coolest option for a very long time! smile

I do not see a real advantage in moving the files from the MacMAME folder to the Documents folder. Every user on my computer can access the MacMAME folder - but not every user can access my Documents folder. And if every user have to have his own MacMAME folder within Documents I do not see the real advantage of this - or am I missing something here?!?

I think all MacMAME relating files should be in the MacMAME folder - and not anywhere else. We are not on Windows you know... wink

But as I think this will not be changed back a good solution would be that the files could be in the MacMAME folder (where the main application is) OR in the Documents folder. It should be the choice of each user...

Thanx for listening! smile

#19276 09/24/04 11:10 PM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
sfish2.bin needs to be in the zip with the regular ROMs for now. Seriously. I'm supposed to convert it to CHD at some point but I'm laughing too hard at newbies downloading 600 megs on dialup to "fix" it ;-)

J. Melrose: no computer made can emulate SF Rush at playable speeds. We're talking overclocked 4+ GHz PCs squeaking out 10-12 FPS. So don't get your hopes too high.

#19277 09/24/04 11:30 PM
J
J
"no computer made can emulate SF Rush at playable speeds. We're talking overclocked 4+ GHz PCs squeaking out 10-12 FPS. So don't get your hopes too high."

LOL! No, I guess not... but what about if I tried it on the Big Mac supercomputer... I wonder what kinda frame rates it would get on that? :-)

Well, I'd be happy to get the sounds on DK and DK Jr working again... they used to, once upon a time. Or Blitz and Hangtime/NBA Jam.

Wow. 3 posts in one day, and it's halfway through the day... I could get used to this.

#19278 09/24/04 11:46 PM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by J. Melrose:
LOL! No, I guess not... but what about if I tried it on the Big Mac supercomputer... I wonder what kinda frame rates it would get on that? :-)
The same I would say. It'd be like using MacMAME on a MP machine. (Mac)MAME is not written to take adavatage of it. Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Melrose:
Well, I'd be happy to get the sounds on DK and DK Jr working again... they used to, once upon a time. Or Blitz and Hangtime/NBA Jam.
DK had some new samples released and the names changed. It's mentioned in one of the post in this thread.

#19279 09/25/04 12:19 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by arekkusu:
There were some earlier murmurs about turning CW optimizations off due to internal compiler errors... and, well, it's crashing the PSX gpu and making Gauntlet restart after one level...
The Gauntlet reset (and a bunch of other things) are because I didn't add "previouspc" support to the assembly cores when I updated them last year.

Page 19 of 21 1 2 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bletch), 26 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com