Print Thread
Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21
#19280 09/25/04 12:23 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by ClarkKent:
I think all MacMAME relating files should be in the MacMAME folder - and not anywhere else. We are not on Windows you know... wink
Yeah, *I* know that - do you? wink You can't guarantee that the MacMAME folder will have the proper set of permissions for the current user. If you have a favorite place you'd like to stick your MacMAME stuff, great - just add aliases to that place in your Documents folder. But make sure that you have read/write permission to that place, wherever it is.

#19281 09/25/04 01:06 AM
J
J
Quote:
Originally posted by J. Melrose:
Well, I'd be happy to get the sounds on DK and DK Jr working again... they used to, once upon a time. Or Blitz and Hangtime/NBA Jam.
DK had some new samples released and the names changed. It's mentioned in one of the post in this thread. [/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, that's true. And, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, that's what I'm using. For some reason MacMAME doesn't seem to see ANY of the sound files, and so that's my problem. I don't think it's the sound files themselves, I think it's either their location or MAME not seeing them property. I have them in "Sound Samples." Right now, since I'm using them with .77, that folder is in the MAME folder. However, I tried it with .87 before I downgraded and regardless of whether the folder was in /Documents/MacMAME or the /Applications/MacMAME folder. Tried aliases, tried everything I could find on here about file locations. No matter what, Mario still moves silently. Sam Fisher would be so proud...

Um, anyways, still looking for ideas beyond "download the newest samples," cuz that just ain't cuttin it.

Thanks,
jmelrose

#19282 09/25/04 01:37 AM
R
R
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
sfish2.bin needs to be in the zip with the regular ROMs for now. Seriously. I'm supposed to convert it to CHD at some point but I'm laughing too hard at newbies downloading 600 megs on dialup to "fix" it ;-)
Ah, okay. Chalk up one black mark against the MAME set I was given the other day that had it as a hard disk! Now, for the next trick. How long will it take to zip a 600MB file? smile

#19283 09/25/04 01:59 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bannister:
Ah, okay. Chalk up one black mark against the MAME set I was given the other day that had it as a hard disk! Now, for the next trick. How long will it take to zip a 600MB file? smile
I'd take the opposite approach - unzip the rest of the ROMs, and place them in a folder with the ROM set name.

#19284 09/25/04 02:01 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Right now, since I'm using them with .77, that folder is in the MAME folder.
Let me offer a different suggestion - use the old samples. ;-) The names changed, so the new samples won't work with the older MAME.

#19285 09/25/04 03:19 AM
J
J
Thanks Brad... I feel like I should get your autograph whilel I have your virtual attention. When .87a comes out though, is this a "bug" issue? Or something far, far more sinister? Something I just don't get?

Any ETA for .87a, btw? I've been checking about every 4 hours now and my ISP is worried about me.

Thanks,
jmelrose

#19286 09/25/04 03:25 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Any ETA for .87a, btw? I've been checking about every 4 hours now and my ISP is worried about me.
It'll be some time tonight. I'm leaving town this weekend, and I definitely want to shove it out before I head off to get drunk at this beer festival. wink

And no, I wasn't drunk when I did 0.87, contrary to what 6 pages of posts in this thread might indicate. wink

#19287 09/25/04 03:37 AM
Already an update... Grac??as Se?ħor Oliver!

Have fun at the beer festival. Of all the edible liquids, I've always thought beer was the one that deserved its own festival. I can't wait for one we have here called the Brew Ha Ha. Only good things can happen when you have a bunch of people in one location, drinking all of the beer they can. Good times, good times... wink

#19288 09/25/04 03:40 AM
M
M
Quote:
It'll be some time tonight. I'm leaving town this weekend, and I definitely want to shove it out before I head off to get drunk at this beer festival. wink
Enjoy your beer Brad you deserve it,in fact that sounds like a good idea I might go and have a few myself.
Oh wait it's friday night I always go out for a beer or eight,but then again I'm Scottish I have a reputation to live up to.

#19289 09/25/04 04:48 AM
A
A
Oops. I already started on the beer this Friday night (actually, it is already Saturday morning here)....

This 6 page thread is a testimony of our gratefulness to our Mighty Bradman smile

Have fun tonight, and don't rush it smile

Arnoud

Page 20 of 21 1 2 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com