Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
#19416 09/25/04 11:58 PM
re-setting the controls didn't work for me either...

#19417 09/26/04 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonoche:
oopsie, joystick problems again... the left direction is mapped to the down direction button, and the right direction is mapped to the up direction button. Up & down are probably wrong too ;ми)
I'm having the same problem as well

edit: I resetted the controls but this problem persists

Problem #2: also when I quit and restart MacMAME, the settings in my Logitech Dual Action gamepad's Directional Pad won't stick. (it's the same original problem I have with the previous versions of MacMAME, in which I posted about in this forum in the past)

PowerMac MDD Dual G4 867 Mhz
1GB Ram, 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro
Hyundai ImageQuest L70S 17" LCD
MacOSX 10.3.8 Panther
#19418 09/26/04 02:03 AM
This is the best update since .74u2 which is what I've been using. My only game issue appears to be that I need to use OpenGL in order to correct the issue with Tempest, Tac Scan, and Cosmic Chasm which still seems to persist from .77 which was where the rotation is being interfered with (this is in the Wiki for .77). Thankfully the meager 8MB video RAM my TiBook has is good enough to deal with all games and now it also looks much like the PC version; sadly slow games like Strikeforce are still slow -- just need a faster CPU, I guess.

One thing that probably should have either not been changed or have been highlighted in one of the readme files was that Scores has changed to High Scores -- at first I didn't think hiscores.dat was getting read and then I discovered this file had been created called High Scores with new .hi files being created. Small issue, but anything that changes like that should get flagged.

Brad and company thanks for a really good release. Can't wait for the new joystick input feature; haven't tried my Lik Sang PSX adapter, but I'm hopeful that it will still function correctly.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19419 09/26/04 02:40 AM
K
K
Does anybody play the "Namco Classic Collection Vol. 2"? When playing Pac-Man Arranged sometimes the game resets and I'm on the title screen again! Sometimes after playing two levels, sometimes after 5 or 6 levels. Is this a bug of the game or of the emulator?

Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?

#19420 09/26/04 02:45 AM
It doesn't matter which joystick I have, MacMAME thinks that up and down are right and left, and it thinks that left is both up AND down with all the games I've tried. Putting the gamepad imputs in reverse (x becomes Y, and vice versa) doesn't seem to solve this problem either.

BTW, thanks for the new release Brad.

#19421 09/26/04 02:54 AM
OpenGL query:

It doesn't seem to work with overlays at all -- is this something that's being worked on, because I'd really like to not have to switch rendering to play certain games. Really works well otherwise, so great work guys because I didn't used to be able to use this at all and it does seem to be a bit of an improvement over software rendering in terms of screen size.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19422 09/26/04 03:09 AM
It doesn't matter which joystick I have, MacMAME thinks that up and down are right and left, and it thinks that left is both up AND down with all the games I've tried. Putting the gamepad imputs in reverse (x becomes Y, and vice versa) doesn't seem to solve this problem either.

^^^^^^^^^
I'm having the exact same issue. I've also deleted all prefs and the default.cfg, but cannot get the controls to map correctly. The MacMAME interface recognizes button presses (digital left was a bit difficult for some reason, but it got picked up eventually), but when you get into the game menus and try to set controller there you get radically different results. What MacMAME knows to be up and down, the game level menus will map as left and right, with left being up and right not being recognized at all (makes it interesting to play games where you need to be able to move to the right).

Fire buttons, select and Start seem to be recognized fine, it's just the digital directions (in fact the analogue sticks map fine and work great -- weird) that are messed up, so I'm thinking this should be an easy fix.

The fact that Select and Start are working is a definite improvement to me, so it looks like a minor glitch.

I'm still happy to be using a new release though!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19423 09/26/04 04:00 AM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent Clark:
Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?
It could be you have a bad CHD. What information does chdman give you? Use chdman -info

#19424 09/26/04 04:57 AM
This release fixes the issues with... well... everything (from my point of view) and allows untapped Bubble Bobble 2 japers! Fantastic. Thanks Brad.

#19425 09/26/04 06:02 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MrBogi, starlord, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com