Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
#19426 09/26/04 07:18 AM
R
R
Firstable,

Thank you so much Brad for constant update for new version!!
To me(or most of people), Everything seems to be fine except Joystick problem. I know you'll eventually fix this problem. he he

i'm 27 old now but..
As long as i stick with MAC, MacMAME will keep go along with me. wink

Thanks for awesome emulator!

#19427 09/26/04 07:48 AM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by seanraaron:
OpenGL ... doesn't seem to work with overlays at all
What Mac & video card are you using? It is working OK here on a PowerBook with Radeon 9600 with the default pattern and the old set of overlays which I converted from pict to png.

#19428 09/26/04 07:56 AM
I
I
Doing a little status list of the CHD games. It's over at the Wiki. Just want to make sure if other people get the same results. I'll finish it in a while.

#19429 09/26/04 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by rabbitpure:
I know you'll eventually fix this problem
This guy has to sleep :-)

#19430 09/26/04 12:35 PM
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).
And what does this mean exactely? Is there a good version available? Will it be available? Really wanna have this great game! smile

#19431 09/26/04 12:39 PM
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Cash:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent Clark:
[b]Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?
It could be you have a bad CHD. What information does chdman give you? Use chdman -info [/b]
I know that my CHDs are in perfect condition as I got them from a Windows user who is also a MAME freak. I've read in this forum that there are certain issues with CHDs on the Mac? Can somebody explain how exactle (!) CHDs should be dealed with? Thanx!

#19432 09/26/04 12:54 PM
S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent Clark:
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
[b] Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).
And what does this mean exactely? Is there a good version available? Will it be available? Really wanna have this great game! smile [/b]
It means it's a known problem & so far nobody has been able to fix it. How much you want it has no relationship to how long it will be before someone figures it out.

smf

#19433 09/26/04 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arekkusu:
What Mac & video card are you using? It is working OK here on a PowerBook with Radeon 9600 with the default pattern and the old set of overlays which I converted from pict to png.
I've got an old Titanium Powerbook with 500MHz G4. I cannot find anywhere on the system that identifies the chipset of the GPU, but it's definitely old and only 8MB VRAM, so frankly I was surprised I could use OpenGL Rendering at all as it was non-functional in .77.

Sean Aaron
#19434 09/26/04 03:03 PM
J
J
if its the original tibook, rage 128 mobility, otherwise radeon mobility (those mightve been 16mb though, i forget). think itll show m3 or m4 for the rage 128 in system profiler if you check there, not sure what the radeon shows as.

and somehow the psikyo sh2 games are playable on my ibook (ghz g4) now. performance in energy saver has to be set to highest and all, but very nice improvement over being completely unplayable before.

#19435 09/26/04 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by japtor:
if its the original tibook, rage 128 mobility, otherwise radeon mobility (those mightve been 16mb though, i forget). think itll show m3 or m4 for the rage 128 in system profiler if you check there, not sure what the radeon shows as.
Actually the system profiler shows absolutely no information about the graphics processor at all; I only know it's 8MB because I remember the spec from when we bought it. It is indeed an original Tibook and I'm pretty impressed with the performance of OSX running on it to the degree that I don't feel a need for a brand-new one, but I'd like to have a 1GHz model someday with a bigger hard drive (optical in/out for audio would be nice too), but I digress.

I'm satisfied that OpenGL isn't really supposed to function on this machine and I'm happy that with one exception (Chimera Beast) all my ROMs function either with Software Rendering or OpenGL. Now if we can get the joystick issue that seems to have cropped up with the new release I'll be truly pleased and just want the Space Fury voice sample speedup sorted.

Oh, and I second the request for Software Rendering to be put on the Video options tab -- actually I think the "Options..." button should be done away with altogether in favour of up-front tabbed config or a real-live "Preferences..." dialogue menu.

Again, thanks to all and sundry involved as I find this a far more flexible option than MAME Classic+DOS MAME which is what I run on my office laptop.

Sean Aaron
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MrBogi, starlord, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com