Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
#19406 09/25/04 06:39 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Third time's a charm, right? wink

It's up on macmame.org now. This should clean up the remaining mess that was left in 0.87a with the input crashes and junk. Feel free to report problems with crashing now. smile

BUT! I am aware that some people will have sticks that are not recognized properly, and I intend to address this in the near future. As such, I don't really need to know if this problem happens to you, so for now, don't bother to report issues of this type.

And on that note, enjoy! I'll have my fingers crossed that this build is finally something to be proud of. Even if it's not, I'll be out of town this weekend, doing my best to not care about it until Monday. Go easy on me while I'm gone. smile

#19407 09/25/04 06:42 PM
I
I
Will do. Have a great time! I'm still recovering from my "bear" festival from last night/this morning. :p

EDIT: Fixing my typos... three times already smile Also, the Wiki page is up just in case people would like to use it, too.

#19408 09/25/04 08:01 PM
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Thank you thank you thank you so much!!!!! This is great!

Deleting the NVRAM for Mahjong Diplomat and Mahjong Banana dream fixed them for me. Thanks for that! I was really stupid. They actually store the number of credits in NVRAM between games. You can also reset it by pressing the service button (the minus key).

I sometimes, but not always, get a crash when leaving the service menu in Kirameki Star Road. This isn't a real problem, because you can save the configuration and then reset the machine.

If I play Bubble Bobble 2, Puzzle Bobble 4 or Kirameki Star Road (all Taito F3 games, I think) and then try to play another game, MacMAME will sometimes hang on a black screen after displaying the game information. I can play several F3 games one after the other, but I can't play an F3 game and then a game on another system.

I love MacMAME, and I think Brad and everyone else who contributes does a great job. I report problems (which sometimes turn out to be bugs, and sometimes turn out to be my stupidity) in the hope that I'm being helpful. I don't mean to be nasty.

And Brad, I'm glad you decided to go and drink some beer and forget about MacMAME for a while.

#19409 09/25/04 08:40 PM
At this point tell me what you would like to hear from me... :-)

#19410 09/25/04 08:59 PM
N
N
oopsie, joystick problems again... the left direction is mapped to the down direction button, and the right direction is mapped to the up direction button. Up & down are probably wrong too ;¬)

#19411 09/25/04 10:37 PM
I can confirm the controller problems.

#19412 09/25/04 11:00 PM
B
B
Now I can say Gauntlet games work. I have to say this is the fastest MacMAME release in a while. I had no idea the shooter in Tempest is THAT fast.

#19413 09/25/04 11:41 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonoche:
oopsie, joystick problems again... the left direction is mapped to the down direction button, and the right direction is mapped to the up direction button. Up & down are probably wrong too ;¬)
You should probably re-set all of your digital joystick settings. When I do this, the directions work fine.

#19414 09/25/04 11:50 PM
N
N
that's what I did, I even trashed MacMAME's prefs, but to no avail :¬(

BTW I thought you weren't supposed to be back before Monday? ;¬p

#19415 09/25/04 11:52 PM
N
N
I also remapped the left & right directions to the up and down buttons, so they work, but up & down directions don't work at all on the left & right button assignments (dunno if that's clear enough ;¬)

#19416 09/25/04 11:58 PM
re-setting the controls didn't work for me either...

#19417 09/26/04 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Nonoche:
I'm having the same problem as well

edit: I resetted the controls but this problem persists

Problem #2: also when I quit and restart MacMAME, the settings in my Logitech Dual Action gamepad's Directional Pad won't stick. (it's the same original problem I have with the previous versions of MacMAME, in which I posted about in this forum in the past)

PowerMac MDD Dual G4 867 Mhz
1GB Ram, 128MB Radeon 9800 Pro
Hyundai ImageQuest L70S 17" LCD
MacOSX 10.3.8 Panther
#19418 09/26/04 02:03 AM
This is the best update since .74u2 which is what I've been using. My only game issue appears to be that I need to use OpenGL in order to correct the issue with Tempest, Tac Scan, and Cosmic Chasm which still seems to persist from .77 which was where the rotation is being interfered with (this is in the Wiki for .77). Thankfully the meager 8MB video RAM my TiBook has is good enough to deal with all games and now it also looks much like the PC version; sadly slow games like Strikeforce are still slow -- just need a faster CPU, I guess.

One thing that probably should have either not been changed or have been highlighted in one of the readme files was that Scores has changed to High Scores -- at first I didn't think hiscores.dat was getting read and then I discovered this file had been created called High Scores with new .hi files being created. Small issue, but anything that changes like that should get flagged.

Brad and company thanks for a really good release. Can't wait for the new joystick input feature; haven't tried my Lik Sang PSX adapter, but I'm hopeful that it will still function correctly.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19419 09/26/04 02:40 AM
K
K
Does anybody play the "Namco Classic Collection Vol. 2"? When playing Pac-Man Arranged sometimes the game resets and I'm on the title screen again! Sometimes after playing two levels, sometimes after 5 or 6 levels. Is this a bug of the game or of the emulator?

Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?

#19420 09/26/04 02:45 AM
It doesn't matter which joystick I have, MacMAME thinks that up and down are right and left, and it thinks that left is both up AND down with all the games I've tried. Putting the gamepad imputs in reverse (x becomes Y, and vice versa) doesn't seem to solve this problem either.

BTW, thanks for the new release Brad.

#19421 09/26/04 02:54 AM
OpenGL query:

It doesn't seem to work with overlays at all -- is this something that's being worked on, because I'd really like to not have to switch rendering to play certain games. Really works well otherwise, so great work guys because I didn't used to be able to use this at all and it does seem to be a bit of an improvement over software rendering in terms of screen size.

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19422 09/26/04 03:09 AM
It doesn't matter which joystick I have, MacMAME thinks that up and down are right and left, and it thinks that left is both up AND down with all the games I've tried. Putting the gamepad imputs in reverse (x becomes Y, and vice versa) doesn't seem to solve this problem either.

^^^^^^^^^
I'm having the exact same issue. I've also deleted all prefs and the default.cfg, but cannot get the controls to map correctly. The MacMAME interface recognizes button presses (digital left was a bit difficult for some reason, but it got picked up eventually), but when you get into the game menus and try to set controller there you get radically different results. What MacMAME knows to be up and down, the game level menus will map as left and right, with left being up and right not being recognized at all (makes it interesting to play games where you need to be able to move to the right).

Fire buttons, select and Start seem to be recognized fine, it's just the digital directions (in fact the analogue sticks map fine and work great -- weird) that are messed up, so I'm thinking this should be an easy fix.

The fact that Select and Start are working is a definite improvement to me, so it looks like a minor glitch.

I'm still happy to be using a new release though!

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Aaron
#19423 09/26/04 04:00 AM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Kent Clark:
Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?
It could be you have a bad CHD. What information does chdman give you? Use chdman -info

#19424 09/26/04 04:57 AM
This release fixes the issues with... well... everything (from my point of view) and allows untapped Bubble Bobble 2 japers! Fantastic. Thanks Brad.

#19425 09/26/04 06:02 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).

#19426 09/26/04 07:18 AM
R
R
Firstable,

Thank you so much Brad for constant update for new version!!
To me(or most of people), Everything seems to be fine except Joystick problem. I know you'll eventually fix this problem. he he

i'm 27 old now but..
As long as i stick with MAC, MacMAME will keep go along with me. wink

Thanks for awesome emulator!

#19427 09/26/04 07:48 AM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by seanraaron:
OpenGL ... doesn't seem to work with overlays at all
What Mac & video card are you using? It is working OK here on a PowerBook with Radeon 9600 with the default pattern and the old set of overlays which I converted from pict to png.

#19428 09/26/04 07:56 AM
I
I
Doing a little status list of the CHD games. It's over at the Wiki. Just want to make sure if other people get the same results. I'll finish it in a while.

#19429 09/26/04 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by rabbitpure:
I know you'll eventually fix this problem
This guy has to sleep :-)

#19430 09/26/04 12:35 PM
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by R. Belmont:
Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).
And what does this mean exactely? Is there a good version available? Will it be available? Really wanna have this great game! smile

#19431 09/26/04 12:39 PM
K
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Cash:
Quote:
[b]Still can not run CHDs. Copied the folder containing the game (e.g. the folder sfrush with the sfrush.chd in it) in the Hard Disk Images folder - but it's still not found by the emulator. Any trick?
It could be you have a bad CHD. What information does chdman give you? Use chdman -info [/b]
I know that my CHDs are in perfect condition as I got them from a Windows user who is also a MAME freak. I've read in this forum that there are certain issues with CHDs on the Mac? Can somebody explain how exactle (!) CHDs should be dealed with? Thanx!

#19432 09/26/04 12:54 PM
S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Pac-man arrange in NCV2 is a known problem. Unfortunately it's extremely random and hard to track down - I tried to find it and ended up playing 18 boards without any error (Murphy's Law hard at work).
And what does this mean exactely? Is there a good version available? Will it be available? Really wanna have this great game! smile [/b]
It means it's a known problem & so far nobody has been able to fix it. How much you want it has no relationship to how long it will be before someone figures it out.

smf

#19433 09/26/04 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by arekkusu:
What Mac & video card are you using? It is working OK here on a PowerBook with Radeon 9600 with the default pattern and the old set of overlays which I converted from pict to png.
I've got an old Titanium Powerbook with 500MHz G4. I cannot find anywhere on the system that identifies the chipset of the GPU, but it's definitely old and only 8MB VRAM, so frankly I was surprised I could use OpenGL Rendering at all as it was non-functional in .77.

Sean Aaron
#19434 09/26/04 03:03 PM
J
J
if its the original tibook, rage 128 mobility, otherwise radeon mobility (those mightve been 16mb though, i forget). think itll show m3 or m4 for the rage 128 in system profiler if you check there, not sure what the radeon shows as.

and somehow the psikyo sh2 games are playable on my ibook (ghz g4) now. performance in energy saver has to be set to highest and all, but very nice improvement over being completely unplayable before.

#19435 09/26/04 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by japtor:
if its the original tibook, rage 128 mobility, otherwise radeon mobility (those mightve been 16mb though, i forget). think itll show m3 or m4 for the rage 128 in system profiler if you check there, not sure what the radeon shows as.
Actually the system profiler shows absolutely no information about the graphics processor at all; I only know it's 8MB because I remember the spec from when we bought it. It is indeed an original Tibook and I'm pretty impressed with the performance of OSX running on it to the degree that I don't feel a need for a brand-new one, but I'd like to have a 1GHz model someday with a bigger hard drive (optical in/out for audio would be nice too), but I digress.

I'm satisfied that OpenGL isn't really supposed to function on this machine and I'm happy that with one exception (Chimera Beast) all my ROMs function either with Software Rendering or OpenGL. Now if we can get the joystick issue that seems to have cropped up with the new release I'll be truly pleased and just want the Space Fury voice sample speedup sorted.

Oh, and I second the request for Software Rendering to be put on the Video options tab -- actually I think the "Options..." button should be done away with altogether in favour of up-front tabbed config or a real-live "Preferences..." dialogue menu.

Again, thanks to all and sundry involved as I find this a far more flexible option than MAME Classic+DOS MAME which is what I run on my office laptop.

Sean Aaron
#19436 09/26/04 06:44 PM
Another little change that seems to remove some flexibility. It used to be that you could hit "Esc" to pause the game and then bring up the in-game menu with "Tab" to effect control settings without dumping the game in progress. This no longer seems to work and the in-game menu can only be brought up whilst the game is playing -- side effect of underlying code change or bug?

Sean Aaron
#19437 09/26/04 07:09 PM
C
C
Saitek P750 report :

It works "half" (but like on version 0.77ua2) :
- buttons are correctly recognized,
- digital direction keys are not correctly seen (I think they are reported as a hatswitch, which may be the problem : all the directions are seen with the same identifier) and not saved correctly,
- analog input works (only for analog games / I would like to be able to use it as digital direction keys) but with some calibration problems (at least in Star Wars)

#19438 09/26/04 08:37 PM
As an earlier poster mentioned. An OS X savvy "Preferences" box would be welcomed, if at all possible, in a future revision of MacMAME's front-end.

#19439 09/26/04 10:01 PM
A
A
Quote:
It used to be that you could hit "Esc" to pause the game and then bring up the in-game menu with "Tab" to effect control settings without dumping the game in progress. This no longer seems to work
Ah! Thank you for pointing that out. This is due to a change I made in the OpenGL plugin in 0.77u2b, which got leveraged into 0.87 by accident. It definitely should not do that. You'll note that the game greys out and the tab menu comes up correctly if you use the software renderer.

Quote:
Actually the system profiler shows absolutely no information about the graphics processor at all ... I'm satisfied that OpenGL isn't really supposed to function on this machine
The original TiBook has an 8 meg Rage 128 mobility. Apple's System Profiler only gives you the internal code name of the GPU as of 10.3, but you can see the spec with human readable names at apple-history.com: http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=pg4

Or get way more GL info than you ever wanted to know from my page: http://homepage.mac.com/arekkusu/bugs/GLInfo.html

The Rage 128 may not support Quartz Extreme or new apps like Motion, but unlike earlier chips (Rage 2, Rage Pro) it is officially supported under OS X. MacMAME even has a separate codepath in the GL renderer just for it. There's no reason to expect it not to work smile

Quote:
It doesn't seem to work with overlays at all
I looked into this, and it turns out there was one line of code missing that caused the overlay textures read from disk to essentially be random values (could be all black, in which case you'd not see any game.) The built-in default overlay pattern ought to work-- if it's not, please tell me.

Quote:
Now if we can get the joystick issue that seems to have cropped up with the new release I'll be truly pleased
I looked at this too, and it indeed turned out to be an easy fix. The digital axes are working like in 0.77u2a again, on my PS1 controller attached via a BOOM N64/PSX usb adapter.

I've submitted patches for the three issues I mentioned, and one other, to Brad for the next release (whenever that may be-- please, don't rush him! He deserves a nice beer-break.) If anyone is interested in the diffs for personal Xcode builds, just ask.

#19440 09/27/04 12:30 PM
B
B
Hmm, since you're offering. I have to ask, do these patches work with MacMAME 84?

#19441 09/27/04 01:42 PM
A
A
Er, only one of them. But there's no need to use 0.84 any more!

#19442 09/27/04 03:12 PM
H
H
Hi;

about joyticks and other pads, I had a look to the input code part yesterday, and replaced all the joystick handling stuff by calls to the SDL joystick handling libraries.
This makes the code really simpler, and most of all, works great with my two pads (Guillemot DA Leader and Logitech Dual Action) which was the case neither with 0.77 (only P1 pad working) nor with 0.87x (none working).

Is it something interesting? or nobody wants a dependance on the SDL?

I'll post a patch when finished tests.

#19443 09/27/04 04:41 PM
Apologies if this has already been mentioned and/or addressed elsewhere.

When loading Dead or Alive++ following the "There are known issues..." text, the screen goes black and the game does not load!

Thanks.

#19444 09/27/04 06:30 PM
A
A
Any game that uses the ZN security chip will hang after loading. That includes Dead or Alive++ as well as PSX games like SF EX or Strider 2, and CHD games such as Primal Rage 2 or Judge Dredd.

This was discussed in the 0.84 thread and is in the 0.87b Wiki.

#19445 09/27/04 09:59 PM
Quote:
Any game that uses the ZN security chip will hang after loading. That includes Dead or Alive++ as well as PSX games like SF EX or Strider 2, and CHD games such as Primal Rage 2 or Judge Dredd.

This was discussed in the 0.84 thread and is in the 0.87b Wiki.
Many thanks smile

#19446 09/27/04 10:36 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by hebbos:
Is it something interesting? or nobody wants a dependance on the SDL?
I definitely don't want to integrate the SDL - the Mac version was pretty clunky the last time I looked at it. Anyway, I'm totally rewriting the HID code for the next release to sort out these issues once and for all. I know what's busted and how to fix it, so it's just an issue of time.

#19447 09/27/04 10:40 PM
R
R

#19448 09/27/04 11:04 PM
E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Brad Oliver:
I definitely don't want to integrate the SDL - the Mac version was pretty clunky the last time I looked at it. Anyway, I'm totally rewriting the HID code for the next release to sort out these issues once and for all. I know what's busted and how to fix it, so it's just an issue of time.
When was the last time you looked at it? It's still not up to HID standards, but the code has really improved in the last 6 months. There have been a number of cleanups of the Mac code for various other projects that are underway.

#19449 09/27/04 11:37 PM
R
R
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
I definitely don't want to integrate the SDL - the Mac version was pretty clunky the last time I looked at it. Anyway, I'm totally rewriting the HID code for the next release to sort out these issues once and for all. I know what's busted and how to fix it, so it's just an issue of time. [/b]
For the details on joystick issue,

even though configured buttons doesn't show corrctly on tabmenu, evrything works great except just one key.

i just can't assign to "RIGHT"key..because greedy "LEFT"key gets
both"Down&up"keys which mean "Left AND..Right".

It could be just simeple as some kind of callibration bug...
I totally appreciate of new HID idea
but for now...(If you don't mind) Can you please fix this thing?
I really didn't want to ask you for favor cause i know so many people will just curse me for keep asking...haha
But this new version came out and if i can't enjoy playing just beacause of one ARROW key to the right...
It really makes me to ask you to fix the problem.

People don't curse me since i'm only asking.
If Brad's busy, What am i going to do? I'll just wait for next Mame then. wink

Thanks

#19450 09/28/04 12:10 AM
Hi Brad,

Hope the beer festival was A OK! wink

#19451 09/28/04 12:17 AM
V
V
Quote:
[QUOTE]Anyway, I'm totally rewriting the HID code for the next release to sort out these issues once and for all. I know what's busted and how to fix it, so it's just an issue of time.
Will the upcoming fix cover mouse problem?
It still keeps on "resetting" (x=y=0) every half-second or so.

#19452 09/28/04 12:54 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
On the PC version, if you enable joystick and mouse at the same time you get that "resetting" behavior. Maybe something to check?

#19453 09/28/04 01:35 AM
V
V
Quote:
On the PC version, if you enable joystick and mouse at the same time you get that "resetting" behavior. Maybe something to check?
I have a keyboard and a mouse only.
I got this behaviour with only mouse enabled, as an analog joystick, in "Configure Joysticks" dialog box.
The same thing happens after enabling the keyboard as a digital joystick and the mouse as an analog one.

#19454 09/28/04 02:53 AM
E
E
I thought the thing with the mouse was a feature that you could toggle... basicly switches between having the current position be the center coordinates for the mouse (the continual change in x/y equivalent to having a joystick moved in that direction), and having a universal center (the mouse is a joystick bent hard over to one side until you move it back to the original x/y location).

#19455 09/28/04 03:46 AM
V
V
Oh, that was stupid.
I've done the simplest task to do, deleting preferences. Now, with no devices selected in Configure Joysticks, I can play with keyboard as digital device and mouse as analog device, and the bug is gone.

#19456 09/28/04 05:59 AM
B
B
Quote:
Er, only one of them. But there's no need to use 0.84 any more!
arekkusu, the reason I asked was because I'm having trouble compling 87b. I keep getting errors like, "No such file or directory" in the src/driver/omega.c. I think that problem is widespead.

Quote:
Originally posted by Van Ba:
Oh, that was stupid.
I've done the simplest task to do, deleting preferences. Now, with no devices selected in Configure Joysticks, I can play with keyboard as digital device and mouse as analog device, and the bug is gone.
I wonder if MacMAME should get a new feature like "Delete Preferences Files". That way when get a new version of MacMAME, one can just delete all the preference files one easy step.

#19457 09/28/04 07:45 AM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Bakasama:
arekkusu, the reason I asked was because I'm having trouble compling 87b. I keep getting errors like, "No such file or directory" in the src/driver/omega.c. I think that problem is widespead.
That's the first I've seen it mentioned, and although 0.87 needed the include path fixed, 0.87a and 0.87b compiled without problems for me in Xcode 1.5.

(looking at it...) there is no omega.c, only omegaf.c and omegrace.c. Are you building from scratch?

#19458 09/28/04 01:15 PM
K
K
Hi, I have this problem:

1)There is no sound with this Roms:
-openice
-mk2
-wwfmania

2)I have the directional key problem as Nonoche and Shards with my Logitech Wingman USB

3)I don' t think that Command+Alt is a good combination for the "incrase speed" option for who use keyboard to play…because it' easy to press it when we play.
I think that setting by default another combination will be good.

4)In this rom the cursor doesn' t work fine.
-zeropnt
-sgunner

5)What' s about the OSX folder icons?

6)Can someone explain me what is the Persistence control in the OpenGL prefernce panel?

Thanx to all the MacMAME developer team!!

#19459 09/28/04 01:16 PM
B
B
Oh, it was the omegarace.c file. I did copy the contents of the source to the hard drive and build.

The first two errors are:

vidhrdw/vector.h: No such file or directory
vidhrdw/avgdvg.h: No such file or directory

and that problem exists in some of the other files.

#19460 09/28/04 03:35 PM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaizer Arel:
6)Can someone explain me what is the Persistence control in the OpenGL prefernce panel?
This setting emulates "phosphor persistence" (definition one , two ) by blending the current frame with some amount of the previous frame(s). It results in a sort of blur or feedback effect that you may have seen in some old arcade cabinet monitors. I think that it looks best with a small setting in vector games, although it works in any game.

This function does require your video card to do more work, so if you notice it slowing down (shouldn't be a problem except perhaps on old Rage128 Macs) then keep the slider all the way to the left to disable the blending.

#19461 09/28/04 03:38 PM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Bakasama:
vidhrdw/vector.h: No such file or directory
vidhrdw/avgdvg.h: No such file or directory
Hm, and these do exist in your tree? (they should)

I don't know what to say-- works fine here. You're not using UFS or something else funny, are you? (building over a network...?)

#19462 09/28/04 04:38 PM
H
H
Hi all;

I use XCode 1.5, I can see only one available target, does anyone know how to compile a "release" version, ie no debug info, no trace no whatever. I've commented all the #def DEBUG in one of the header files, but my generated binary is still very big, well, much much more than the one released by Brad as version 0.87b.

Any hint would be appreciated for anyone supporting the idea to have working pad and sticks using SDL. I'll post my modification and a binary as soon as I'll be able to generate such a release version. Hope it will help, waiting for the new Brad version of input stuff.

Anyway I was able to play Bubble Bobble with my two pads and this is really GREAT!!! so great that I was really late at work this morning frown

Cheers.

#19463 09/28/04 05:54 PM
H
H
Me again;

I was planing to release a forked, non official version binary version with the SDL controler. But the question, in these times of Intelectual Property and stuff like that, is, can I do this? Brad? how must we deal with this? of course, I'll deliver the source code and explicitely explain that it is a forked unofficial version from your one, but is it enougth?

Second point, is there any plan to set up a centralized versioned source repository, using CVS or subversion or whatever?

Have fun.

#19464 09/28/04 06:09 PM
I'd suggest that you customize your toolbar in Xcode. Just drag the build style selection pop-up menu amidst all the available function buttons to the top of the window. This way you can easily change the build style.

You may also do this in the project window but I find this the easiest and fastest.

#19465 09/28/04 08:04 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
I was planing to release a forked, non official version binary version with the SDL controler. But the question, in these times of Intelectual Property and stuff like that, is, can I do this?
Certainly, just obey the MAME license, which essentially says: "don't sell it, and make the source available".

Quote:
Second point, is there any plan to set up a centralized versioned source repository, using CVS or subversion or whatever?
I'm in the process of setting up a public Subversion server.

#19466 09/28/04 08:05 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
I use XCode 1.5, I can see only one available target, does anyone know how to compile a "release" version, ie no debug info, no trace no whatever.
Switch the build style from Development to Deployment.

#19467 09/28/04 10:27 PM
B
B
Quote:
Hm, and these do exist in your tree? (they should)

I don't know what to say-- works fine here. You're not using UFS or something else funny, are you? (building over a network...?)
This puzzle me too, MacMAME 84 compiles just fine and 87b doesn't. The files are do exist but the just the headers and includes seem to be messed up. It seems like I have to disable all vector games just to compile this. I actually wouldn't be suprised if the next release "magically" fixes the problem.

#19468 09/29/04 12:36 AM
Quote:
I'm in the process of setting up a public Subversion server.
Great news ! (I love typing svn update in the shell cool )

And thanks for this wonderfull MacMAME version wink

syndicman - mac-emu.net
#19469 09/29/04 01:19 AM
I looked into this, and it turns out there was one line of code missing that caused the overlay textures read from disk to essentially be random values (could be all black, in which case you'd not see any game.) The built-in default overlay pattern ought to work-- if it's not, please tell me.

^^^^^^

Sorry I was mixing terminology. The OpenGL overlay works fine -- what does not work fine is trying to use any artwork (like Battlezone overlay or backglass artwork files). When I try to play a game with Artwork enabled where there is a corresponding file I just get a giant mess like a b&w tv set with a badly tuned channel, but no discernable game image.

Sean Aaron
#19470 09/29/04 01:46 AM
A
A
Hm, the artwork works fine for me here. But I'll have access to an old Rage 128 iMac later this week, so I'll take a look at it there.

#19471 09/29/04 02:36 PM
A
A
Quote:
Any game that uses the ZN security chip will hang after loading.
I compared with the DOS build and, with help from R.Belmont and smf , ZN games now work with this patch . Hooray!

I tried DOA++ and it runs now, although the graphics are glitchy.

#19472 09/29/04 03:53 PM
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Any game that uses the ZN security chip will hang after loading.
I compared with the DOS build and, with help from R.Belmont and smf , ZN games now work with this patch . Hooray!

I tried DOA++ and it runs now, although the graphics are glitchy. [/b]
Excellent.

#19473 09/30/04 12:41 AM
I
I
The Capcom ZN-1/2, Taito FX-1, Tecmo ZN-1, and the Video System ZN-1 work now. I also tried Primal Rage 2 and that Boots up. Judge Dredd gives an HDLoad Error but thats probably normal.

#19474 09/30/04 02:23 AM
S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
The Capcom ZN-1/2, Taito FX-1, Tecmo ZN-1, and the Video System ZN-1 work now. I also tried Primal Rage 2 and that Boots up. Judge Dredd gives an HDLoad Error but thats probably normal.
Judge Dredd should boot up to attract mode, you should even be able to start a game but the guns aren't hooked up yet.

Primal Rage 2 on the other hand isn't particularly happy about running well.

smf

#19475 09/30/04 07:55 AM
A
A
Quote:
When I try to play a game with Artwork enabled where there is a corresponding file I just get a giant mess like a b&w tv set with a badly tuned channel, but no discernable game image.
So, this looks like an out of memory error. On an 8 meg Rage 128, if the display is set to 1024x768 and the game is large (like any vector game) then the texture creation fails. If you play a smaller game with artwork (like, 1942) or set the display to Thousands of colors, or lower the display resolution, then it works. Can you confirm this happens for you too?

#19476 09/30/04 01:15 PM
K
K
I don' t speak english very well...so...can someone tell me if the joystick problem with 0.87 is still unsolved?

Thanx!

#19477 09/30/04 01:50 PM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaizer Arel:
I don' t speak english very well...so...can someone tell me if the joystick problem with 0.87 is still unsolved?

Thanx!
No. It's being worked on.

#19478 09/30/04 06:05 PM
It looks like language file ("default.lng" in "Misc support files" folder) isn't loaded at startup anymore.

#19479 10/01/04 12:51 AM
Quote:
So, this looks like an out of memory error. On an 8 meg Rage 128, if the display is set to 1024x768 and the game is large (like any vector game) then the texture creation fails. If you play a smaller game with artwork (like, 1942) or set the display to Thousands of colors, or lower the display resolution, then it works. Can you confirm this happens for you too?
Yep, this is the problem. Being a Tibook I normally run 1152x768 with millions of colours. I have to turn the colours down to thousands and the display down to 1024x768 (or 1024x768 Stretched) to get Artwork to display. This is mildly annoying, but I suppose using 1024x768 is the proper aspect ratio *sigh*

So, what's the minimum memory needed in case I ever get around to shopping for a new (used) Powerbook? Also curious to know what speed CPU will be enough to get Strikeforce, Smash TV and Darius Gaiden to run normally with automatic frameskipping?

Sean Aaron
#19480 10/01/04 07:26 AM
A
A
Quote:
This is mildly annoying, but I suppose using 1024x768 is the proper aspect ratio *sigh*
FWIW, the normal proxy texture mechanism for detecting the low-memory case doesn't seem to work on the iMac I tested, so we probably can't avoid this problem without resorting to ugly hardcoded limits ("if 8 megs of VRAM, then...")

And I'd probably use the 896x600 mode to keep the full screen area for Darius etc, without stretching. Maybe a future MacMAME version will allow picking the fullscreen resolution.

Quote:
So, what's the minimum memory needed in case I ever get around to shopping for a new (used) Powerbook?
That's a function of what display you're using smile but for the built in laptop LCD, 16 megs of VRAM should be plenty for MacMAME.

Quote:
Also curious to know what speed CPU will be enough to get Strikeforce, Smash TV and Darius Gaiden to run normally with automatic frameskipping?
Strikeforce and Smash TV both easily run at full speed on my 1.25GHz PowerBook. If I turn off VBL sync and throttling, they run at 120-150% of normal speed, so a 1GHz machine should be fine. An 867MHz G4 would probably stutter a bit. Note that because those two games have hardware refresh rates of 53Hz, they're never going to look quite right on a Mac monitor.

Darius-G is more demanding. It just barely hits full speed in this machine, and drops to 30-odd fps when the backgrounds cross-dissolve. You probably need a G5 to ensure full frame rate all the time.

#19481 10/03/04 01:48 AM
A
A
I've added a pile of bugs and patch info to the wiki .

[Edit: I've submitted 17 patches to Brad for the next version.]

#19482 10/08/04 01:31 AM
My turn! wink

I had access to a dual 2.5 GHz G5 yesterday, and took the opportunity to load up MacMAME .87b.

I only tested Cruisin' World, since that's the game that I've been using for benchmarking recently.

The game loaded and ran fine, but there was an odd thing happening with the frame rates.

With Speed Throttle off, the game would run between 74% and 105% (I didn't track the fps, just the percentage). With Speed Throttle on though, the game ran only from 60% to 85%. It was a noticeable speed hit. It really throttled the speed. eek

This was tested in both OpenGL and software rendering. Frameskip 0, autoframeskipping off.

I don't know if this is a bug or a feature, and it really doesn't matter a whole lot right now (since I'm not likely to have a Mac that fast again for a lonnnng time), but I thought I'd mention it.

AtariAge Blog
#19483 10/08/04 01:35 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
FYI: on the wiki it says that the "unknown flash mode byte" diagnostic in Simpsons Bowling is a problem. It's not - it's perfectly normal and occurs on PC debug builds too. As long as the game successfully programs the flash ROMs and boots you're OK.

#19484 10/09/04 06:31 AM
A
A
Thank you, a BIG thank you for releasing a new version.

This is incredible!

I heard some controllers don't owrk properly

Alex
#19485 10/09/04 08:58 AM
T
T
Quote:
Quote:
[b] Any game that uses the ZN security chip will hang after loading.

I tried DOA++ and it runs now, although the graphics are glitchy. [/b]
SORRY...how do i get that patch work??
thanks!

#19486 10/09/04 09:49 AM
I
I
You need to compile a MacMAME 87u1 build yourself. If you can with Xcode 1.5 or CodeWarrior 9.3, you may as well add the 87u2 diff also. If not, just gotta wait for an official release.

EDIT: For those of you who don't want to get behind and use MacMAME Utilities to update your ROMs, you can use this . It's a MAME ROM List for 87u2.

#19487 10/10/04 06:42 PM
I've already put this in the Wiki, but I'm hoping to get confirmation on it. Analogue joysticks seem to also have issues -- at least mine do: Logitech Wingman Rumblepad and a Playstation High Frequency dual force controller using Lik Sang Boom USB converter. There's a lot of drift happening, like it's miscalibrated. I, Robot is unplayable and Sinistar is okay, but you start out drifting and entering high score is impossible.

I'm assuming it's part of the known controller interface problem, but wanted to highlight the fact that I'm seeing this with analogue joystick and it's not just digital ones that have issues.

Under .74u2, no problems at all.

Sean Aaron
#19488 10/10/04 09:53 PM
A
A
Yes, I still have problems with the analog inputs (i.e Star Wars, Tempest using the mouse) separate from the digital X/Y axes.

#19489 10/15/04 09:21 AM
A
A
I've written another patch to fix a long-standing problem that was bugging me: aspect ratio correction when playing in a window.

This patch makes the window size bigger in one direction to stretch the game such that the window's aspect ratio matches the arcade machine (usually 4:3 or 3:4, sometimes 8:3 or 12:3). It matches the current behavior of playing fullscreen with the GL plugin.

Most of the time, this looks fine, especially when playing at double or triple size. However, for some games which have a pixel aspect ratio very near to 1:1 (for example Gauntlet at 20:21, or Neo Geo at 56:57) then the window is only very slightly stretched, and at actual size this just blurs everything.

Personally, I'd rather have the correct aspect, and just play at double size. But what do people think about this? Should "Correct aspect ratio" be another checkbox in the GL plugin? I don't think so, since if you want an uncorrected window you can just use the software renderer, but if you feel strongly one way or the other, post here!

#19490 10/15/04 02:26 PM
R
R
I think it should be a checkbox, on by default. I'd prefer to be able to view an unmauled image occasionally without a major performance hit.

#19491 10/15/04 02:55 PM
A checkbox would be appreciated.

#19492 10/16/04 01:42 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Personally, I'd rather have the correct aspect, and just play at double size. But what do people think about this? Should "Correct aspect ratio" be another checkbox in the GL plugin?
I would be strongly against adding another checkbox for something like this. As you say, there are good workarounds for what is essentially a very minor problem.

#19493 10/18/04 02:30 AM
A
A
Right, well with respect to Richard and DarkSabre I think I'll leave it as is then.

IMHO, the only time you really want an uncorrected window is when you're capturing graphics (for sprite ripping and so on.) Fortunately, the cmd-G screen capture function is unaffected by this patch; it will still save an exact pixel copy of the game.

And as for getting to a hypothetical checkbox to turn off aspect ratio correction, it'd be just as easy to switch to the software renderer. Which is worse (no VBL...) but isn't any slower at actual size (it's the same blit in the GL plugin) which is the only case where this matters anyway.

#19494 10/18/04 03:43 AM
S
S
macmame locks up if my computer falls into sleep mode. i believe it did this in prior versions too. does anyone else have this problem?

#19495 10/18/04 05:03 AM
A
A
For me, MacMAME complains that all of my devices were disconnected if I sleep/wake while it is running. That includes built in devices like my PowerBook's trackpad and keyboard, in addition to real external devices like a USB mouse or joystick.

The game is frozen while the warning alerts are up, but it continues fine if I just OK all of the alerts.

However, sometimes after sleep/wake, MacMAME crashes upon quitting; bad CFRelease from hid_DisposeDevice (HID_Utilities.c:783) ... smirk

#19496 10/18/04 09:26 AM
B
B
Quote:
Right, well with respect to Richard and DarkSabre I think I'll leave it as is then.

IMHO, the only time you really want an uncorrected window is when you're capturing graphics (for sprite ripping and so on.) Fortunately, the cmd-G screen capture function is unaffected by this patch; it will still save an exact pixel copy of the game.

And as for getting to a hypothetical checkbox to turn off aspect ratio correction, it'd be just as easy to switch to the software renderer. Which is worse (no VBL...) but isn't any slower at actual size (it's the same blit in the GL plugin) which is the only case where this matters anyway.
Sprite ripping? I don't think there's alot Mac users that sprite rip. It's almost a hobby dominated by PC users.

#19497 10/18/04 10:06 PM
S
S
Just discovered a bug in the latest MacMAME: Some of the sounds for The Simpsons are incorrect; some background music plays at a faster rate while some plays normally, and some instruments are played at a higher pitch than they're supposed to be, producing a very dissonant sound. In addition, many of the sound bytes (i.e. voices) are higher-pitched than normal.

I don't know if this is an issue with JUST MacMAME or with the Windows MAME as well, but it would be nice to have this bug fixed.

#19498 10/18/04 10:15 PM
Quote:
No problem. smile

#19499 10/20/04 02:16 AM
Running a full ROM's audit takes forever with 0.87b. More than 10mn, where it takes less than 45secs with MacMAME 0.77u2.
Is there something wrong with the audit ?

#19500 10/20/04 03:04 AM
I
I
Well, there were more ROMs added since 0.77. According to Internet Archive Wayback Machine:

0.77 - The current version supports 4640 ROM sets, 2622 unique games.

0.87 - The current version supports 5145 ROM sets, 2901 unique games.

Yeah, I'm bored smile

#19501 10/20/04 08:01 AM
A
A
The file handling code was all rewritten between 0.77 and 0.87, and some of it is just slower. ROM audits are adversely affected.

#19502 10/20/04 08:36 AM
Pleiades (or Pleiads) crashes MacMAME (OpenGL and software). The game screen will begin to draw, get about as far as the score display, and unexpectedly quit.

AtariAge Blog
#19503 10/20/04 08:39 PM
I
I
Is it possible for MacMAME to create the CHD's diff file in another folder within the MacMAME folder? Like the NVRAM folder, perhaps? Currently, they are created within the Hard Disk Images folder. I know.... that's alot of folder already.

#19504 10/20/04 11:53 PM
Sorry if this has already been raised earlier in the thread. I tried to run Simpsons Bowling (audit suggested that the ROM/CHD were good to go). However, during the boot up process the game failed to load! Culminating on a test screen directing my attention to the manual! Is this a known problem with MacMAME 0.87b?

Thanks in advance.

#19505 10/21/04 01:27 AM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkSabre:
Sorry if this has already been raised earlier in the thread. I tried to run Simpsons Bowling (audit suggested that the ROM/CHD were good to go). However, during the boot up process the game failed to load! Culminating on a test screen directing my attention to the manual! Is this a known problem with MacMAME 0.87b?

Thanks in advance.
Hold F2 until it is initializing the EEPROM.

EDIT: Since you were asking about CHDs earlier, please read the Wiki page on which work or which don't.

#19506 10/21/04 01:48 AM
Quote:
The file handling code was all rewritten between 0.77 and 0.87, and some of it is just slower. ROM audits are adversely affected.
Just out of curiosity, does it affect the MAME or MacMAME code ? Are all MAME releases affected ? Can it be considered as a bug or is it here to stay ?
Waiting 12 minutes each time you run a ROMs audit make the ROMs update more difficult to achieve.

#19507 10/21/04 02:12 AM
A
A
The MacMAME code. It's listed as a to-do in MacFiles.cpp. Add a bug to the Wiki if you want to stress to Brad that it's important to you.

#19508 10/21/04 03:13 AM
Quote:
Hold F2 until it is initializing the EEPROM.

EDIT: Since you were asking about CHDs earlier, please read the Wiki page on which work or which don't.
Thanks. smile

#19509 10/21/04 04:08 AM
Quote:
The MacMAME code. It's listed as a to-do in MacFiles.cpp. Add a bug to the Wiki if you want to stress to Brad that it's important to you.
Done.
Audits are kind of Holy grail to me... smile
Thanks.

#19510 10/24/04 06:56 AM
T
T
A couple of questions/bugs from a newbie:

With the digital USB joystick problem, the wiki bug page says there is a patch. Where is it, and how do I use it?

Also, I just tried playing metal slug 1, and that doesn't work in 87b, all the visuals seem screwed up.

When I use openGL rendering, and I pause using escape, pressing tab doesn't bring up the menu like it should. Or should it?

Finally, I was hitting over retroroms for some new roms, and they had a pile that I wanted that were meant to be supported by the version 87, but with updates. How long does it take these updates to make it to the mac? I really wanna play virtua on...

Finally, how do I use chds? I've never had to use one, but I'm trying to get warzard going, and apparently I need to get hold of it. Do I need to use chdman, and how do I go about it?

Thanks for your help, everybody.

#19511 10/24/04 08:41 AM
A
A
Quote:
Originally posted by themadthinker:
With the digital USB joystick problem, the wiki bug page says there is a patch. Where is it, and how do I use it?
It's in Brad Oliver's inbox. You have to be able to compile MacMAME in order to do anything with it, so if you're a newbie it won't be of any help. Just wait for the next update from Brad.

If you can compile, this is the patch:
Quote:
Also, I just tried playing metal slug 1, and that doesn't work in 87b, all the visuals seem screwed up.
Works fine here. What do you mean by "screwed up"?

Quote:
When I use openGL rendering, and I pause using escape, pressing tab doesn't bring up the menu like it should. Or should it?
It should. There is a bug in the Wiki for this too. And a patch already submitted.

Quote:
How long does it take these updates to make it to the mac?
the u1, u2 etc updates come out at a pretty regular pace now in source code form. If you can compile, you can update your copy of MacMAME right away. Otherwise, you need to wait for someone to do it for you. Brad works on MacMAME in his free time when he's not working on porting games to the Mac. So it might be a while.

Quote:
Finally, how do I use chds?
Put the chd into ~/Documents/MacMAME/Hard Disk Images/<rom name>/. For example Hard Disk Images/cryptklr/420uaa04.chd

#19512 10/24/04 09:20 AM
I
I
Quote:
Finally, how do I use chds? I've never had to use one, but I'm trying to get warzard going, and apparently I need to get hold of it. Do I need to use chdman, and how do I go about it?
Don't bother with CPS3 games. They are not emulated. Check the Wiki page for the list.

#19513 10/25/04 02:41 AM
T
T
Quote:
It's in Brad Oliver's inbox. You have to be able to compile MacMAME in order to do anything with it, so if you're a newbie it won't be of any help. Just wait for the next update from Brad.
Oh, okay. I think I'm a bit new at this to be compiling it myself. Thanks anyway.

Quote:

Quote:
Works fine here. What do you mean by "screwed up"?
Well, this is the error I get

And here are two screenshots:

Quote:
Quote:
It should. There is a bug in the Wiki for this too. And a patch already submitted.
Once again, thanks. I didn't notice it on the bugs page. It appears source compiling is a bit beyond my ken though...

Quote:
Quote:
How long does it take these updates to make it to the mac?
the u1, u2 etc updates come out at a pretty regular pace now in source code form. If you can compile, you can update your copy of MacMAME right away. Otherwise, you need to wait for someone to do it for you. Brad works on MacMAME in his free time when he's not working on porting games to the Mac. So it might be a while.
He's the guy bringing KOTOR to mac? I am not worthy, I am not worthy...

Quote:
Quote:
Finally, how do I use chds?
Put the chd into ~/Documents/MacMAME/Hard Disk Images/<rom name>/. For example Hard Disk Images/cryptklr/420uaa04.chd
Great, thank you.

Fastcash: Ah, I assumed they were emulated as you could get the ROM, my mistake.

Once again, thank you everybody for your help.

#19514 10/25/04 03:22 AM
A
A
Quote:
Well, this is the error I get
Your ROM is either out of date or corrupt. It will work if you locate a new copy.

This happens over time because the emulation in MAME is continually tweaked to be more accurate. Sometimes old ROMs that worked become invalid, you have to get the new set.

#19515 10/26/04 04:24 PM
The Move to trash contextual command in game list is still broken.

#19516 10/27/04 03:43 AM

#19517 10/27/04 04:42 AM
I
I
Show up fine here.

#19518 10/27/04 05:48 AM
Quote:
Show up fine here.
If you're refering to the clones not showing up, I solve the mystery : duplicate set !

If you're talking about the move-to-trash command, it's broken here.

#19519 10/27/04 06:23 AM
I
I
1st one smile

#19520 10/31/04 11:45 PM
Two minors bugs in one !

1/ ST-V bios based games allow selection of NeoGeo Bios Type under the Misc tab.

2/ Multiple selection of ST-V bios based games also endlessly duplicate the NeoGeo bios list selection. (ie : bakubaku, then colmns97)

Very weird.

#19521 11/01/04 08:47 AM
W
W
Quote:
And here are two screenshots:

Some of the Neo Geo games have been updated, but you don't need to find the new ones - the checksums of some of the parts can be fixed with a utility called CLRMame Pro. It's PC only, but works great through Virtual PC.

Where are my pants?
#19522 11/04/04 06:17 AM
M
M
I wanna ask a little question: why the italian version of MacMAME is always older? Didn't Stefano offer you his help in translation?

I live in terror of not being misunderstood.
#19523 11/04/04 06:53 AM
Quote:
why the italian version of MacMAME is always older? Didn't Stefano offer you his help in translation?
Actually the Mame menus are so simple that you need a basic level of english (the italian 'prima media', I would say). I don't understand people who wants localized apps (I could partially understand it for Photoshop, but not for browsers or simple apps like Mame). For this reason I think that my 'help' would be absolutely non relevant.
I'd like (I need a long time) to translate the entire manual, instead. There are a lot of people who always ask me how to configure this, how to play that rom, how to...hasn't the italian Mame a good manual?

#19524 11/04/04 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefano:
[I'd like (I need a long time) to translate the entire manual, instead.
Maybe not accurate to the latest but it has already been done.

#19525 11/04/04 07:44 PM
Thanks! It's the same thing I had in mind. The manual translation is very fine, never heard about it...zero work for me now!

#19526 11/05/04 01:11 AM
M
M
Well... My msg wasn't intended to offend anyone...
Anyway, I wonder why an older italian version is still available for download: update or delete it! :p

#19527 11/05/04 01:33 AM
Noone offended.....roger!

#19528 11/05/04 12:12 PM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
Originally posted by Maxe'WarAxe'Freeman:
I wonder why an older italian version is still available for download: update or delete it! :p
I don't follow the logic that says this has to be an either/or choice.

#19529 11/08/04 08:07 PM
M
M
I mean... Italian translation is always the last issue... Why?!

#19530 11/08/04 09:37 PM
Quote:
MacMame ?® un progetto Open Source. Gli sviluppatori, ovviamente, scelgono l'inglese perch?® ?® la lingua pi?? diffusa. Le versioni localizzate, nel caso quella italiana, arrivano sempre dopo perch?® tale traduzione ?® compito di una persona sola (basta cambiare poche righe di codice). Perch?® questo ritardo?
Sono quasi certo che la causa stia nella poca richiesta, vista la scarsa utilit?† dell'operazione. Come ti avevo gi?† scritto il Mame ha una interfaccia con comandi semplicissimi: audio, video, play, eccetera. Comandi che siamo oramai abituati a leggere sui videoregistratori o nei menu dei videogames. Tieni anche conto che una versione localizzata del MacMame ?® comunque un ibrido: i file cheat.dat, history.dat e mameinfo.dat sono interamente scritti in inglese.

#19531 11/09/04 12:17 AM
R
R
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

#19532 11/09/04 02:52 AM
Guarda Stefano, tradurre solo il frontend e' semplicissimo e veloce, quello che prende piu' tempo e' tradurre tutto il famoso menu' tab, quello a cui si accede dai giochi.
Quello me l'ero tradotto e applicato completamente e funzionava alla grande. Appena avro' tempo magari rilavorero' sui menu' interni non tradotti e li mandero' a Paolo Santi. Ora sto cercando di trovare il tempo per aggiornare il MacMisfit.

#19533 11/09/04 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Fava:
Appena avro' tempo magari rilavorero' sui menu' interni non tradotti e li mandero' a Paolo Santi. Ora sto cercando di trovare il tempo per aggiornare il MacMisfit.
Ottima notizia, grazie!

#19534 11/09/04 06:49 AM
MacMAME Author
OP Offline
MacMAME Author
Quote:
I don't know about that - have you ever seen a German version of MacMAME? Or Farsi? ;-)

#19535 11/09/04 03:00 PM
R
R
Yeah, and what ever happened the Irish translation?! P??g mo th??in! :rolleyes:

#19536 11/09/04 06:02 PM
I'm holding out hope for either a Ubbi Dubbi or Jive version, m'self. wink

AtariAge Blog
#19537 11/10/04 12:33 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Richard Bannister:
P??g mo th??in! :rolleyes:
I'll give that a miss if you don't mind. sick

#19538 11/10/04 12:51 AM
M
M
La mia era una domanda provocatoria, St?©!
Non ?® che abbia mai trovato la minima difficolt?† nel decidere se premere o no un pulsante con su scritto play o quit... cool
Mi chiedevo solo perch?© la versione in francese ?® aggiornata, quella tedesca (come ha detto Brad) non esiste proprio e quella italiana esiste ma non ?® aggiornata... :hmm:
...e se tutto questo aveva a che vedere come una nostra particolare reputazione...scherzo! :p
Quote:
Brad Oliver wrote:
I don't know about that - have you ever seen a German version of MacMAME? Or Farsi? ;-)
...I was kiddin... :p

#19539 11/10/04 06:30 AM
A
A
What?
andy

#19540 11/12/04 02:04 AM
Mine was a provocative question, St?©! She is not that she has never found the minimal difficulty in deciding if to press or not a written push-button with on play or quit... [ Cool ] I only asked myself because the version in French is modernized, that German (like has said Brad) does not exist just and that Italian exists but she is not dawned... [ Hmm ]... and if all this had to that to see like one our particular reputation... joke! [ Razz ]

Engrish translation courtesy of babelfish...

Signature stuck - wait 10 minutes for message.
#19541 11/12/04 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilWraith: She is not that she has never found the minimal difficulty in deciding if to press or not a written push-button with on play or quit...
But cert, I have capit! It's not very chiar to me what you meant with the sentence above: not to make the rompiball, but who is she? Or who she is not? Occhei, I hope you'll find the board very gustous and divertent...Uelcome to the MecMeim messeg bord!
After dis I tink det Richard uil clos de topic (After that I think that Richard will close the topic) smile
But cmooon, hilarious moment are so little in this board...

Translation by (or after) a Ten Years old Lagavulin

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (MrBogi, starlord, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com