Originally posted by Vlcice:
I'm having some trouble with S98 files in the new Audio Overload
Wow, this is really great. I have a bunch of these old pc-9800 game soundtracks on cassette tape, somewhere. Now AO can play them.
Well, sort of... there are some problems:
* the tempo of track 08 from Sorcerian
is really slow. The tempo of other tracks in the same archive are OK, though.
* some of the instrument sounds are wrong, for example the intro of track 11 in the same Sorcerian archive should be much more distorted.
* similarly(?) some instruments are replaced by weak hums or buzzing in the background. Track 07 from The Scheme (pcm)
is a good example.
* a more general problem, the overall mix doesn't sound quite right; I guess it is too "bright" making high pitched instruments relatively louder than they should be.
* the playback has a blip at the beginning of each track, and static/dropouts if I use AO's interface while playing (I mean scroll the list, look at menus etc.) This on 1.25 GHz 15" AlBook, 10.4.1. Haven't noticed any similar dropouts with other formats.