OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Get it from the blog.

Features:
* New ALSA backend with improved stability and compatibility
* Now will simply run at unlimited framerates if audio init fails
* Fixed random crashes when suspending gameplay
* Database support - put NstDatabase.dat in ~/.nestopia/ and you'll gain working PAL autodetection plus auto-patching of common badly-dumped ROMs
* Improved PAL support - audio no longer stutters for PAL games
* Added the ability to reset the emulated NES (F4)

sweet! thanks so much for your continuous work. i was gonna make another feature request i forgot to ask about earlier but you did it already! resetting the machine. nice. will try this and report back.

btw, was that winealsa info any help? even in an indirect way?

p.s. rb, can you make one very slight change to nestopia (win) src when you release the next version? specifically, make a root folder, some times i forget and just extract instead of extracting to a new folder.

D
D
Thanks for the rapid fixes. I'm having a problem with the saves, though. Save states are working fine, but the "battery saves" are not loading. The .sav files are created properly when opening a ROM and saved properly when exiting Nestopia, but when re-opening the emulator a new .sav is created, and upon exiting a blank .sav is written over the old one (fortunately I kept a backup). Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

UPDATE:
OMG! i just used the ntsc filter for the first time cuz i remembered that recent discussion about cutting the older filters from nestopia getting cut and i can't believe it! its just like my old tv. we had a big screen before so i don't think it looked quite like that on the big screen, but on my personal tv it looks identical...wow. awesome.

but back to the present...
compiled fine. no more crashing! OSS AND ALSA WORKS! yay for rb! thanks again.

with the next release tho, could you disable that "NES emulator" tooltip that we talked about before? thanks

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Yeah, sorry, forgot the tooltip smile And once I implement the full set of config knobs for the NTSC filter you should be able to make it look like most any TV smile

Dongle: I'll check, but those were working.

ETA: ok, battery save was busted. That's serious enough that I slipstreamed a hotfix - redownload preview #4 and the saves will load once again (tested with Zelda).

Last edited by R. Belmont; 03/21/07 09:23 PM.
i want to thank you again rb.

i grabbed the new version of preview 4 and compiled with the same results. but i just want to double check that these longer warnings are nothing to worry about....could you confirm that?
Compiling source/core/NstFile.cpp...
source/core/NstFile.cpp: In constructor é─˛Nes::Core::File::File()é─˘:
source/core/NstFile.cpp:56: warning: comparison between é─˛enum Nes::Core::File::Typeé─˘ and é─˛enum Nes::Api::User::Fileé─˘
source/core/NstFile.cpp:56: warning: comparison between é─˛enum Nes::Core::File::Typeé─˘ and é─˛enum Nes::Api::User::Fileé─˘

Compiling source/core/NstVideoRenderer.cpp...
source/core/NstVideoRenderer.cpp: In static member function é─˛static void Nes::Core::Video::Renderer::Palette::Store(const double (&)[3], Nes::byte (&)[3])é─˘:
source/core/NstVideoRenderer.cpp:210: warning: converting to é─˛inté─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘

Compiling source/core/api/NstApiVideo.cpp...
source/core/api/NstApiVideo.cpp: In member function é─˛Nes::Api::Video::Palette::Mode Nes::Api::Video::Palette::GetDefaultMode() consté─˘:
source/core/api/NstApiVideo.cpp:271: warning: comparison between é─˛enum Nes::Core::Video::Renderer::<anonymous>é─˘ and é─˛enum Nes::Core::Video::Renderer::PaletteTypeé─˘

Compiling source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp...
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:66: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::dwordé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:67: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::dwordé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp: In constructor é─˛Nes::Core::Boards::Vrc7::Sound::Tables::Tables()é─˘:
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:79: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::wordé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:82: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::byteé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:87: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::byteé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:122: warning: converting to é─˛long inté─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:145: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::iwordé─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:184: warning: converting to é─˛inté─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘
source/core/board/NstBrdVrc7.cpp:187: warning: converting to é─˛Nes::uinté─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘

(those ^^^ are the only long lines/warnings).

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Those are harmless, yes. Marty will probably want to clean them up eventually, but for now they aren't causing any trouble smile

ok. thanks for that confirmation.

M
M
Originally Posted By disturbedite

Meh, I fail to see the necessity of that warning. It's just a comparision between two enums implicitly converted to their underlying types. What's so suspicious about that?

Quote:
source/core/NstVideoRenderer.cpp:210: warning: converting to é─˛inté─˘ from é─˛doubleé─˘

This one is a bit more understandable but I still wish there were a way to turn it off in GCC. Consider:

double a = 100;
char b;

b = a;

Ok, the compiler starts whining so to shut it up, you change it to:

b = (char) a;

Later, you revisit your code and make a few changes:

double a = 300;
short b;

Now, enjoy your totally unnecesary bug. smile

</rant>

ha. i'm assuming that was meant for rb. and either way, i'm no programmer, but that was an amusing rant.

on another note...
i guess either marty or rb or both could answer this...
did nestopia get spawned from mame's nes/pc10/ninwhatever development?
(if not) more to my point, does any of the work on nestopia go into mame development? or is that already well enough established/completed? (i'm sure there is always room for improvement tho).

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com