Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
D
And just for fun I compiled it on a g3 imac (400mhz).

It runs, just very slowy.

(yeah, I was bored)

Later,
dabone

R
R
I created a package for this in Arch Linux if anyone is interested. I realize this isn't a full release, but it seems rather stable on my machine. Look for it in the Arch repository. http://aur.archlinux.org/

yesterday i reinstalled my os (kubuntu 7.04 i386) and i tried to compile nestopia again but i couldn't get it to compile this time, here is the konsole output:
make
Compiling source/linux/oss.cpp...
source/linux/oss.cpp:16:28: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory
source/linux/oss.cpp:38: error: expected initializer before é─˛*é─˘ token
source/linux/oss.cpp: In function é─˛void m1sdr_TimeCheck()é─˘:
source/linux/oss.cpp:73: error: é─˛snd_pcm_sframes_té─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:73: error: expected `;' before é─˛delayé─˘
source/linux/oss.cpp:75: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:82: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:82: error: é─˛delayé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:82: error: é─˛snd_pcm_delayé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:95: error: é─˛snd_pcm_writeié─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:96: error: é─˛snd_pcm_prepareé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp: In function é─˛INT16 m1sdr_Init(int)é─˘:
source/linux/oss.cpp:152: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_té─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:152: error: é─˛hwparamsé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:161: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:161: error: é─˛SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACKé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:161: error: é─˛snd_pcm_opené─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:162: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:167: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_mallocé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:169: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:174: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:174: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_anyé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:175: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:181: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:181: error: é─˛SND_PCM_ACCESS_RW_INTERLEAVEDé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:181: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_set_accessé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:182: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:187: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:187: error: é─˛SND_PCM_FORMAT_S16é─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:187: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_set_formaté─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:188: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:194: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:194: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_set_rate_nearé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:195: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:200: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:200: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_set_channelsé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:201: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:206: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:206: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_paramsé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:207: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:208: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_freeé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:212: error: é─˛snd_pcm_hw_params_freeé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:214: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:214: error: é─˛snd_pcm_prepareé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:215: error: é─˛snd_strerroré─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp: In function é─˛void m1sdr_Exit()é─˘:
source/linux/oss.cpp:282: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:282: error: é─˛snd_pcm_closeé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp: In function é─˛INT16 m1sdr_IsThere()é─˘:
source/linux/oss.cpp:306: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:306: error: é─˛SND_PCM_STREAM_PLAYBACKé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:306: error: é─˛snd_pcm_opené─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:313: error: é─˛pHandleé─˘ was not declared in this scope
source/linux/oss.cpp:313: error: é─˛snd_pcm_closeé─˘ was not declared in this scope
make: *** [objs/linux/oss.o] Error 1

is there some oss-dev package i'm missing? i looked but couldn't find any. (i have the libsdl1.2debian-all package installed).

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
You're missing the alsa dev package actually (it might also be called alsa-lib-dev).

i couldn't find exactly what you mentioned in my repos w/ my package manager but i did install alsa-oss (1.0.12-1) and nestopia compiled. thanks for the pointer!

i found something that might be useful for future reference/development in relation to alsa. wine's alsa driver is in pretty bad shape (and theres a soc project to whip it into shape) but there was an informative article about the way alsa works in the new wine newsletter today. the second paragraph is the relevant one:
http://www.winehq.com/?issue=330

Last edited by disturbedite; 05/02/07 01:31 AM.
M
M
I updated the RPM package for Fedora. It is available in Dribble as usual:

http://dribble.org.uk/

Andrea.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Pernod, Reznor007), 23 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,235
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com