Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Arrow74 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I want to run MESS for NES using the command line with the game starting in Full Screen and there being no Menu Bar when it starts. I have looked in the ini files, but do not see any commands that look like they would do this. I also want it to be able to exit using a key like ESC. What am I missing for these things? I have MAME doing this and I want it to act like MAME so I can use the same Front End that I use for MAME. Thanks!

F
F
Your best bet seems to me (I may be talking out my backside here) to turn off the "new GUI", and set it to fullscreen. Personally, though, you might be better off using a different emulator for NES since there are much less CPU-intensive choices.

A
Arrow74 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Is there any that you would suggest, with my goal being to try to hide Windows?

F
F
Mednafen is a pretty good multisystem emulator. Nestopia is also decent.

By the way, if you want to try MESS, use -nonu to turn off the "new gui" and see how that goes with you. Also, keep in mind that any settings you set with the MESSGUI.EXE for a system are saved to INI so you don't have to use commandline switches or such. Just turn off the new ui and set fullscreen on anything you want to use with the front end, and you'll see nothing resembling windows.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dorando, 1 invisible), 29 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,132
Posts119,654
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com