Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
D
Why get Bannister to do it wink I've been hard at work on a full rewrite of OpenNestopia, and with any luck will be able to release right alongside of the official version.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Nifty, looking forward to that then smile

M
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
Soft-patching is a core feature of NST as far as I know, so if Richard doesn't hook it up it's not Marty's fault.

The patching actually takes place in the Windows shell code right now. I could change that though and move it to the core instead and add an optional std::istream parameter to the loader functions. Would that work?

D
D
Originally Posted By Marty
Soft-patching is a core feature of NST as far as I know, so if Richard doesn't hook it up it's not Marty's fault.

The patching actually takes place in the Windows shell code right now. I could change that though and move it to the core instead and add an optional std::istream parameter to the loader functions. Would that work?

Would sure make my life easier

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Ahh, that would be why I didn't implement it yet. And yes, please do smile

M
M
Wow. That thread confirmed everything I ever thought was bad about nesdev - none of them give a flying frak about the actual hardware or software, they just like the free games. I expected that from most people, but it was disappointing to see it from the likes of Blargg.

Ahh well, when MAME and MESS go to xml-in-a-zip-wrapper ROMs at least they can't say we didn't warn them it was the Next Big Thing ;-)

I just read the thread you're talking about and... wow indeed. It's rare that I see such high levels of ignorance.

R
R
Ahh, that would be why I didn't implement it yet. And yes, please do smile

Yup, I'll second that.

T
T
Bootgod, i hope your reading this..

I saw over at the aformentioned thread over at nesdev http://forums.no.intro.free.fr/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnesdev.parodius.com%2Fbbs%2Fviewtopic.php%3Fp%3D31392%2331392

That you're implementiation of the XML format allows for merging of clones into a single zip, over at no-intro we are hard at work for identifing parents/clones for this kind of merging, maybe using this XML based system will allow for a better more coordinated way to define parents and clones than the current text file list we use, see here for our current system:
http://forums.no.intro.free.fr/showthread.php?t=1999

J
J
Originally Posted By MESSfan
a tales of goodtools fun

At that second I rofl'd under the table for a couple of minutes... why? because the rom has a bad checksum. A damned BAD CHECKSUM.

Aren't there good dumps with a known incorrect checksum? Or is that more of the goodtools koolaid recirculating?

And to Marty, why not put the ines files inside the xml file, like here?
Code:
<dump format="ines" system="nes" country="us">
NES**@DiskDude!**'***"**7* ****(***(***7  
</dump>

I'm assuming the format would support more than one system type?

Sorry for joining the thread late.

Last edited by Justin Goldberg; 03/18/08 06:06 AM.
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com