Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Fava #30785 06/26/07 03:31 AM
The nearest Gorf machine to me, that I know of, is at Vintage Arcade Superstore. They were nice enough to let me photograph some games a few years ago for MAME artwork - but this would be a whole 'nother thing. I'd be glad to take the time to do it, if they were up for it.

AtariAge Blog
Another question... would it be possible to do a similar ROM swap to get Gorf to play out all of the lines of dialog, in order to get good, clean recordings of everything?

AtariAge Blog
A
A
Originally Posted By Martin
I can happily do that for you Aaron if you're able to produce the code to cycle the screen colours smile

That would be awesome. Any of the Astrocade-based boards would work.

Like you say, that's the only way to get the values without including the monitor although you may still need it to be done using two or three different RGB encoder boards because of the somewhat obsolete and strange component on there (we're taling about the board with the paper tube, yes?).

Not sure which board it is, but it's the one that outputs RGB. smile

I can borrow two or three of these little PCBs if you did want to check the results from more than one since another collector in the same town has a loft full of this kind of thing.

I'll leave that up to do, since you will be doing the hard work! I think the tediousness of getting 768 values from an oscilloscope will drive you insane relatively quickly.

It will probably be a couple of weeks before I have time for it. I'll need your email address to coordinate. Either PM me or send it via the contact forms on mamedev.org or aarongiles.com.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Heihachi_73), 17 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,994
Posts118,166
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com