OP Offline
M
(Subject says it all)

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Dave's been running Leopard developer previews approximately forever, so I'd hope it is smile

You know, I actually hate when this sort of question comes up.

I've been getting almost daily questions about whether my stuff is compatible with Leopard. Guess what? I don't know.

Nor will I until probably about a week after American audiences get it... smile

D
D
Actually, I haven't tried. My Leopard use has mainly been for work. Hopefully there's no issues. wink

-Dave

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By Richard Bannister
I've been getting almost daily questions about whether my stuff is compatible with Leopard. Guess what? I don't know.

I just assumed that developers would have early access to Leopard to test their software. I have read that Dave does in fact have it.

Originally Posted By Richard Bannister
You know, I actually hate when this sort of question comes up.

Didn't mean to offend anyone... wink I am asking because I am trying to decide if I will upgrade the OS on my mini that is in my cabinet. It will be the difference of a family pack or not. Leopard would add some cool eye-candy to my interface.

M
M
I'm sure it worked fine last time I tried it.

If anyone wants me to test anything specific then tell me what and I'll reboot for a bit [:)]

Online Content
Originally Posted By macfaninpdx

I just assumed that developers would have early access to Leopard to test their software. I have read that Dave does in fact have it.

No. Only the folks who want to pay for an Apple Developer Membership. Cheapest one that gets you Leopard betas is $500.

M
M
Per year!

If you use your machine for development and plan on buying new hardware fairly regularly then the figures add up to a no brainer. Particularly this year with Leopard coming out.

If however you don't plan on taking advantage of some of the other benefits then it's a harder choice. Particularly if the projects you work on are non revenue generating (open source for instance). I think one way for someone like Richard to go would be to have a donations link for the software he has available with the simple statement that if people want advance notification of whether the code works on pre-release versions of OSX then enough funds would need to be raised to make it happen.

Simple fact is though that's a personal choice and obviously not everyone is going to want to even consider going down that route smile

Only 2 days, 6 hours and 30 minutes to go now though!

M
M
Talking of which - don't suppose anyone has heard when the final version is likely to be seeded to eligible ADC members have they?

I'm kind of puzzled as to why it's not yet appeared!

Knowing the good old Royal Mail in the UK I'm perfectly sure it won't be dropping through my door in the morning (or Sat. morning depending on the timing!)

K
K
Well, you could always test some of the preview builds floating around the various file-sharing networks, though I haven't personally done that myself. Anyway, Leopard comes out here tomorrow in the U.S. !.. I'm going to wait a bit though to see if there are any "issues", though knowing Apple there probably won't be...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Pernod, Dorando, AJR, mixmaster), 26 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,943
Posts117,553
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com