Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
I've had all the preview builds genuinely from Apple (well, okay there were one or two I didn't bother downloading due to bandwidth limitations but you get the idea!), just curious and itching to get my hands on the final build smile

M
M
Just to report back on this, Pacman and the like work just fine. That's about as far as I've got with testing and about as far as I'm likely too [:)]

SDLMame gives me the same results too but I doubt I'm on the latest version of that!

I've received my copy of Leopard and my stuff appears to work normally.

Both MAME OS X and SDLMAME seem to work fine (during my limited test).

If you enable Spaces (very cool), you should change the default keyboard shortcut (Control key + arrow keys). I kept on switching virtual screens while shooting down invaders until I changed the keys... :-)

And I'm happy to report that AuditCleaner works, too wink

C
C
MAME OS X works like a charm under Leopard, here's the proof:

With Spaces(TM) you can even move your game window in a different space from the browser window, and Leo will switch from a space to another one automatically when you launch a game or when you exit from a game.

The only drawback is that since the CTRL key is used along with the arrow keys to switch between spaces, when you will play a game with the keyboard you will frequently switch accidentaly the actual space...

Last edited by Cesco; 11/01/07 10:59 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted By Cesco
The only drawback is that since the CTRL key is used along with the arrow keys to switch between spaces, when you will play a game with the keyboard you will frequently switch accidentaly the actual space...

Um, what's to stop you from telling MAME to use something other than the CTRL key? The inputs are remappable, after all.

Or the other way round as I suggested in my post smile

C
C
Originally Posted By MooglyGuy
Um, what's to stop you from telling MAME to use something other than the CTRL key?

My bad old habits, I suppose :P

I used to play games with that combination of keys for ages, since MAME 0.1... er, no... since Sparcade 1.0 smile

C
C
Originally Posted By Carbon
Or the other way round as I suggested in my post smile

Thank you, I have just changed the key mapping on Spaces.

MAME vs SPACES ? That's a no-brainer, MAME wins hands down laugh

K
K
So I guess MAME works fine under Leopard.. I know this is slightly off topic, but has anyone tested Audio Overload on Leopard ?..

Or furthermore, anyone noticed any significant incompatibilities/issues with any software than worked fine under Tiger ?.. For instance, does Safari 2 work under Leopard ?.. Unfortunately, some sites that I visit have not yet made themselves compatible with Safari 3..

Btw.. Nice desktop, Cesco..

Last edited by KBeazley; 11/04/07 08:28 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 30 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,943
Posts117,553
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com