Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
OP Offline
D
Version 0.119 is up at:

http://mameosx.sourceforge.net/

Changes are:
  • Upgrade to 0.119 baseline.
  • Ignores input while in the background.
  • Properly normalize analog joysticks (#1780515).
  • Fix double Command-Q to quit (#1789071).
  • Fix quitting after errors (#1799359).
  • Fix Command-F enables visual effects on Leopard (#1843080).
  • Remove "Status" column per mamedev's request.
  • Tweak performance of game list.
  • Don't default to auditing at startup.
  • Fix vector flicker default setting.
  • Add joystick deadzone and saturation UI preferences.
  • Fix crash on exit for games with overlays and artwork (#1785151)

-Dave

G
G
First off, thanks!

The bad news is that things aren't working out so well. When I run 0.119 it tells me it is "Updating game list" and nothing ever happens. I tried removing the entire ~/Library/Application Support/MAME OS X directory and letting MAME OS X create a new one (in case something was buggered) and no joy. I even tried to simplify things by putting a single, working ROM in the ROMs folder. Still nothing. I'm not sure what to try next. I'm open to suggestions.

Also, might I ask what "Remove "Status" column per mamedev's request" means? They didn't want you to list whether a game was working or not? I must be missing something here.

If this ain't a mess, it'll do til a mess gets here.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
about the Status column, it's been removed from MAMEUI (once MAME32) on Windows as well. This was the explaination

Quote:
Per MameDEV request; removed the ROMs view customization item, and reworked auditing to not show an icon change state for unavailable sets in all games folder view. This was to bring Mame32 into compliance w/ the section of the Mame terms of usage which states 'Do not provide a means of generating a list of games that specifically identifies those games for which the user does not have image files'. Audit functionality and game search on start is still present to populate the 'Available' folder view.[Mike Haaland]

I'm having the same problem as Golan.

Also, I tried compiling the source: I made sure to out the MAME 0.119 in the right place, but compilation didn't not succeed. This is the first error I got:

Code:
Building target “UnitTests” of project “mameosx” with configuration “Release” — (30 errors)
	    cd /Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119
    /Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -x objective-c -arch i386 -pipe -Wno-trigraphs -fpascal-strings -fasm-blocks -O3 -Wreturn-
type -fmessage-length=0 -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/mameosx.build/
Release/UnitTests.build/UnitTests.hmap -F/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/Release -F/Developer/
Library/Frameworks -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/Release/include -I/Users/charel/Desktop/
mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src/mame -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src/mame/includes -I/
Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src/emu -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src -
I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src/osd -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame/src/
lib/util -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/mame -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/osx -I/
Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/layouts -I/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/
mameosx.build/Release/UnitTests.build/DerivedSources -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -include /Library/Caches/
com.apple.Xcode.501/SharedPrecompiledHeaders/mame-grhfnxgceufesubrmmgaxnlzcaji/mame.pch -c /Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/
mameosx/tags/0.119/tests/MameFileManagerTest.m -o /Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/build/mameosx.build/
Release/UnitTests.build/Objects-normal/i386/MameFileManagerTest.o

/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/tests/MameFileManagerTest.m: In function '-[MameFileManagerTest testReadFile]':

/Users/charel/Desktop/mameosx/mameosx/tags/0.119/tests/MameFileManagerTest.m:38: error: 'mame_file_error' undeclared (first use in this function)

Edit: quitting and relaunching MAME OS X fixed the auditing problem at start-up for me.

2nd Edit: MAME OS X compiles fine, it is the UnitTests target that fails to build. Does anybody know what this unit is used for?

Last edited by Carbon; 12/15/07 11:39 AM.
G
G
Originally Posted By etabeta78
about the Status column, it's been removed from MAMEUI (once MAME32) on Windows as well. This was the explaination

Quote:
Per MameDEV request; removed the ROMs view customization item, and reworked auditing to not show an icon change state for unavailable sets in all games folder view. This was to bring Mame32 into compliance w/ the section of the Mame terms of usage which states 'Do not provide a means of generating a list of games that specifically identifies those games for which the user does not have image files'. Audit functionality and game search on start is still present to populate the 'Available' folder view.[Mike Haaland]

Thanks for posting that. I find that interesting because I was doing specifically what they didn't want me to do. I would look at the list of games I didn't have (and in most cases had never heard of) and would look them up at MAWS to see if it was a game I might enjoy.

I went back and tried 0.118 and oddly it no longer appears to allow me to do it either. It is as if installation of the new version has removed the functionality from the previous version somehow. I think I'll try installing 0.118 on another machine so I can generate a list of the games I don't have.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
And that's exactly why we don't want you to do it - you are pirating intellectual property that you otherwise wouldn't have because of the feature.

B
B
if you don't select "preserve game aspect ratio" and select visual effect on "aperture" and "start in full screen" when you play Ghouls'n Ghosts only left side screen is visible, a bug?

Last edited by budge; 12/16/07 02:15 AM.
Golan,

Does it keep saying that? It did that for me and stopped, but nothing came up. I then went to the filters setting and changed it to All and everything came up; changed back to Favourites and it looked normal. Restarted and all was well.

Might be an idea to blow away your preferences file: ~Library/Preferences/net.mame.mameosx.plist and see if that changes anything.

Of course if it doesn't go to the bug reporting section of Dave's sourceforge page and put down the requested info to help him out as I don't think he checks this page for bug reports.

Sean Aaron
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By Golan Klinger

The bad news is that things aren't working out so well. When I run 0.119 it tells me it is "Updating game list" and nothing ever happens. I tried removing the entire ~/Library/Application Support/MAME OS X directory and letting MAME OS X create a new one (in case something was buggered) and no joy. I even tried to simplify things by putting a single, working ROM in the ROMs folder. Still nothing. I'm not sure what to try next. I'm open to suggestions.

Can you enable debug logging (Preferences > Messages) and try again? Create a new bug at SourceForge and attach the output of the log file. Also, attach your preferences file, so I can see if it's something in there that's causing it. You can try trashing the prefs, but please keep a copy so I can inspect, if you don't mind.

-Dave

G
G
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
And that's exactly why we don't want you to do it - you are pirating intellectual property that you otherwise wouldn't have because of the feature.

You are making assumptions. Regardless, the functionality has been removed as per the request and MAME OS X is now in compliance so the issue falls into the category of 'that which is understood need not be discussed'.

Originally Posted By Dave Dribin
Can you enable debug logging (Preferences > Messages) and try again?

Will do. Now that I've had some sleep I'm going to experiment a bit more and see if I can create a coherent bug report rather than a vague description of the problem.

Last edited by Golan Klinger; 12/15/07 09:35 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 13 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,941
Posts117,543
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com