Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By CrispyXUK
Is there a reason you chose to have screenshots / titles / etc in a different directory format to other platforms?

Screenshots are handled identically to baseline MAME.

-Dave

I've come across a minor cosmetic bug and was wondering if others can reproduce it: If you select Window > Log, then resize the Log window by grabbing the bottom-right corner and dragging up and down, does the Clear Log button also move and up down while you're dragging?

How do I get the game list to show me only the games I actually have? I waited through the audit, but that doesn't appear to have done anything. Why is it still showing me a complete list including games it now knows I don't have?

What does View -> Toggle Substitution do? All it does for me is bring up the message "You must run an audit to populate this list", and then when I click "Audit Unaudited Games" it just brings me back to the full game list.

What's the difference between selecting "Good" and "Favorites" in the filter? How do I set a game as 'good' even though it might not be one of my favorites?

When I launched MAME OS X for the first time, it said 'Updating game list' and game me the same 'You must run an audit" message, but the "Audit" button was greyed out. What's the difference between updating the game list and running an audit? I quit MAME OS X and relaunched it before the "updating game list" went away, and now it never came back - is that a problem, should I have let it finish first?

Wow!

Lot of questions there, the answers to which are fairly straight-forward, if you had spent more than five minutes before posting here. Click "Good" to see which ROMs you actually have. Click "Favorites" to see which ROMs you've tagged as your favorites. To tag a ROM as your favorite, select it in the list, then click the Heart in the toolbox. Viola.

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By Brian Kendig
What does View -> Toggle Substitution do? All it does for me is bring up the message "You must run an audit to populate this list", and then when I click "Audit Unaudited Games" it just brings me back to the full game list.

Whoops... "Toggle Substitution " is a remnant of debugging. Don't use it.

Quote:
When I launched MAME OS X for the first time, it said 'Updating game list' and game me the same 'You must run an audit" message, but the "Audit" button was greyed out. What's the difference between updating the game list and running an audit? I quit MAME OS X and relaunched it before the "updating game list" went away, and now it never came back - is that a problem, should I have let it finish first?

"Updating game list" means it's reading information from baseline MAME, and storing it in a database. Basically, it's populating the "All" list. It'll only do it once, per MAME version. Thus if/when a new version comes out, it'll update again since 0.120 (or whatever) supports different games than 0.119. If the last item in your "All" list is "Zzyzzyxx (set 2)", then if finished properly.

-Dave

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted By MisterMD
I've come across a minor cosmetic bug and was wondering if others can reproduce it: If you select Window > Log, then resize the Log window by grabbing the bottom-right corner and dragging up and down, does the Clear Log button also move and up down while you're dragging?

I can reproduce that. Would you mind filing a bug at SourceForge?

-Dave

M
M
I got time to try it a bit more and I'm glad that now I can customize the keystroke for the volume (since I don't have direct ~tilde key on my keyboard). Thanks.

Originally Posted By Bob Boyle
Lot of questions there, the answers to which are fairly straight-forward, if you had spent more than five minutes before posting here.

Bob, the sarcasm isn't appreciated. I know how Favorites work, and I wasn't asking anything about that.

My confusion was because "Good" isn't showing me the roms I actually have. The list is close, but there are some games missing from it whose roms I have, and whose audit passes with no errors. This may be due to the way I store my roms ('non-merged'). I'll do some research and see if I can figure out what's going on.

It helps to know that 'Good' means 'Exists On My Hard Drive', but this raises a new question - if MAME OS X goes to the trouble of figuring out what roms I have, then why should it bother showing me a list of all roms it supports? Like, if I don't have Mappy, then why would I want to see a list containing Mappy that would let me try to start Mappy? Why would anyone ever want to use the 'All' list instead of 'Good'?

Originally Posted By Dave Dribin
"Updating game list" means it's reading information from baseline MAME, and storing it in a database. Basically, it's populating the "All" list. It'll only do it once, per MAME version.

Should this be a modal operation, then? Shouldn't it prevent me from doing anything until it populates the list fully, lest I jump the gun and then wonder why the list only shows half of my games?

And rather than a static message and a barberpole, would it be possible to make it say what game's info it's loading, and have a progress bar to show how far along it is?

B
B
Originally Posted By budge
Originally Posted By Dave Dribin
What version of OS X are you using, and what's the size of your monitor? Did previous versions work better?

Only game with 384x224 don't works, mameosx 0.118 have same problem, i'v imac 24 aluminium with leopard and monitor resolution of 1920*1200, see mameosx log:

Aspect ratio: 0.000000, Minimum size: 384x224, visible size: 384x224
Full screen size: {1920, 1120} of {1920, 1200}
Render frames in: Quartz Composer Composition
Render in Core Video thread: NO

if i press cmd-e and toggle effect, it work well.

someone can reproduce this?

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (Duke, Pernod, judge, 1 invisible), 21 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,941
Posts117,543
Members4,994
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com