Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Many thanks #39272 03/11/08 05:45 AM
F
front_end_friend Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I'm in the middle of building a cabinet now and I'm at a point where I can start back on the software side. I wrote a frontend (frontendfriend.com) to use but one big update I needed to make was to be able to show only working good games that I wanted to play. I downloaded a new version of MAME OS X and saw that exporting of favorites is now an option. So it was about a 30 min fix to my software to read this exported list smile

The best part is with MAME OS X you can flip to showing all the working games, hit apple+a and click the heart icon, then save out the favorites.

I still have a lot of work to do but wanted to say thanks for this update and mameosx-util!

Re: Many thanks [Re: front_end_friend] #39305 03/12/08 08:59 PM
E
erise Offline
E
Front End Friend looks pretty nice! Want me to make a page for at on the MacScene Wiki Emulators section (here)?

Macscene covers emulation of everything on Mac OS X.
Re: Many thanks [Re: erise] #39352 03/13/08 10:14 PM
F
front_end_friend Offline OP
OP Offline
F
That would be great!

Re: Many thanks [Re: front_end_friend] #39440 03/16/08 05:14 PM
E
erise Offline
E
Here it is. Let me know if anything is incorrect:

http://www.macscene.net/wiki/index.php/Front_End_Friend

Macscene covers emulation of everything on Mac OS X.
Re: Many thanks [Re: front_end_friend] #39559 03/24/08 12:05 AM
caver01 Offline
I tried Front End Friend. I know it's just getting started, but so far, it looks pretty promising! I like the simplicity.

Once set the paths and I imported the favorites, I launched it. I was able to scroll through my list no problem. I did not launch a game. Instead, I realized I wanted to re-path to a different set of screenshots. At this point, I couldn't remember the command-key to bring up the prefs, so I command-Q to quit. Then, every time I have launched it, I get the launch screen with my list but keys do nothing and all I get are alert beeps when I press keys. I am going to trash that file as your website suggests and start over.

I could not get it to allow me to change keys. Actually, when I looked for SPACE, or UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT arrows, they were not in the list. These are going to be pretty common choices for a front end so folks can use their Player 1 joystick to navigate.

Anyway, I look forward to the enhancements you are planning! Way to go!

Moderated by  Dave Dribin 

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edstrom, 1 invisible), 157 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,683
Posts114,012
Members4,863
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019