Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi all,

I decided to take a peek at the source for Mess last night. I'm a long time mame user / compiler / occasional tinkerer but haven't ever looked at Mess before.

I decided to go the route of pulling it up in eclipse. I'm on Mac OS X Leopard by the way. Now, I appreciate the "no support for SVN versions" statement that I read somewhere along the line, but I'm just trying to establish if the build failure I'm getting is because something my end is broke, or something in the current SVN (updated this morning, 3/4/08).

I'm seeing the error: "ld: in obj/sdl/messd/libocore.a, archive has no table of contents" and then it stops. That sounds more like a config thing at my end than anything? It does do it if I make from the command line too though so I'm guessing it's not specifically Eclipse related.

2nd, probably much quicker one, to get it to compile (as far as it will) with the built in debugger enabled I had to hack the makefile and comment out the line that adds -Werror for optimised builds as some methods are marked as deprecated. Is there a better way?

Finally, I can't see a way in Eclipse to edit a Make Target, only how to delete one (delete key) or add one (right click on the project and select "Make targets / Create") That seems a little bizarre that if I want to add a make option later, as I did for DEBUGGER=1 then I would have to delete the target and re-create it. Any ideas on that one?

Thanks for any pointers and sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Martin.

D
D
If you've gone by the guide on the wiki, it's a bit outdated. You should now use Project->Build configurations to build MESS. For your other errors, search in the SDLMAME forum, there are solutions for that.

M
Martin Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Shame! I thought having a panel with the Make targets on the right hand side and double clocking whichever you wanted was a much neater way to do it (my above query not withstanding of course!) smile

Ok, will set it up with build configurations instead then.

And will take a look over at SDLMame later tonight.

Thanks for the tips.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dorando, Hydreigon, R. Belmont), 14 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,085
Posts119,081
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com