Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#41084 05/11/08 08:42 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Alright, I am going to make a new cheat code pack, using the new xml format for the files. It would take a very long time to complete this project if I'm the only one working at it. I have started it and completed up to leter B. Basically what I'm doing is going to the game genie website, copy/paste the codes into the cheat section of Nestopia and then exporting the xml file to a folder, naming the file the name of the game.

My server is down so I can't upload what I have already done for you to check out. As soon as it's back up I'll post a zip file.

Does anyone want to help with this project? It's very easy to do, just time consuming if I'm the only one working on it. Please let me know.

V
V
If you want you can also go to the gshi, we had made better codes than those, fixing some problems and adding lot of new cheats.
http://gshi.org/

VisitntX #41101 05/12/08 11:16 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By VisitntX
If you want you can also go to the gshi, we had made better codes than those, fixing some problems and adding lot of new cheats.
http://gshi.org/

OK cool, thanks. Check out what I've done so far: download. Anyone wanna help?

V
V
After a rapid look I must say that is good, but there is a little problem. Game Genie codes depend of each version of the game, so if the codes are made for the american version is most than probably that they will not work for the japanese version.
But it's really a good work.
I hope that Marty find a way sometime to add the codes in a lonely file and automatically shows the code for each game once we load them, that will make a project like yours more easy to do.

Last edited by VisitntX; 05/13/08 12:26 AM.
VisitntX #41141 05/13/08 12:59 AM
M
OP Offline
M
You know, I never realized that until just now, when I tried about four different invicibility codes for Castlevania from http://gshi.org/ and none of them worked. All my codes I get from the official game genie site, so I'm assuming they are all USA codes...

V
V
There are diff version of the castlevania game, like revisions: PRG0, PRG1, etc. Probably that's your problem, if you know what PRG is yours and what region I can made it instantly.

VisitntX #41149 05/13/08 10:24 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Oh ok, well I've added just a few files since the first download link I posted. Check it out: download. See what you can do. You can always go to the game genie site and start at letter Z laugh

Too bad there isn't a way to make cheat codes load based on the roms checksum or CRC. I'd personally think that would make the cheats unique to each cartridge rom then. But I'm just tossing an idea here.

"This parrot wouldn't voom if I put 4 million volts through it!" - John Cleese
Warpath #41157 05/13/08 10:23 PM
V
V
I think that Marty is looking in a way to implement some hash to the cheat engine. Hope he find a way to auto load the cheats based in that. Could be really great. Maybe I will do a serious database if that's the case. And not only GG, PAR also. GG are good for some things and PAR for others. You could do things with par that couldn't be easily made with GG, poking an address is one RAM location with PAR/AR, poking a RAM address as ROM code will need as a minimum of 3 lines code.

Last edited by VisitntX; 05/13/08 10:25 PM.
VisitntX #41158 05/13/08 10:26 PM
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
It could also be possible to have a cheat file in the zip for XML ROMs and give a choice of which one(s) to enable when you load the game.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (ssj, Pernod, Dorando), 27 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com