Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
M
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
And this is why nobody makes games for Linux, my friends.

Since when?

All the game I play are either emulated video game consoles (eg, NES), or have native ports (eg, Quake 3).

J
J
I've got no key response either. I've got my keyboard, that doesn't respond to anything, including ESC, and keys I've got mapped. I've also got an X-Arcade on USB and that doesn't seem to be doing anything either. Got compiz-fusion installed, otherwise normal everyday Gentoo system.

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Jx: did you get the new nstcontrols file in Release C and copy it to the .nestopia folder in your home directory? (Mapping the controls in the GUI should also work).

J
J
No input for me either (Hardy). Copied the nstcontrols to .nestopia and edited both files as well as using the GUI.

J
J
I did grab release C, just a few minutes ago. I also mapped controls in the GUI.

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Ok, I expect a non-US keyboard won't respond with the default nstcontrols file, but you're saying the mapper window shows a key being pressed but the same key doesn't respond in-game? And you have focus on the game window?

J
J
My keyboard is USA all around. All of my locales are en_US.utf8. The mapper window shows my changes, and I've verified they're written into the nstcontrols file. Game window shows focus, and I can move the game window. SDLMAME and SDLMESS work fine with the same hardware. I suppose with compiz I might not exactly have focus, but this is the first application that doesn't seem to accept my keypresses.

M
M
Hey, thanks for the updated release. The new nstcontrols file did the trick!

hey thanks RB for a great feature rich release wink

finally, using opengl, i can run nestopia without screen tearing on intel integrated laugh

one minor thing tho - when setting functions such as rewinding, pressing a button and seeing the timer run out, the console shows this:
Code:
1 joystick(s) detected.
Joystick 1 is 'WiseGroup.,Ltd MP-8866 Dual USB Joypad' has 6 axes and 12 buttons.

invalid event type 'META'

and it doesn't register the button, but i fixed it by manually editing nstcontrols smile

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Ahh, that sounds like a bug! smile

ETA: Ok, this is an easy typo fix. In source/linux/controlconfig.cpp around line 388, it should look like this:

Code:
	// write the nstcontrols line
	sprintf(outline, "%s\t", entry);

Change "entry" to "desc" like so:

Code:
sprintf(outline, "%s\t", desc);

Then recompile and you should be able to remap "meta" controls properly. I'll also post a Release D with this fix. Thanks for the clear report, veenom! (And if you have problems with NEStopia, the console output's always a great place to look for clues, like he demonstrated.)

Last edited by R. Belmont; 06/25/08 12:44 AM.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Belmont, Reznor007), 20 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com