Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
R
Why linux version lacks turbobuttons (autofire)? Dozens of games are unplayable without this function.

M
M
Originally Posted By Ratmann
Why linux version lacks turbobuttons (autofire)? Dozens of games are unplayable without this function.

Hahaha, are you kidding me? You realize that the original NES didn't come with turbo buttons or autofire, right? Therefore it stands to reason that the games aren't unplayable without the function, it's just that you suck.

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
I gotta agree. And if you suck that bad, just use Mighty Mo's cheat file smile

M
M
So you're ignoring the existence of the NES Max (official controller with turbo A/B buttons)? wink

R
R
Sorry, i haven't seen the _original_ NES, only clones, but all of them have that turbo controllers, so i always thought it's an official thing... =] But nevertheless, why it's so difficult to implement a feature that win32 version had for ages?

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
It's not difficult, I just don't use rapid fire so I didn't implement it.

A patch to add it will be accepted (please don't mess with the GUI part however, I'll handle that).

M
M
Originally Posted By Ratmann
Sorry, i haven't seen the _original_ NES, only clones, but all of them have that turbo controllers, so i always thought it's an official thing...

Not quite... the original controller, which most people only used, looked like this: https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Image:NES_controller.jpg

There were official controllers (NES Max, NES Advantage) that included turbo buttons, but they were sold separately, and significantly less common.

Last edited by Mike S.; 07/26/08 01:30 AM.
D
D
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not with the g release, but I figured I should mention it:

I'm using a sidewinder pad. When configuring the key layout, the proper keys appeared in the window. However, in the configuration file player1-B was mapped to the same key as player1-down, which was not the input I gave the program when it was running. This was easily fixed by changing player1-B to the proper key manually in the text file.

R
R
Hi,

I'm having trouble compiling 1.40 on Hardy.

Downloaded and unzipped the source (Nestopia140src.zip) then unzipped the linux overlay (nst140_lnx_release_g.zip) overtop.

'make' starts alright, gets through a few ".cpp's" but then starts hitting problems:

"
Compiling source/linux/kentry.cpp...
source/linux/kentry.cpp:59: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
source/linux/kentry.cpp:84: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
source/linux/kentry.cpp:100: warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’
"

(it actually repeats these 3 numbers about two dozen times)

It resumes with controlconfig.cpp and seems to finish, but trying "nst" afterwards produces:

"bash: nst: command not found"

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ryan

R
Very Senior Member
OP Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
That warning is harmless and would not result in a build failure. Please list what it says at the end of the compile.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (R. Belmont, Reznor007), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com