Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#44000 08/22/08 08:29 PM
O
OP Offline
O
I have scanned some of the threads looking for information about this feature, but to little avail.

First, I need to know the exact place to put the disksys.nes BIOS files. Placing it in BIOS Roms in application support does not seem to do anything as Nestopia still gives an error

I tried to use F3 to bring up something, as Richard Bannister suggested, but nothing happens. What is supposed to come up and what does this feature do with FDS roms?

Finally, another suggested that the BIOS file needs to be in the same folder as Nestopia application. Is this the case?

M
M
All you have to do is place disksys.rom (not .nes) in the root directory (where nestopia.exe is), that's it.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
"application support" suggests he's on a Mac so that doesn't apply.

O
OP Offline
O
yes, that is the case. I should have mentioned that I was on a Mac.

Previous threads suggested most people use Nestopia on Macs..

O
OP Offline
O
Hoping this is something simple, surely someone here is able to address this issue?

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Actually none of the regular posters/readers use NEStopia on the Mac, so you'll have to wait until Richard Bannister takes notice.

E
E
I found the answer in the "About Nestopia.rtf" file included with Nestopia, of all places! It says the following:

Nestopia is fully compatible with Famicom Disk System games in .fds format. The file "disksys.rom" must be present in the same directory as Nestopia for these to work.

So rename the file to disksys.rom and stick it in the same folder as the Nestopia application.

Last edited by erise; 08/25/08 01:32 AM.

Macscene covers emulation of everything on Mac OS X.
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
The manual? Well, I never! smile

O
OP Offline
O
yes, I had hoped it was something simple, so I checked the manual hoping for that.

Didn't work unfortunately. When you say same directory, I don't supose the emulator needs to be in the same (hard drive?) as the BIOS files as well? I tried this kind of, but I may be doing it wrong.

I have my games on one drive, and the app support on the boot drive. Does this cause a conflict with Nestopia and FDS roms?

New Folder
Put Nestopia in that folder
Put disksys.rom in that folder

Maybe it should say 'The file "disksys.rom" must be present in the same folder as the Nestopia application'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Marty, R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (mixmaster), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,284
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com