Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#5361 09/12/05 11:30 PM
K
Kenwa Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Bizzare topic I know, but didn't want to waste the boards time with 2 seperate threads laugh

1st q. Is it a known bug that some tunes in 720 have the wrong volume (infact, is it even a bug?) My tape of the original soundtrack is nearly worn out and I must render a cd version . Granted the drums are FM and not the pcm ones off the tape, but it's still the best 2151 roar in the world!

2nd q. Were there any systems that threw a 2151 (or any other FM YMx) through a filter before it reached the jamma connector?

Thanks!

Kenwa

We get signal...

All your base are belong to fond memories
#5362 09/13/05 12:15 AM
R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
For volume, your best bet is to turn off M1's normalizer and find a good fixed volume setting that works across the songs. (In Bridge, click off the Normalization icon and use the volume slider. For commandline M1, use -n to turn off normalization and -vX to set a fixed volume level where 50 is half, 100 is full, 200 is 2x amplify, etc).

As far as I know nobody filtered the YMs, not even the full-size keyboards that used them (e.g. the Yamaha DX-7). FM synth with a nice resonant analog filter could definitely make some interesting sounds I imagine :-)

#5363 09/13/05 01:25 AM
K
Kenwa Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Yeh, it's what I'm doing my my trusty ol' DX7, a bit o'kit and a shedload of cabling. Most likely though my efforts will sound more "SHADDUP!" than Sega...

All your base are belong to fond memories

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Vas Crabb, Lord Nightmare, 1 invisible), 12 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,070
Posts118,930
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com