E
Emuman Offline OP
OP Offline
E
mamepgui-1.4.9.win-20091016
mamepgui-1.4.9.linux.x86-20091016
mamepgui-1.4.9.mac.universal-20091016
mamepgui-1.4.9.src-20091016

M+GUI currently supports the following MAME builds: MAME, MESS, SDLMAME, SDLMESS, MAMEPlus

this is a maintenance release, with many improvements requested by users.

• fixed sorting in Details View
  • added View - Arrange Icons menu
  • fixed sequence of IPS values
  • added File - Audit - Audit Samples menu
  • added Russian translation [MetalliC]
  • fixed Chinese/Japanese font size on Mac OS X
  • show All Games, Console folders only when necessary
  • added Play with Options - Command Line dialog
  • added View - Custom Filters menu
  • reorganized code
  • refresh xml cache when mame binary changes
  • updated Hungarian translation [Delirious]

the building process is the same as any Qt program, install Qt 4.5 Free and issue the following command
Code:
lrelease mamepgui.pro
qmake
make

MAME Plus Team
L
L
Nice updates. For me, this is the only frontend that works on OS X. I would love to see a full native OS X app, but that's asking a lot I know.

Anyway, thanks for the updates smile It's really slim pickens on Mac for anything Mame. Nice to have people working on it.

One thing that I can't figure out. Is there anyway to move the ini directory and mame.ini file away from the apps directory. I have moved all other folders and files to where I keep my SDL Mame, but can't seem to shake those two.

I see the option under the GUI tab for Mame paths, but whenever I edit the ini file entry, it does nothing (currently lists .;ini).

Thanks again,

Lok

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Lokheed
Nice updates. For me, this is the only frontend that works on OS X. I would love to see a full native OS X app, but that's asking a lot I know.

MacSDLMESS, MAMETunes and MMiX are all fully native Mac OS X front-ends that you can use to drive SDLMAME.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
AFAIK there's no appreciable look/feel difference with Qt anyway - they go to some effort to match native on OS X and Vista/Win7.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Right, RB... also, creating a _native_ Mac OS X application would mean to create a _pure_ Mac OS X application, which is not desirable IMHO. Qt makes it easy to build platform _independent_ apps (although you still need to take care of their peculiarities in some areas).

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
K
K
Thank you very much for the new version! Unfortunately the beam width for vector games could still not be set higher than 1.00

M
M
I, too, am very happy with the new version, and the new options contained therein, however, it seems that when I try to use the 'Play with Command Line' option, I am dumped out to the front end when starting a game, regardless of altering an option, or not.
(Kent - when this option is fixed, it can serve as a temporary workaround for the vector beam width problem.)

Mac OS X 10.5.8
G5 DP 1.8 GHz

The following statement is true...
The preceding statement is false.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
AFAIK there's no appreciable look/feel difference with Qt anyway - they go to some effort to match native on OS X and Vista/Win7.

BS - every Qt app feels clunky, and the UI elements don't look quite right - kind of like Java Swing apps on OSX.

E
Emuman Offline OP
OP Offline
E
Swing is not native, but Qt is. you can hardly tell the difference between Qt app and others on Windows and Linux, by performance or look and feel. yes, it still needs improvement on Mac OS X.

MAME Plus Team
I like this frontend, I have not seen anything better yet (for SDLMAME). Is there a way to sort by MAME version release #? (e.g. .26, .27, etc.)

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Golden Child, 1 invisible), 19 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,853
Posts116,508
Members4,927
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020