Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
Oz Offline OP
OP Offline
O
I know it's not the right place for this stuff but somes Guys on this great place own MODEL 3 PCBs (RB please or another)...(I have try my luck on SYSTEM16 frown )

Does my VF3 board is hill???
On bootup:
ROM Board: 2 power LEDs ON
MAIN Board: 2 power LEDs ON, 4 x 2 LEDs show (left to right and up to down, PCB with Rom UP and LED down): 1 ON, 2 OFF, 3 OFF, 4 ON, 5 ON, 6 OFF, 7 OFF, 8 OFF...

Does my MODEL 3 board is dead ??? (I have no med res monitor to see anything else frown so...)

Thank a lot from France.

And, in add quickly, if anybody have VR Twin parts (wheels, marquee...)

Jammaster @ www.pcb-world.fr.fm ...

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
You can hook up a standard-res monitor in a pinch - you'll get roughly 1 1/2 pictures across and it won't sync real well, but you can at least tell if the board is working (and on a large enough monitor the picture'll be good enough to read the test menus). I've done that with both VF3 and Star Wars Trilogy.

B
B
Quote:
Originally posted by Oz:
MAIN Board: 2 power LEDs ON, 4 x 2 LEDs show (left to right and up to down, PCB with Rom UP and LED down): 1 ON, 2 OFF, 3 OFF, 4 ON, 5 ON, 6 OFF, 7 OFF, 8 OFF...
The 8 LEDs on the main board should constantly be changing. I don't have a monitor for my VF3 PCB but I have successfully powered it up. Sometimes the LEDs don't flash which may be because the CPU board didn't power up properly (I recall hearing about timing issues), but fiddling with the power connectors and trying again usually does the trick.

----
Bart

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (pmackinlay, box, robcfg), 24 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,069
Posts118,918
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com