Page 46 of 120 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 119 120
A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By robbbert
Quote from Roman:

Quote:
Actually it's not related to the software list tags but to some other line limitations. Will be fixed in next version.
However if you try to load the xml file into cmpro (and not using a direct import from the mess binary) you need to define a new engine.cfg entry like

engine (
name MESS_DATFILE
gamelist mess
cachefile _messdat
replace machine game
)

...but even with that you currently run into some xml detection line limitation.....as mentioned...this will get fixed.

So by next version all should be good.

Roman released clrmamepro 3.133

- fixed: some line limit detection fixes on xml dat parser (MESS > .137 issue)

and some more

J
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
J
great

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
now we have to see if he wants to add support for the software lists, and possibly find a way to handle them easily (e.g. should cmpro run -lx and extract the <softlist> items? or should the user specify in advance the system? we need Roman's input probably...)

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
-update status on software lists-

as you may have noticed, as of current svn, MESS can launch software list items for some more systems. however, more supported lists means that we need some help to set properly the supported/unsupported flag. the current status is:

1. Systems with software list and verified emulation status (i.e. the supported field is correctly set in the xml)
Code:
* scv (I think judge took care of flags for this)
* ibmpcjr (I think judge took care of flags for this)
* gamepock (I think judge took care of flags for this)
* pasogo (all games work)
* advision (turtles is not working)
* gmaster (I tested all the games)
* vboy (no game is playable to my knowledge)

2. Systems with software list and unverified emulation status
Code:
* bbcbc
* pv1000
* supracan
* gamecom

3. Systems with software list and emulation status believed to be correct
Code:
* pokemini
* ngp / ngpc
* sg1000
* megaduck
* arcadia

for systems in 2., I'm going to test gamecom later today, but for bbcbc, pv1000 and supracan I don't have the required software. hence, you are welcome to report which games work and which do not, so that we can update the xml file accordingly

for systems in 3., I tested some of the images and they were working fine. Therefore, I left all games as supported. However, if you know of any game for those systems which is not working, please report it here and we will fix the xml accordingly.

thanks in advance for the help.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Do you mean the games work in any emulator, or MESS in particular?

BBCBC all the games work.

GAMECOM none work mostly because of cpu issues due to lack of documentation

POKEMINI all work, but the sound isn't emulated

PASOGO doesn't work at all, so how do we know the games work?

Last edited by robbbert; 04/28/10 08:45 AM.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
in MESS, of course. we are talking about adding
Code:
supported="no"
supported="partial"

to the MESS xmls, so it's the MESS status which matters

pasogo: I was able to start all 3 games in pasogo.xml and they worked to some extent (inputs were recognized in the menus, and I was able to start some go game). that's how I know that they work, even if I don't know exactly the go rules. wink

gamecom: I was able to play frogger yesterday... that's why I haven't added the unsupported flag to all the games as I had done with vboy

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Frogger and Centipede will "run", but only while keys are being pressed. They freeze while you don't do anything. That is one of the major problems. Another example is the inbuilt Solitare game, you will notice the timer only works when you do something.

I've tried all games under the debugger, and most of them do appear to want to run (I have some never-before seen snapshots). But, MESS-wise, none really work.

Thanks for the info about Pasogo. I've never seen anything apart from a black screen, so far. I'll give it a proper test.

VBOY: I do have some demos etc that seem to "work", but i'm not sure if the inputs responded, it's been a while since i looked at that system.

ADVISION: I'm missing one game, and the 4 i have do work.

Last edited by robbbert; 04/28/10 10:25 AM.
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
thanks for the info about gamecom. I will flag the games as unsupported for the time being.

about vboy, we don't have demos in the xml gamelist, so there is not much to flag as supported (inputs seem to be working to some extent: Virtual Boy Wario World recognize Start pressure, but then freezes)

F
F
I might look into adding softlist support to mame_regtest, that should help with the testing.

R
R
The Pasogo system should probably be classified as working. PeT listed it as not working when he wrote the driver, probably because he didn't test it very much, but I've never seen any problems with it. That said, I can't say with complete confidence since I know virtually nothing about Japanese and Go and as such have basically just randomly pressed buttons. smile

Page 46 of 120 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 119 120

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Augusto, Heihachi_73, Olivier Galibert), 23 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,241
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com