Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 47 of 120 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 119 120
A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By robbbert
Frogger and Centipede will "run", but only while keys are being pressed. They freeze while you don't do anything. That is one of the major problems. Another example is the inbuilt Solitare game, you will notice the timer only works when you do something.

I've tried all games under the debugger, and most of them do appear to want to run (I have some never-before seen snapshots). But, MESS-wise, none really work.

Thanks for the info about Pasogo. I've never seen anything apart from a black screen, so far. I'll give it a proper test.

VBOY: I do have some demos etc that seem to "work", but i'm not sure if the inputs responded, it's been a while since i looked at that system.

ADVISION: I'm missing one game, and the 4 i have do work.

Which game ?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By ranger_lennier
The Pasogo system should probably be classified as working. PeT listed it as not working when he wrote the driver, probably because he didn't test it very much, but I've never seen any problems with it. That said, I can't say with complete confidence since I know virtually nothing about Japanese and Go and as such have basically just randomly pressed buttons. smile

yes, pasogo could probably be re-flagged to some IMPERFECT emulation, rather than completely NOT_WORKING.

back to gamelists, I'm going to add soon preliminary[1] support for most of the remaining lists. then, we can start working on the missing features with a good number of available test cases...

and, who knows, we might succeed in attracting haze to work on some MESS systems (e.g. lynx or vboy...) wink

[1] preliminary means that probably sram won't work, and instead of having per-game init routines, I will re-use the current generic handling as much as possible. at a later stage, the loading code will have to be cleaned up a bit to better exploit softlist features

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I should make a correction in regard to the GameCom; the game "Lights Out" does work.

H
H
I have been out of pocket for a little while and am very excited to see this progressing...Sorry if this is a duplicate question..

Has anyone talked with Roman about what a software scan/fix/check might look like in clrmame based on the new listxml output?

I would love to just configure a top level software folder and have it check all the software/<systemname> folders against the software list, if present, and standard system name. With a couple of clicks I could validate all the roms (that I dumped) and software (that I own of course) against the MESS standard. That would be some power.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
check for progresses on clrmame supporting our lists at http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=300.0

philosophically, I think it would be better to handle separately the lists, but I'm awaiting for some feedback from Roman, then we can discuss about it smile

in the meanwhile, current svn have preliminary supports all softlists but svision (I think it requires rom mirroring), crvision (which requires some more work on the loading routines) and 32x (which requires *A LOT* of work on the loading routines)

also, I updated jaguar and gamecom lists to report as not working all the games.

soon-ish there will be gb, gbc, gba, snes and n64 lists added (some additional cleanup is needed), and some more images will be added to current lists, for dumps which have surfaced after list creation...

then, we can start thinking about sram and any other problems which might surface

the road is still quite long, but at least we are moving

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Originally Posted By etabeta78
check for progresses on clrmame supporting our lists at http://www.emulab.it/forum/index.php?topic=300.0

philosophically, I think it would be better to handle separately the lists, but I'm awaiting for some feedback from Roman, then we can discuss about it smile

Just handle them all, and let users uncheck ones they don't want, like they do for sets etc. at the moment. My concern is that if things get excluded by default people simply won't bother to use the lists to scan obscure systems at all which are the strongest area of MESS. Sure, scanning everything might sound overkill, but aside from CHDs it's not that insane of a prospect to full scan everything somebody might own, and the others can be disabled ;-)

Loading one list and unchecking a few boxes is far easier than having to load, setup paths for dat, scan, load, setup paths, scan, load setup paths, scan etc. for every single supported system. That's why some of the other rom managers around (not clrmame) basically have the option to load all lists at once anyway, because it's easier that way, especially if you're dealing with 30 systems where there are only a handful of small titles on each system; in such a case you're talking a matter of minutes to scan everything vs. a good hour or two to load, configure and scan each time. It's also much easier to get an overall idea of everything that's been changed / added in a new release if everything is scanned / included by default.

Guess which method has the most benefits?

MAME has a bunch of verified NeoGeo AES cart dumps in it, maybe we should borrow those for a software list.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
feel free to create such a list if you like, but mind that supporting it in MESS will require some time (adding the code to load those carts will require some efforts).

also, would you mind checking supracan and pv1000 lists to see if there are games which should be marked as supported="no"? I have just a few games for those systems, so the lists are basically untested.

Sure, just let me build and i'll test everything I have smile

(Edit: done, I noticed an A'can dump missing from the list so I added that too)

Last edited by incog; 04/29/10 06:43 PM.
Hi checked the casio pv-1000.

Almost Everything runs, but Pachinko-Ufo stops at title. Says push start and does nothing.

Checked mine against No-intro and scans ok.

Page 47 of 120 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 119 120

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Duke, Pernod, 1 invisible), 23 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,243
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com