Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
It's a little bit faster on my SP in the seconds-per-frame scenes (the greet to Gargaj) but I wouldn't say twice. Although at those rates twice doesn't make a lot of difference ;-)

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
It's a little bit faster on my SP in the seconds-per-frame scenes (the greet to Gargaj but I wouldn't say twice. Although at those rates twice doesn't make a lot of difference ;-)

Still, a real GBA is faster, which indicates we're somehow eating too many cycles. smile

G
OP Offline
G
Hey guys, if you set "overclock CPU maincpu" to 200% "Mario Kart Super Circuit" becomes playable. Did you already knew it?

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By guigongas
Hey guys, if you set "overclock CPU maincpu" to 200% "Mario Kart Super Circuit" becomes playable. Did you already knew it?

Yes, I did, and it's a hack to work around the issue that I've been discussing for the past page or so.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
One of the rooms in Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow has some kind of "mirrored" roz in the background, this background looks squeezed in half in current emu.

(yes, it's pretty advanced in the game, the level is the "girls only on this stage please" that I don't quite remember the name right now)

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Ahh, I know where that is. There's a similar effect in Harmony of Dissonance AFAIK (both of them are mimicking the sky in the Chapel area of Symphony of the Night).

Anyhow, all 3 of the CV games have an issue where their raster effects happen too high by exactly the number of scanlines in vblank. (You can see this when it tries to rowscroll the stage name, and in the intro of HoD). If I fire the VBL IRQ at Y=0 instead of 160 it fixes most of the rasters but breaks other things.

T
T
Hi, I'm mostly a lurker here and absolutely LOVE MESS, but I had a quick GBA question: has anyone gotten either Advance Wars 1 or 2 to load yet? When I boot either of them, I get the Game Boy logo followed by a white screen.

Curiously, the Advance Wars 1+2 cart from Japan boots and works fine, as do the Fire Emblem games (which seem to run on nearly the same engine).

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
New bug report:
Gunstar Super Heroes / Gunstar Future Heroes farts and dies after the licensed by Nintendo screen.

(and memo to self, I should try my owned games on MESS before even start to learn them for HARP recording ^^U)

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
since you revived this thread, let me add Super Mario Advance 2 & 3 which have EEPROM problems and cannot be started

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By TheTrout
Hi, I'm mostly a lurker here and absolutely LOVE MESS, but I had a quick GBA question: has anyone gotten either Advance Wars 1 or 2 to load yet? When I boot either of them, I get the Game Boy logo followed by a white screen.

I know nothing about GBA HW, but fwiw Advance Wars 1 & 2 reads from 0x0e00**** area ... obviously dunno what's mapped there, maybe it isn't even supposed to enter on this sub-routine ...

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 19 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,112
Posts119,414
Members5,024
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com