R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Wait, is that a fart attack? smile

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
it's a sort of superfast kick attack (something like Hokuto no Ken punches)...

a last addition before I leave for my weekend out: courtesy of FCEUMM and Cah4e3's researches, I added support for the 200-in-1 multicart containing Elfland, a nice Bubble Bobble clone

you have to enter the coloured pipes to change your own color and be able to kill the monster with the same color.

definitely funnier than the average pirate games smile

S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
Originally Posted By etabeta78
it's a sort of superfast kick attack (something like Hokuto no Ken punches)...

Chun Li!

R
R
Originally Posted By etabeta78
(respectively, Final Fantasy 7, Diablo, Harvest Moon and Chrono Trigger)

Those are some ambitious ports. Are they actually anything like the originals?

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
more or less as much as Bio Hazard and Darkseed (which can be already played in old MESS): similar plot (apparently) but I cannot read Chinese and already the first fights gave me an headache to go through the correspondent menu...

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
current svn includes also for iNES files (i.e. the images you usually find around in Nointro/GoodNES/NonGoodNES) all the fixes/additions mentioned in the past week. in particular, you can finally test Nanjing ambitious ports in MESS smile

as soon as I finish cleaning up the xml list, I will release it, enabling the separate PRG/CHR support.

Hi

I get Graphic corruption in Super 40-in-1 (Multicart WS-1001) [U][!].unf

eg: galaxian, bullets are non existant and garbage displayed on the edges.

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
thanks for the report. unfortunately, it's been like this since the addition of BMC-WS board emulation

however, NEStopia does not seem to have the issue, so I'm going to check this out pretty soon

EDIT: the mapper code seems ok. I suspect the problem might be somewhere in the core emulation, so it's something I will investigate later (in the meanwhile I added a note in the source about the problem)

Hi etabeta

I've run this: Super Mario Bros (Pirate).nes and most smb carts I've tried

There seem to be some input errors. normally happens when I lose a life. when you go left or right it is as if the controls sudenly gets stuck in that direction. meaning mario only stops if he meets something blocking his path.

also on some of the pirate carts the levels can randomly change, but this only hapens every now and then. sometimes mid level

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
about SMB: could you please run MESS with the -log option and post the error.log content? it would help to identify the image giving you issues

it did never happen here with the nointro SMB nor with the pirate version I tried yesterday (I should re-check exactly which one was)...

also please report the exact images with random reset/level change problems, because they usually mean that we are handling in the wrong way the prg bankswitch and I would like to either fix them (if I find the exact error) or at least document which ones are not working

in any case, thanks a lot for testing

Page 8 of 18 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (hal3000, AJR), 30 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,158
Posts119,916
Members5,034
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com