Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By Kale
I've thought it was the video code, guess it isn't at this point and I was just lucky ... oh well, might check it out in the next days ...

I'll be very happy if this could be fixed...
I'm waiting for a long time to play this in MESS (and nick of Arbee remember me every day that unfortunatelly this issues are there yet frown )

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
D
D
Originally Posted By R. Belmont
Too bad they replaced the dialogue with the DXC version. The SOTN "Die, Monster!" would've been more awesome smile

"Have at you!"

smile

D
D
Originally Posted By Kale
I've thought it was the video code, guess it isn't at this point and I was just lucky ... oh well, might check it out in the next days ...

Hi Kale,

First of all thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to improving MAME and MESS, that's much appreciated.

With regards to the PCE emulation, did you have the time/energy to look into the Dracula X issue? Hopefully it's not one of those "core emulation bugs"... smirk

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I see some recent work in PCE emulation...
Was Rondo of Blood issues fixed already?

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
not sure.

changes done today should have small or no impact to actual emulation (even if they will eventually allow for plugging/unplugging the cd add-on, which is now always attached to the unit)

however, recent improvements to the cd code by Arbee might have improved the situation, if the problem was in the cd code (did Kale ever find the time to investigate what the culprit was?)

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Rondo of Blood issues were in the video code; Kale was surprised that switching to the new more accurate VDP didn't actually fix it. No further action was taken. (As you can see about 5 posts before this in this very thread ;-)

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
well, I had read last Kale's post, but he said "he *thought* it was the video"
so I was wondering if any further investigation had happened.

if it is confirmed to be video-related, then the issue is still there for sure
thanks for explaining

S
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
S
Restored the PCE bugs wiki page at the request of Tafoid, but there was no content of that page archived, so it's probably a waste.
http://mess.org/sysinfo/pce/bugs
I do not plan to continue updating it. If no one sees a use for it, lemme know, I'll delete it.

(Off-topic) The same goes for the GBA bugs page.
http://mess.org/sysinfo/gba/bugs

R
R
For PCE in general :

1) In Final Match Tennis, when i switch 2 button joystick to 6 button joystick, it's like having DOWN stuck making the game unplayable. Perhaps the game doesn't support 6 button, but as it works under Magic Engine, i was wondering if it's a bug.

2) CD emulation works but at first i have a black screen, then i have to reset (Slot Device>Reset) and then the CD-ROM system is launched.

3) Why Double Dragon II CD is such a shitty game?

F
F
Originally Posted By remax
For PCE in general :

1) In Final Match Tennis, when i switch 2 button joystick to 6 button joystick, it's like having DOWN stuck making the game unplayable. Perhaps the game doesn't support 6 button, but as it works under Magic Engine, i was wondering if it's a bug.

Many games act like this (try R-Type Part 2, for example), it's a correct behaviour, Magic Engine is simply hacked (it's full of hacks, actually).

Originally Posted By remax
3) Why Double Dragon II CD is such a shitty game?

It's a brilliant game comparing to Golden Axe there smile

Page 14 of 16 1 2 12 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (box, Pernod, 2 invisible), 22 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,171
Posts120,123
Members5,039
Most Online1,283
Dec 21st, 2022
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com