Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6820 08/07/05 04:35 PM
Jagorochi Offline
lol

ct don't be rude with him !! wink

ok Lost¨∆
we think you'll need more practice if you wanna become a "GM class Player" some Days.

maybe i can find an old video on my HD...
however first you can see a demonstration in ARIKA web site :

http://www.arikaonline.com/download/movie/tgm.mpg

sure we're not as good as this japanese guy on the video... but colour thief, me and 2 other players (people on this forum) are "Gm"

c'mon you can become the 5th censed occidental Gm Player !!

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6821 08/07/05 04:53 PM
S
shadorium Offline
S
'lo lost!

nice work there man!
so amazing! i'm still shaking just from watching it!

there are a few things i wanted to add though..

you, my blessed child, need to get a sh*tload
of what's so called, "skill".

i'd give you a slice of my uber leet skill, but you know.. i don't want to.

like our grandmaster Jagorochi already said, you need to get some serious practise done there.

after 2 or 3 years you should get past lvl 300.
so, mate, i knnnowww you have the guts to do it!
i'm counting on you!

and please post more of these "damn i'm good" vids, so we can monitor your improvements.

fare well

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6822 08/08/05 08:36 AM
L
LOst¨∆ Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I am proud of being a S3 class player after two years of Tetris. I actually started playing Tetris for the first time with The Grand Master in 2001. And I haven't played at all during 2 years.

I have passed level 500 only one time, by "surviving".

I get to grade 1 before level 200. I can keep building up till 300, but I usually lose by trying to build here. I always die around 450 when I go with surviving. I die before 400 if I keep building because of input mistakes.

That 20g mode, I played almost a year ago. I have never been able to stay alive for that long more than once. And yet, that is called luck rather than skill, and it is painful to watch I agree.

One thing that I don't like is how that Japanese guy can pull down the tetramino block and move it into position before it lock. That's impossible in any emulator, because it always locks. Also I can't get the orange tetramino to "Temporary Land" like in the first demo, last action (Holding left, and press a button). It locks. So what I need is more than just skills. I want to become a Gm player too.

Oh, and the TGM2master.mpg is my favorite, when the guy plays invincible for 2 minutes to get GM rank. That's just so impossible.

When will Tetris The Absolute The Grand Master 2 get dumped anyways? I hoped to see a dump back in 2001, and now it is soon 2006. I don't like to actually play it in an emulator, but what choices do we have when Arika never develops the games to consoles.

Yes, I heard about TGM4, for Xbox 260, and I will try to buy the console only for that game. Can you believe it? Why should Tetris have to make it to such a platform when it could be developed for 8 bit consoles.

If I found a way to understand the formula of temporary landing system, I can program/port TGM to Nintendo DS. I know all the numbers for level speeds and tetramino layouts. 0 is emty, 1 is gray, 2 is red, 3 is green. 0x140000 is the speed of level 500, and 0x400 is the speed of level 0 (one second, or 60 fps). So if I know all that, I might go for it, but i have to know the formula of temporary landing system.

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6823 08/08/05 02:35 PM
C
colour thief Offline
C
That "impossible move" works like this:
There is a delay when you hold a direction before the piece will zoom in that direction. So for those "impossible" moves, the player is holding a direction and then pressing rotate after the zoom kicks in, but before the piece locks. After the piece is rotated, the game processes the zoom before the gravity, so it will move over before it falls.

If that didn't make much sense, I'm pretty sure the demo in TGM shows this move along with an animated joystick to show you how it's done.

:: When will Tetris The Absolute The Grand Master 2 get dumped anyways?

The same way most games get dumped: Someone has to buy the PCB and send it to Guru for dumping. This is exactly what Jagorochi and I have done (we bought both TGM2 and TGM2+), and in fact these PCBs are with Guru right now. Last I heard, however, he is busy moving and has a large backlog of games to dump, so it will still take a while. And after that there is a possibility that it might be tricky to add to MAME.

I'm not sure what kind of person you are, but the best thing you can do is patiently wait for things to happen. Begging and pestering MAMEdevs (volunteers!) to do your bidding will only yield negative results. Haze has apparently been receiving a lot of lame emails regarding TGM2, which is sad. The last thing we need is for you to join them.

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6824 08/08/05 03:20 PM
L
LOst¨∆ Offline OP
OP Offline
L
I won't join them. I just want the games to be dumped. Then I can wait forever for someone to emulate them. Thank you for buying the games btw.

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6825 08/08/05 03:45 PM
C
colour thief Offline
C
It was my pleasure. In fact, if you ever feel especially thankful you can donate to the MAME Dumping Project. There are surprisingly many games still in need of dumping. http://www.mameworld.net/donate.htm

It's probably the single best way an average person can help with arcade emulation. :pac:

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6826 08/18/05 10:08 AM
L
LOst¨∆ Offline OP
OP Offline
L
colour thief, does TGM2 have better controls than TGM? Are there any differences?

Why can the Japanese players in the official movies at Arika's site move the minos so fast? They will lock if you do that in Zinc or MAME. That's why I am asking about the controls.

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6827 08/19/05 01:00 PM
C
colour thief Offline
C
My guess is as good as yours... My TGM2 went straight to Guru from Japan so I've yet to play it.

That said, I'd be willing to bet that the "zoom" delay after holding a direction has been significantly shortened.

It's unclear what you're talking about... you might also mean the new use of Up. Pressing Up in TGM2 will cause the piece to drop instantly, without locking on contact. Think of Up as making the game 20G while it is being held down. If you want to drop a piece and lock it, you just tap Up and then Down.

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6828 08/19/05 07:26 PM
L
LOst¨∆ Offline OP
OP Offline
L
That's cool! Thank you for your explainations ct

Re: Our own TGM competition (20g mode) #6829 09/07/05 05:48 PM
K
KaPat Offline
K
First of all, sorry for the late post on this topic, but a month without a computer makes you crazy. I usally read these forums for help and such but never posted untill now, mainly since the only game i really like and play is TGM Seeing all the videos and all this commotion about TGM2 got me really excited about this game being added to MAME and emulaters...then I read the update after that and it broke my heart. Does anybody know how long the wait is going to be for someone like me before the bastards at arika let the game go? I've heard the reason they haven't yet was being the CPU was under the same kinda as TGM3.

Another question was about the game play. If anybody used joystick controls or just deal with thier keyboards? Cause i cam seem to get to s3 and s4 rather smoothly, but after seeing the above video for the first time (the GM one) i noticed he could move down and over at the same time, which i guess saves a vast amount of time, but i dunno, i'm still a noob to all this and i just learned the meaning of "dumped". So if anybody has time to set me striaght, that'll be awesome.

Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 34 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,810
Posts115,958
Members4,914
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020