Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 331 1 2 3 4 5 6 330 331
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
QMC2 uses "mess -help" to figure out the MESS version (it does basically the same in case of MAME), but it doesn't include the SVN revision. I'm not aware of any way to figure this out just from the MESS binary...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
A
Anna Wu Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By qmc2
QMC2 uses "mess -help" to figure out the MESS version (it does basically the same in case of MAME), but it doesn't include the SVN revision. I'm not aware of any way to figure this out just from the MESS binary...

Me too smile

Maybe this as info (MAME/MESS) can be a useful info between the developer and user (tester), especially for bug reports.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Actually, that's the main reason why I appreciate Micko's step to create u-releases now... it allows me to check the CLI compatibility on a regular basis, which is indicated by the "template version" (see "Help/About" => "System information"). Having to check against the SVN revisions as well would drive me crazy perhaps wink...

Last edited by qmc2; 04/25/11 03:21 PM.

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
A
Anna Wu Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By qmc2
Actually, that's the main reason why I appreciate Micko's step to create u-releases now... it allows me to check the CLI compatibility on a regular basis, which is indicated by the "template version" (see "Help/About" => "System information"). Having to check against the SVN revisions as well would drive me crazy perhaps wink...

Yes, itīs a big step forward.

F
F
I was trying to check out qmc2 to see how it worked with Mess. I downloaded qmc2 r2704 while trying to run it My first problem was I was missing .dll files I downloaded the missing files,
msvcp100, msvcr100. Now I get a message box says "The procedure entry point_invalid_parameter_noreturn could not be located in dynamic link library msvcr100" I tried downloading file again and from other places still same problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

ASH Offline
I am now trying out QMC2 for the first time.

so get ready for some moans smile

first off, when installed it places MAME not MESS in you Start Menu
this is what I clicked on expecting it to run both MESS and MAME only after about 10 mins of getting nowhere I searched for qmc2 and the MESS exe popped up but some might just give up.

so that's my first niggle ...goes off to try it out smile

ASH Offline
second problem

where is the software lists or picker lists?

F
F
Disregard my previous post found the answer in the install text guess I should have read that before posting.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
@fzuern: exactly, you just need to run vcredist_x86.exe that comes with QMC2 -- glad you found it!

@ASH: yeah, they are two separated programs, both get installed, but you have to choose which one you want smile. I can't say why the MESS variant didn't show up earlier, but the installer does work fine for me (and others, I suppose).

The software-list support is currently disabled (as mentioned earlier) due to the fact that current MAME and MESS both don't support "-listsoftware", the CLI command I currently use to scan and cache the software lists.

ATM it's unclear if the way to go will be to use -listsoftware or to scan the hash directory directly... but as I would like to stay with official CLI commands / options, I'd rather wait for a final answer (still pending).

Last edited by qmc2; 04/25/11 05:48 PM.

A
Anna Wu Offline OP
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
A
ASH, with the current QMC2 version you can load the software by hand like the device view function of MESSUI.

Page 4 of 331 1 2 3 4 5 6 330 331

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Praxis, Fake Shemp, ted, Dam0, AJR, crazyc), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,891
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com