Next I'm trying to find a good way to implement multi-device setups from mixed sw-list entries.
Guess I found a solution to this:
1) make each sw-list entry the root item of a tree (the lists are already shown in QTreeWidget's, so that's possible without too many changes)
2) when the user expands the tree, QMC2 will show the 'parts' in more detail, allowing the user to explicitly 'select' a part and optionally change its 'mount-device'
3) this can be done for multiple sw-list entries / parts at a time
4) 'lauchning' then means to use the specified setup instead of any automatic device-mapping
5) consider adding a way to save those setups (low priority)
Just needs to be done