Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? #78822 05/06/12 05:58 PM
M
Monotremata Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I just grabbed all the latest patches to bring me up to u7 (last build I did was u4 and I remember this problem started before that as well). Did a 'make clean' and then started patching. Each diff gave me TONS of errors saying 'HUNK FAILED', I got quite a few 'reverse patch detected' (something like that) messages, and in a couple spots on u6 and u7, it seemed to have misplaced something and I was asked a couple times to locate the file to be patched (which I skipped).

Does this happen to anyone else or do I have something screwy going on over here?? So far it seems to be building ok (the last couple did as well even though I also got mass HUNK FAILED errors), but I just wanna make sure my MAME is ok and isn't missing anything it should have..

10.7.3/Mac Pro by the way..

Re: Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? [Re: Monotremata] #78823 05/06/12 06:39 PM
R
R. Belmont Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
If you got mass hunk failed errors, you should start over from base 0.145, fix the line endings, and patch up one at a time to latest. Even if the results of "mass fails" builds, it's not MAME that we shipped and it won't run right.

Re: Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? [Re: Monotremata] #78824 05/06/12 07:18 PM
Carbon Offline
Once in a while this is happening to me, and the easiest way to get going again is really starting over.

BTW, I'm still using your endings utility, RB, although I vaguely recall someone mentioning it isn't needed anymore.

Patches fail if I do not use it, even with the -E parameter.

Re: Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? [Re: Monotremata] #78825 05/06/12 07:52 PM
M
Monotremata Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the tips Mr B! Will do that right now hehe.

So we do in fact still use the .endings script on them before patching??
I don't know why but I thought somewhere I had read that you didn't need to do this anymore (or on Intel Macs or something like that I can't remember)..
Maybe thats my problem. I did see a lot of stripping carriage return messages..

EDIT - Ok well that did it alright! Deleted the whole mame folder, started with a freshly unzipped 0145 source, copied the diffs to the new directory, ran endings, voila no more patching errors. Thanks guys!

Last edited by Monotremata; 05/06/12 07:57 PM.
Re: Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? [Re: Monotremata] #78826 05/06/12 08:06 PM
Carbon Offline
Monotremata, did you even read my post? smile

Re: Tons of patching errors on Mac OS X Lion??? [Re: Monotremata] #78828 05/06/12 09:01 PM
M
Monotremata Offline OP
OP Offline
M
But of course! Just like you I could've sworn I read somewhere that we didn't need the utility anymore but it looks like we still do! Good thing its still up at RB's site cause I think I wiped my old dev/mame folder when I got my Mac Pro and didn't have it anymore!

Patching went well and all but looks like us older 32 bit Mac Pro's still have to use the PTR64=1 flag when compiling. Mine went all the way to the 'linking mame' step, and then I got those same 7z errors I saw mentioned on page 43 of the 'How to build' thread.. At least the FLAC errors aren't there anymore! wink

(Was about to post my big old command line output and ask about it until I went 'oh wait lets go check some threads first' hehehe)..

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pernod), 179 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,722
Posts114,633
Members4,873
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019