Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
Re: Public beta (sorta) #8072 03/18/06 02:05 AM
K
kamikaz3 Offline
K
Quote:
Originally posted by Heihachi_73:
Just do the one thing I did in the arcade - duck, 4, duck, 4 all the way through! That was the only way I got Nina, Kunimitsu, Jun etc into the time records!

For the Jacks/Kuma, use the Sit, 1,2,1,2 as the CPU never blocks it.

For Law, 110-damage combo (vs. CPU only) - 3,3,4 (Triple Kick, Flipkick), WS+4,3 (Rising Kick, Flipkick), d,d/f,d,d/f+3 (Slide Kick). On the PlayStation you have to do a punch (which the CPU blocks), otherwise the CPU ducks under the kicks or blocks it.
Their are more moves you can do to defeat the opponent, not with those move.

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8073 03/18/06 04:11 PM
H
Heihachi_73 Online Content
Online Content
H
They're basic crappy moves, but they're fast and the CPU falls for this 90% of the time wink

I agree 100% that a 32MB graphics card sucks for that type of usage, it looks bad enough playing Vice City with half-loaded graphics, but there could be another way besides using graphics enhancing plugins. I never use higher than 640x480 in ZiNc, and it's by far enough for any PSX-based system. If I could use 512x480 I would have used that but I haven't seen custom resolutions for SiS chipsets and Windows XP smile

I wouldn't have said a word, but it was just the fact that it was no faster on that part than on my old 1.2 with a 4MB 24-bit (16-bit in ZiNc) 1024x768@60hz Intel 810 chipset! There's no other game which slows down in ZiNc, apart from System 12 games which sit between 45 and 50fps (Tekken 3), which isn't much less than the console (PAL) version I play on the PlayStation anyway.

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8074 03/18/06 04:39 PM
S
smf Offline
S
Quote:
Originally posted by Heihachi_73:
There's no other game which slows down in ZiNc, apart from System 12 games which sit between 45 and 50fps (Tekken 3), which isn't much less than the console (PAL) version I play on the PlayStation anyway.
I think the game complete in one of the sfex games uses a similar technique. I'm sure there was an option you could set on one of the renderers that helped, or you could use the software peops renderer. Maybe someone could bring kaz's gpu back from the grave one day, I still want to see the source for that thing.

smf

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8075 03/18/06 06:20 PM
H
Online Content
H
It's not in the PEOpS plugin (1.17). I use Pete's D3D plugin 1.75 for ePSXe, but only for Tekken 1 and 2. For any other game i use E}I{'s stuff as it's faster and saves better screenshots.

The Tekken 2 speed fix (for crappy gfx cards):

Framebuffer textures: Black - Fast but no special effects

As of now I can't test any more games as my arcade stick has broken and it's stuck on right. When you hit right it doesn't click anymore as the metal switch has cracked through. Can't be bothered setting up a keyboard again! No sane person would use one for anything more than Galaga wink

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8076 03/18/06 09:31 PM
AbbasJin Offline
Heihachi just connect a dual-shock to your pc, my friend borrowed my Tekken stick and never returned, that jerk practices tekken5 on it now. I use that dual shock on my pc, real great for Tekken, though i normally practice tekken3 only. No broken switches smile or diagonal problems.

The Last Member Of Kazama Blood Line
Re: Public beta (sorta) #8077 03/19/06 01:04 AM
H
Online Content
H
I might get the stick serviced if it's possible to fix for less than the stick itself! I paid $50 (Australian) for it and it's lasted for 8 years so I can't complain. The R1 button is also dead (the rubber part used to be under the Square button, you couldn't hit 1 in Tekken so I swapped it).

Just wondering, what was your first experience with Jinpachi as CPU? The first time I played Tekken 5 I sped through the game like it was Tekken 3, then sat there and let Jinpachi get me with the laser or whatever and ended up dead on both rounds.

The DualShock2 controller I used to have in the adaptor and it was great, until I lent it out along with Tekken Tag and the other DS2 controller. I'm hoping the game comes back with some decent time records, survivals or even some Tekken Bowl 300's (not Paul!). My highest was 181 wins with GunJack/King but I erased the memory card as I couldn't get any more records in!

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8078 03/19/06 02:20 AM
AbbasJin Offline
Jinpachi is the best boss in the series IMHO, The first i played tekken5, I kept playing fluently and smoothly like tekken4, In the first round against Jinpachi he did defeat me with surprise, I really liked the aggressive way he was playing and throwing his powerballs at me smile . Really reminded me of KOF's boss Rugal, even though i don't like KOF, but he is what i think beat-em-ups bosses to be. Jinpachi is the same fast, aggressive, damaging and a bit fearful like him now. And yeah it took me more than 2 continues to beat him the first time.
I don't remember most of my records caz unfortunately, i had my PS2 for less than 3 months, so I didn't get to play much tekken on it. Nowadays I play 'Tag' a few times a week, busy with studies and stuff so very little time for tekken. Just working on improving my juggling abilities and stuff.
I've had the official Tekken Tag stick for a month or so, was real cool and accurate. Right now its RP button has started getting registering problems, but since i play on the dualshock most of the times so now worries for me, the stick is my friend's btw.
Did you try download any saves with tough records from Gamefaqs etc and uploading them to your memcard?, I guess most of the saves are posted their just by hard core gamers and not hard core tekken fans, caz i downloaded and installed a few tekken 4 saves a few months back and the highest time record was like 3:30 Mins smile

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8079 03/19/06 04:19 PM
Lost1 Offline
Hi sorry to go back to s11player.dll but I didnt want to start a new post for what I hope is a simple answer I use Aldos front end and the games are now running way to fast

In video options (of Aldos F/End) I have the frame limiter checked and changed the frame rate at 60 fps it was default at 100 fps this slowed it down a touch but Not what it claimed at 60 fps its still running to fast.

In the Zinc renderer configuration file I have this
ShowFPS = 1
FrameLimitation = 1
FrameSkipping = 0

Im not sure what to edit or what syntax to add to the cfg files if it is possable to do it that way manualy?
or what other options I can use to slow the games down

I never thought I would see the day when I had Zinc running to fast smile

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8080 03/19/06 05:34 PM
H
Online Content
H
I don't have any tools of that sort. The only thing that is console to computer I own is the Boom PSX/N64 controller adaptor.

I took my first one back without opening it up and got it replaced. The second one had the same problem. The Nintendo 64 part works well but the PSX plug was badly wired up on both adaptors. As soon as the bottom part was taken off 3 of the 7 wires bounced up showing me the problem straight away. I had to laugh when NGEmu had an advertisement for the exact same thing in 2004!

3 minutes, yuck! I'm not happy unless I get under 3, not too sure about Tekken 4 as it seems to do less damage for the same moves which have been there since Tekken 1 (Mishimas). Haven't got Tekken 5 at all - not paying $60 for it! I don't trust second hand when it comes to CD/DVD media - they're usually always scratched making you fork out another $10-15 to get them resurfaced. That makes the price $39 (second hand) + 15 = no different to brand new, then the book or cover might be missing and that.

I remember my old TA record in Tekken 3 - 1:44 with Yoshimitsu.

Re: Public beta (sorta) #8081 03/19/06 06:46 PM
AbbasJin Offline
my PSX-to-USB joypad converter is a chinese brand and its packing had a floppy with drivers for dualshock's vibration. The floppy was not working smirk 'remember its chinese' smile . Well luckily windows xp detected the converter anyway and whats so cool is that it supports two controllers, and has been working for me for the last two years now (i bought it for 500 Rupees equal to ~12 US$)
I don't play Tekken5 that much regulary as I told you in the previous step I don't own a PS2 anymore smirk. My time record in T3 is 1:53 with Jin :p

Lost just turn the frame limiter ON and set the value to 90, thats what i've done and i am getting Tekken3 running at viewable full speed (not the written 60 FPS tag smile which stays there the same all the time but th game runs at 45 FPS), just don't forget to turn interlace off in your game's settings.

Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  R. Belmont 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Carbon), 278 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,734
Posts114,829
Members4,879
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020