Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 97 of 269 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 268 269
Originally Posted By crazyc
Quote:
Innovation Sound Standard SSI-2001

Feature - 6581 SID Sound

That's interesting. I need to find a copy of Ultima VI and try to make it work.

There's an unofficial patch for DosBox to support this. See here

Ultima VI sounds really cool with that, I didn't know there were so many games supporting it.

Ultima VI can be bought on gog.com for 6 bucks. If anyone is interested, I have the japanese Ultima Collection CD (which I *think* cannot be bought anymore, thus if there's interest I could provide images for it)

J
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
J
Originally Posted By Stiletto

I could swear I saw explicit support for some of those cards in one or more of the DOS games I played as a kid that aren't listed on that page. maybe Descent or Hocus Pocus.

R
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
I'm sure there are more games supporting some of this stuff than was on that list. The vogons thread indicates at least one game that listed support on the box doesn't, too smile

M
M
Originally Posted By Robbbert
I notice Regent's Park has a wrong character.

Pretty easy to work out why - city was created on a Mac, and the person used a typographical apostrophe, which is at codepoint 0xD5 in MacRoman. When the city is opened on Windows, the signs are interpreted with CP1252 which has O-tilde at codepoint 0xD5. (IIRC cities were directly transferable between Mac and Windows, but scenarios weren't, because on the Mac they had the scenario data, including target funds/population, disaster, etc, in the resource fork. They even had a ResEdit template for editing it, so you could turn your own cities into scenarios, and edit the goals for the existing ones.)

M
M
Street Fighter II: Normally all I get is a black screen, but with recent additions it works now with sound.

Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
SF2? Is that the crappy US Gold port, or something worth playing?

M
M
It's the US Gold version. I didn't actually play the game either, screenshots were taken from the attract mode. The gameplay honestly didn't look fun enough to warrant playing the game, I'd stick with MAME or the SNES version smile

M
M
r17895

Got the ATI Graphics Ultra to pass the Mach8 test on boot, so there's now one less error message shown, just one more to sort out...

- Barry Rodewald
D
D
I've installed the DOS driver (found on the Creative website) for the Sound Blaster 16 and selected it as an ISA slot (-isa2 sblaster_16).

My autoexec.bat and config .sys appear to be set correctly by the official install.exe

I have also set the sound settings correctly using SETUP.EXE for Doom 2.

When entering the game the music sounds great but the sampled sounds are grainy and played back and the wrong speed (too fast).

Is this normal given the current status of the driver or have I done something wrong when setting up the Sound Blaster?

The driver is running at a constant 100% with 0 frame skips.

I'm using the latest SVN build [r17895] on Windows 7 64-bit.

M
M
Doom 1 works for me simply with BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T6. Sound is a bit clicky (could be caused by speed issues, I can only muster about 85% running Doom). But various other games seem to exhibit some sort of crackling, so that at least, I'd figure is expected at this time. Not had anything play too fast though, so not sure about that.

- Barry Rodewald
Page 97 of 269 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 268 269

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Revenant), 30 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,100
Posts119,234
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com