Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 116 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Well, yes, as long as a software-list entry is selected and the software-list detail is the active one, QMC2 will stubbornly launch the emulator with the selected software's parts mounted -- unless you change the mount options (see below), switch to a different detail or change the machine itself (which will clear the software selection). There's no need for a new device setup, though.

If you want to avoid a software's parts being mounted, you can expand the software entry (click the arrow or + symbol in front of the selected entry to expand the tree), then select "don't mount" on one of the parts (all should switch to "don't mount" at once when there are multiple parts).

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
René, I had the same problem and tried here...
For me, "don't mount" don't working in windows...
(tried to launch a software in Master System and after that choose "don't mount" again, but the same software was launched)...

Ps.: I want to suggest a option (as launch/launch embedded) called "launch without software". It's simple launch emulator without the commands for the software, I think that would be a good and simple solution and maybe not too hard to implement...
Thank you! smile

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
I tested that on Windows when we discussed it and it worked like a charm... I tried it again this morning on Linux, and it still works nicely smile. Dunno what you did, but surely not "the right thing" (TM).

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Also, I've just added a "clear selection" menu item to the software-list's context-menu (SVN r4684), which results in what you desire.

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By qmc2
Also, I've just added a "clear selection" menu item to the software-list's context-menu (SVN r4684), which results in what you desire.

Thank you, René smile

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
ASH Offline
A couple of suggestions....

1.could qmc2 remember the window size's for each tab
I.E.
with the 'notes' tab I like the whole right side to be visible
but with the 'software list' I like half 'list' and half 'Project Mess'

so when each tab is selected the windows adjust's automatically to how I set them up.

2.Don't know if this has been mentioned but a tab for a PDF,TXT reader called 'Manuals'
This would be a bit like the 'software list' except when you double click on an item (in the list) it would open a PDF,txt or picture viewer window (depending on the extension) (good way of storing docs)

EDIT:you would then have a folder called 'Docs' or whatever...point qmc2 to this folder and it would search for a subfolder with the machine rom name (like n64,psj,32x) and this would contain all your docs,extra pics,books for that system

Last edited by ASH; 01/19/13 10:08 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By ASH
A couple of suggestions....

1.could qmc2 remember the window size's for each tab
I.E.
with the 'notes' tab I like the whole right side to be visible
but with the 'software list' I like half 'list' and half 'Project Mess'

so when each tab is selected the windows adjust's automatically to how I set them up.

I'm not sure I get it... actually all the widgets are organized in tabs, and nearly every aspect is restored... or are you talking about notes templates?

Originally Posted By ASH
2.Don't know if this has been mentioned but a tab for a PDF,TXT reader called 'Manuals'
This would be a bit like the 'software list' except when you double click on an item (in the list) it would open a PDF,txt or picture viewer window (depending on the extension) (good way of storing docs)

It's on the TODO list and regarding the PDF reader, there's already a JavaScript PDF renderer in the source, just not yet hooked up to some sort of "file-picker".

ASH Offline
Originally Posted By qmc2

I'm not sure I get it... actually all the widgets are organized in tabs, and nearly every aspect is restored... or are you talking about notes templates?

like this

Quote:
It's on the TODO list and regarding the PDF reader, there's already a JavaScript PDF renderer in the source, just not yet hooked up to some sort of "file-picker".

Ah great, ignore that then blush

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
So when I understand you correctly, you would like the software-notes template from Shideravan to also display the corresponding ProjectMESS page?! Well, the notes editor/viewer is no fully fledged browser, but it could perhaps be done as the internal browser now allows asynchronous loading of URLs (and not just "static" HTML). No guarantees.

However, that's actually what the ProjectMESS tab is for smile.

R
R
No he just want a stored setting for windows size per tab.

So that you don't always have to move the middle bar according to the tab you are

Last edited by remax; 01/19/13 10:34 AM.
Page 11 of 116 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Augusto, robcfg), 23 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,099
Posts119,227
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com