Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 116 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Yeah, seems I don't understand wink... because there's only one vertical bar that's controlled by QMC2 (or Qt), and that "splitter" has nothing to do with the template's internal positioning / sizing of its own widgets. There's no such splitter on the right side...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
R
R
Okay, i'm going to my other PC to make clear screenshot of it

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By ASH
now if I am on a 'notes' tab I move the centre bar all the way down to the bottom of the screen so I can see a large section

and when I go to the software list I have to move the centre bar up so I can see the 'Project Mess' or 'Software notes'

could you get qmc2 to remember the centre bar position for each tab?

Ah, that's a completely different story... well, the "software-detail widget" reuses the space that's otherwise used by the logs etc. If the space is not sufficient, you can "undock" the widget so it's an independent window and freely resizable!

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
It's already a complex thing to switch between both "views", taking into account if the widget is docked or not etc... but it should be possible to also save/restore the splitter's relative sizes in both situations (when the widget is docked).

R
R
This one :

With this cursor, you can move this splitter. He wants that it is stored by tab.

ASH Offline
Quote:
the "software-detail widget" reuses the space that's otherwise used by the logs etc. If the space is not sufficient, you can "undock" the widget so it's an independent window and freely resizable!

yes and this is the problem. if I have moved the centre bar all the way down there is nothing to undock

so the suggestion was could qmc2 remember the 'notes','software list' widget size independently of each tab

and have this as an option (on/off)

ASH Offline
Originally Posted By qmc2
It's already a complex thing to switch between both "views", taking into account if the widget is docked or not etc... but it should be possible to also save/restore the splitter's relative sizes in both situations (when the widget is docked).

Yes...Yes phew smile

we got there thanks

p.s. we are all cross posting so I will stop.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Yeah, I meanwhile understand, partially smile!

Undock the widget once and it will stay undocked, regardless of the splitter's position. I can also change the splitter's position based on if the software-detail widget is shown or hidden, but it's simply not feasible to save/restore it based on which tab is currently active (*).

(*) EDIT: that's not because it's impossible but because of the main widget's complexity.

Last edited by qmc2; 01/19/13 11:10 AM.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Also, just in case you haven't noticed this yet, you can also change both splitter's orientations and swap the widgets/sub-layouts they "split"! See wiki.

I'm just telling you this because things might look different/unexpected when the orientation is flipped and the position is restored in the way you want it!

ASH Offline
Quote:
Yeah, I meanwhile understand, partially ! smile

well when I use qmc2 I have it set to the 'Notes' tab and I browse the systems with the Machine list

now I have no need to see the 'emulator log','front end log' when doing this so I move the widgets separator all the way down so I can see as much as the 'notes' as possible

pic1

So I find a system I wish to try and go to the 'software list' tab to see if there is any games

now when I highlight a game , I know it shows up in the 'software notes' tab but this has been hidden by me so I now have to move the separator up to see this widget.

I do this all the time so was wondering if the widget windows could remember there sizes when moving between them.

undocking is not something I do.

is it just me that does this?

Page 13 of 116 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Dullaron, 1 invisible), 29 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,275
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com