Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
L
Nope, they run through -cart or any frontend just as fine.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By LoganB
Nope, they run through -cart or any frontend just as fine.

"through -cart" means nothing, since you can also launch softlist shortnames with -cart smile
(it is actually slightly safer than not using it, for systems with multiple lists, even this is not the case for gameboy wink )

Originally Posted By ssj
I suppose they must be run through the software list only due to the custom mapper right?

Nope. We have an ID routine to catch them both from fullpath and softlist, so you can decide to load them the way you prefer smile

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Well, that's one less thing I need to look at then :-)

I guess they must have worked ages ago anyway, just nobody noticed?

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
probably they worked when the detection routine got added, then the memory banks changed and only other mappers were updated properly, while this lost two of the banks...

S
ssj Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By etabeta78

Nope. We have an ID routine to catch them both from fullpath and softlist, so you can decide to load them the way you prefer smile

Perfect, can't get any better than this, thanks!

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
and just to clarify: the naming scheme we use with softlists is to simplify the mnemonics when using command line, not because we are masochists or 8.3-fanatics

if you want to see what games you have, or browse through them, you would want to use a frontend like in MAME wink
while a bit more complicate that running through a folder, it has the advantage to display also snaps of the games and additional info that you would miss otherwise

but of course, fullpath loading is not going to be dropped and we try to make it as supported as the softlists (when possible), so to each his own smile

S
ssj Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I already use a frontend which is HyperSpin, thus why I need fullpath CLI support, and it's associated game lists which are all No-Intro style. That naming has a huge advantage that allows me to easily filter by region for example.
I'm not that convinced about the 8.3 masochists thing though laugh
But hey, long live DOS!
I know that fullpath loading will still be supported and I'm happy for that, the only system that I ran into that fullpath CLI won't work for all cases is Epoch Super Cassette Vision where some games will only work if launched through the softlist.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
6 members (Bletch, R. Belmont, Reznor007, AJR, SoltanGris42, 1 invisible), 24 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,974
Posts117,891
Members5,001
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com