Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted By Robert Gault
Well as this thread started as MC6847 (CoCo), smile I just ran a side-by-side test of MESS SVN Coco3 vs a real Coco3. Monitor on PC is SyncMaster 204B and on Coco3 a Magnavox Professional RGB 8CM873. MESS is set for a raster effect so the screens look the same as the Magnavox.

Expecting identical colors from these two monitors may be asking too much, but the CLS CoCo colors are pretty darn close with proper adjustment of the Magnavox monitor brightness and contrast.
The most noticeable difference is CLS4 "red" which is quite red on MESS but has some orange content on the Coco3. CLS2 "yellow" seems to have a slight greenish tint on the Coco3 compared to MESS.
The other colors are essentially identical. The MESS colors seem very slightly more saturated but that is probably monitor differences.

I agree with this assessment...

Is it true that MESS is right and PC-6001VW is wrong?

PC-6001 uses M5C6847-1, not use MC6847.
Of course it is compatible with MC6847, but Not same.

I think MESS's font for PC-6001 is Wrong.
Also did you check this on real machine?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hydreigon, r09, box, 2 invisible), 16 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,085
Posts119,081
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com