Print Thread
Page 20 of 116 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By Shideravan
Did it affects the templates too?

Yes and no - the system- and software-notes templates are loaded inside a QWebView (browser), so the page's colors are usually specified in the HTML... but if nothing is given there, the colors from a custom palette would be used, of course. However, buttons, combo-boxes, check-boxes etc. will always use the palette settings unless a (CSS) style-sheet has been set on them.

Last edited by qmc2; 03/09/13 12:42 PM.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Also, note the check-able tool button in the bottom/right corner... it allows you to preview the coloring (live) while you're editing the palette, w/o applying it (when it's activated). When deactivated, the current style's default palette will be shown while the dialog is in use.

Last edited by qmc2; 03/09/13 12:53 PM.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By qmc2
Also, note the check-able tool button in the bottom/right corner... it allows you to preview the coloring (live) while you're editing the palette, w/o applying it (when it's activated). When deactivated, the current style's default palette will be shown while the dialog is in use.

I've changed this in SVN r4766 to show the currently active palette (instead of the style's default palette) when the preview-mode is disabled, and the current custom palette when it's enabled (as before). The old behavior was a bit confusing (and the code was slightly buggy, too wink ).

A
A
just wanted to say big THANK YOU for qmc2-win32-x64-0.39-SVN-r4772!!

now i could finally change background color via new Edit Color Palette option.

awesome!!

MAME favorites
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
I'm glad you like it smile. There's actually more being worked on that will allow you to alternatively specify a "brush" (a pattern, an image or a color-gradient) instead of just a color.

I
I
Here's a couple of suggestions for the UME side of QMC2.

The first one would be something like this:

This would allow for filtering the MESS games the same way the MAME games can be filtered, further merging both sides of UME.

Also, since the available home systems are mixed with different arcade games of all kinds, perhaps things could get a bit more organized by allowing to have both arcades and home systems classified by source file?

This way, for example, the Neo-Geo arcade games could be grouped just like the Genesis games in the screenshot above, and the same would happen with other arcade games of the same kind (games running on Pac-Man hardware, System 32 arcades, etc).

Also, Mega Drive and Genesis, Famicom and NES, etc, would be grouped under the same "folder", as well, which would be somewhat handy.

And that's it. Not sure if you'll find these as useful as I do. =|

LCD artwork scans and cleanups: https://mega.nz/#F!uFYSzK7S!U-lJon9jsqyoCX_3y7_KLA
A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
If that will be realized, I hope as optional function to enable/disable it.
I donīt like more slowdowns by loading datas after the start.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Due to design decisions that were made 6-7 years ago from now, I will never implement it this way smile (as shown in your collage). Also, it's not handy to use and gets slower as more systems are supported, even if that would be added on demand. And last but not least it couldn't be implemented for all 4 "views", so it's actually not feasible.

With "classified by source file" you probably just mean to add a driver column to the game/machine lists that you can use to sort (or "filter" in the future). That's already planned. Adding another "view" that classifies the sets by the driver source is a major task, though.

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
Originally Posted By ICEknight
Here's a couple of suggestions for the UME side of QMC2.

The first one would be something like this:

This would allow for filtering the MESS games the same way the MAME games can be filtered, further merging both sides of UME.

Also, since the available home systems are mixed with different arcade games of all kinds, perhaps things could get a bit more organized by allowing to have both arcades and home systems classified by source file?

This way, for example, the Neo-Geo arcade games could be grouped just like the Genesis games in the screenshot above, and the same would happen with other arcade games of the same kind (games running on Pac-Man hardware, System 32 arcades, etc).

Also, Mega Drive and Genesis, Famicom and NES, etc, would be grouped under the same "folder", as well, which would be somewhat handy.

And that's it. Not sure if you'll find these as useful as I do. =|

ICEKnight: You can use Shideravan software templates, that already have support for showing all of that information smile

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
@Shideravan: no, it does not (show software-list details in that way), and the first part of ICEKnight's collage is actually from QMC2 and included there since ages smile.

Page 20 of 116 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dam0, Vas Crabb, 1 invisible), 21 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,102
Posts119,263
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com