Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 116 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 115 116
Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: qmc2] #87510 04/06/13 02:59 PM
ASH Offline
yes that is correct behavior

now once you have a selected snapshot , if you then move the mouse pointer up/down it DOESN'T show any more snapshots from other games unless you leave the widget window.

Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87511 04/06/13 03:14 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Ah, you have "SW snaps on mouse hover" turned on... well, I still don't see your problem, because when you click an item it's entering a "different mode" than when you're just hovering the list with the mouse pointer... as soon as it leaves the viewer-widget it enters "hovering mode" again. I wouldn't like to change that a) because I remember it was hard to make it work cleanly in both modes wink and b) because it's consistent with the way it works when "SW snaps on mouse hover" is turned off.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87512 04/06/13 03:22 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Also, when entering a different item would change the snapshot, it would be nearly impossible to reach the viewer's context-menu (only when the mouse position stays on the item!), so that's not really practicable.

We're searching for QMC2 translators and support for existing translations. Interested? See here!
Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: qmc2] #87513 04/06/13 03:33 PM
ASH Offline
ahh ok no problem smile

Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87514 04/06/13 03:39 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Yeah... another reason is that is has to work together with keyboard input... so selecting an item always has precedence over hovering an item.

Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87535 04/07/13 07:48 PM
K
Keil Offline
K
Hello! I love the qmc2. It allows me to manage my roms, as well as providing a front end. Best of all, it is for multiple operating systems!

As a novice to this app, as well as mame in general, I may be able to provide a different perspective for suggestions to this awesome app.

qmc2-sdlmame
  • Appling stylesheets to the app seems useless to me. Just focus on a simple, native looking design.
  • Icon bar duplicate functions within the apps menu bar. DRY - Don't Repeat Yourself! You could easily do without the icon bar.
  • Top-right quadrant has too many tabs. Text when fullscreen on my 27" iMac still get cut off. Text and icons are not necessary. This area needs to be thought out and redesigned. It isn't working well.
  • MP3 player is pointless. A similar function could possibly be added to the qmc2-arcade.
  • Logs could be displayed in a seperate window upon request. There is no need to have so much information displayed in one window all the time. Keep it simple.
  • Create option to exclude bios from game list.
  • Demo mode should be an option within qmc2-arcade, with zero pause, activated on preset time of inactivity, and cancelled on keystroke. It should function similar to a screen saver.

qmc2-arcade
  • Keep the theme as simple as possible. A background image and floating bubbles is unnecessary. Simply a black background will do.
  • When there is only a few games, moving down the list removes previous games off the screen.
  • Clicking or selecting a game launches it. A player one icon that duplicates this function is unnecessary. Don't Repeat Yourself!
  • I can't see how the search feature would work with an iPac. I would look into designing your app with the simplicity seen with the apple tv. It's GUI is clean and intuitive with its limited controls. It simply works.
  • mp3 player could be an alternative to demo mode for qmc2-arcade, or it could be played until a preset amount of time when demo mode would kick in.

These are just my ideas. Keep of the great work. I hope to see qmc2 continue to grow! Myself using mac and linux leaves my options limited.

Thank you!

Last edited by Keil; 04/07/13 07:52 PM.
Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87542 04/08/13 05:00 AM
Q
qmc2 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Many/most of the things you mention are optional in QMC2 / QMC2 Arcade, that is you can switch them on or off just as you like...

Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87646 04/15/13 01:11 PM
Kaylee Offline
Me wonder if the option to change from non-filtered to filtered softlists can be moved from the button, to an option, as per mock-up done:

(since it's easy to miss click the arrow, and have QMC2 reload the whole list again)

Last edited by Kaylee; 04/15/13 01:12 PM.
Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #87647 04/15/13 01:16 PM
Q
qmc2 Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
It *IS* an option, and when it's disabled it will make the filter-buttons unavailable. So... what? smile

Re: Questions, suggestions or requests topic [Re: Shideravan] #88214 05/07/13 03:08 PM
Pernod Online Content
Online Content
All my machine/game states in both MESS/MAME are grey. I've cleared caches and used Check ROMS but doesn't seem to be looking in the right location for them.

I definitely have the correct roms in c:/MAME/roms, and the working directory is set to c:/MAME in QMC2. Starting any game with a grey state works perfectly so mess knows where to get the roms but QMC2 doesn't. With MESS this also means that QMC2 doesn't read the software lists.

They were all green a few days ago but obviously some configuration option has changed but have been unable to find what it is. Help!

BBC Model B, ATPL Sidewise, Acorn Speech, 2xWatford Floppy Drives, AMX Mouse, Viglen case, etc.
Page 31 of 116 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Pernod), 179 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,722
Posts114,633
Members4,873
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019