Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 116 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Thanks for the info about 'locationtag'... I was already wondering how that's meant to be used smile.

How is the location actually found in the case when the software is started? There's this "extra" open() with the correct location at the end of the second strace above...

Anyway, I'd be happy when you try to fix it... I'm surely not going to beat you here anyway smile. But if you should give up, I'd give it another try! Thanks.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Well, I have a patch here that has been tested successfully with mac_hdd at least: http://qmc2.arcadehits.net/patches/audit.diff

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I've been busy at home so I had no time to investigate, but your solution appears fine. send it to Micko smile

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Already sent to him in parallel smile!

S
S
Suggestion: Implementation of media artwork. Probably in conjunction with a XML file/db to assign different pictures to a single softlist entry.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Sunbeam: I've already started working on this, called "additional artwork classes" (currently WIP). It will allow you to freely define whatever image-types (or classes) you'd want to add... however, the current way of finding images will not change basically, that is, no XMLs will be required but images in respective folders or ZIPs, containing PNGs named after the game/machine or software.

ASH Offline
Could it be possible to add an option so if another game is selected in the software list the current emulated machine is automatically closed (killed) and a new one with the new game opened? (ATM it opens an extra window and then another etc)

I.E. only allow one emulated machine to run at a time.

or an option to show the Kill Emulator button in the tab smile

Last edited by ASH; 05/27/13 07:49 AM.
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
ASH: There's no such feature yet... it could be done, of course, should actually be quite simple to implement. I think that a global option for this would suffice, though.

ASH Offline
Thanks

and another idea....could be a bit harder

if the emulator widget loses focus could mess be automatically paused...until the widget is clicked on again (back in focus)

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By ASH
if the emulator widget loses focus could mess be automatically paused...until the widget is clicked on again (back in focus)

It's nearly impossible to do that platform-independently, so most likely the answer here is 'no, it won't be done'.

There's a similar automatic pause/resume thing for embedded emulators on X11 platforms, but it requires synthetic key-presses/releases which are not portable.

The right way to go here would be through the OSD of the emulator (which is able to get informed when it loses/gains focus) and an additional option to enable auto-pause/resume.

Page 40 of 116 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
2 members (Vas Crabb, Olivier Galibert), 22 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,131
Posts119,647
Members5,029
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com