Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 111 of 152 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 151 152
F
F
Are you interested in the V.Smile Baby and game AND the history cartridge, or just one or the other? Also, what is going on with the Socrates?

L
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
L
socrates needs a little more work (and needs the speech chip type to be figured out); I also need to dump the German Speech cart from team europe (which keeps getting put aside for other reasons, I need to get the tools out and just do it already)

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
F
F
Is there a way to contact Team Europe? I cannot find a contact info page on their blog. Also I would love to see the Socrates emulated.

Last edited by FCLover; 08/18/13 05:50 PM.
L
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
L
Well, it is sort of emulated in that it runs right now, and if you don't include the speech roms in socrates.zip you can play it 'fully' with no speech and normal sound.
It does sometimes randomly crash though due to the very hacky way that waitstates are simulated (by slowing down the cpu).

In reality the socrates has an absolutely obscene number of waitstates when accessing its vram/system ram due to vtech's very poor implementation of shared ram for vram and work ram, and dram refresh, in the socrates hardware. ROM and Cart access has fewer waitstates iirc.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
F
F
I have heard a lot of this "Guru". Is he able to dump V.Smile stuff? As posted earlier, I have a V.Smile baby & a cartridge. But I also just found a V.Smile Motion cart. I do not own a motion, but based on research & messing around, V.Smile Motion carts have the same amount of pins as & regular V.Smile.

T
T
V.Smile Baby, V.Smile and V.Smile Motion all use the same cartridge-type, so you can dump all cartridges the same way.

one german V.Smile Baby cartridge is already dumped and should be included in MESS since the other german dumps got released(included).

btw. nearly anyone can dump the V.Smile stuff. one of the cheapest ways to get the cartridges dumped would be a retrode and a selfmade adapter... http://www.retrode.org/2013/07/v-smile/

Last edited by TeamE; 08/20/13 08:03 PM.
F
F
Hey, TeamE, Have you made a V.Smile adapter? If so, what is the wattage of the 10k resistors?

Also, didn't notice until you mentioned that the V.Smile, Baby, & motion have the same amount of pins! Also, since the V.Smile Pocket can play V.Smile games, would a cartridge slot from a V.Smile pocket work for the homemade adapter?

Last edited by FCLover; 08/21/13 02:03 AM.
R
R
If you can get a 50-pin female edge connector, like the one used for the Amstrad CPC expansion port, you don't need to destroy a VSmile Pocket wink

F
F
There is a broken V.Smile Pocket on eBay, that's why I asked

Last edited by FCLover; 08/21/13 04:52 PM.
R
R
http://mess.org/dumping/have
Just a small question... This page pages up to date?

There's a lot of interesting things there...
I can't wait to see them in MESS project

MESS the great!
Page 111 of 152 1 2 109 110 111 112 113 151 152

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Cpt. Pugwash), 27 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,070
Posts118,931
Members5,014
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com