Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#90383 09/07/13 05:42 AM
S
ssj Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Anyone has any info or is able to dump the Saturn ROM carts? I'm trying to get the UltraMan Hikari no Kyojin Densetsu ROM cart dumped, but can't find anything about it.
Someone already dumped the KOF '95 cart so hopefully the info is out there, would be nice to finally get this one dumped too as these are the only 2 games that use this kind of carts.

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
I imagine it's just a 'standard' sega mask rom inside and can be dumped like any arcade board by those capable? that would be the correct way to dump it anyway.

S
ssj Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Haze, I was kinda hoping it would be possible to dump it with some hacks from the actual console.
But if that's the case is there anyone capable of dumping it around here?

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Team Europe, Smitdogg / Dumping Union?

dumping via the console isn't really preferable, sometimes you get things like rom overlays provided by the system that will leave you with a bad dump if things are done that way (eg. many of the SegaCD bios dumps) likewise if the ROM turns out to be banked you might only get a single bank (again quite a few systems in MESS have suffered due to this)

of course that might not be the case here but generally it's preferable to dump things properly when it is an option.

that doesn't mean you can't get a bad dump doing things properly too mind you, so it is important that somebody who knows how to handle them does it, we've seen many half-size sega mask rom dumps in the past ;-)

it would be pretty much a one-off thing for this anyway, as you say the only 2 games known to be using ROM carts are kof95 and this and I've been hoping to see it dumped for a while now.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
You can't dump via the console because all of the console/PC interfaces go in the cartridge slot. (This was true of the actual real devkits too).

S
ssj Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Ok so console is out of question.

How do I go about contacting Team Europe? Should I send a pm to TeamE through the forum here?

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
yeah they should be contactable on here, although not sure how often they check.

you might want to open up the cart first just so they know what they're dealing with (I guess there's a slim chance it will be some annoying 'blob' thing inside) but that's really the only further thing I have to say.

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Should be similar to ST-V and Naomi carts (SMT mask ROMs galore), but yeah having a picture of the PCB in advance of making arrangements would be helpful.

Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
I would expect it to be similar to the kof95 cart

http://ef80.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/06/95-09f0.html

R
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
R
Yup, that's basically a very bare ST-V cart smile

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 35 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,993
Posts118,152
Members5,005
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Forum Host
These forums are hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com