Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 116 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By Isamu
oddi, for the love of god can you PLEASE edit this post(post 94930)? The quote you posted contains so many characters it's requiring us to scroll or browser horizontally to read anything.

I did, he can't (after an hour or so).

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Originally Posted By oddi
Rene, qmc2-Mame r6015 have bug , game not start in full embedded screen , when start in embedded must click 2 times in archer in up right corner for full embedded screen. Tnx

Hmm, I can't reproduce this in my Win 7 x64 VBox VM.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
OK I'll try that new version when you publish it.

The new version has been posted. I couldn't make it crash with software-lists.

I
I
Originally Posted By qmc2
OK I'll try that new version when you publish it.

The new version has been posted. I couldn't make it crash with software-lists.

OK cool. But first I'm gonna continue testing this 59xx version. I just did another fresh install and wiped the QMC2 folder that's in my libraries clean. So far no crashes but we'll see.

Quick question....is it recommended to delete the contents of an older qmc2 admin/libraries folder before installing and running a newer version? And just out of curiosity, why do you have QMC2 place it in that location by default?

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.
I
I
Oh yeah I almost forgot to ask....when I deleted the QMC2 folder in the Libraries/Admin folder, I noticed that my software list favorites were no longer there. Not the main favorites mind you(I made a back up smile ) but the favorites for the consoles like snes, gba, etc. Which qmc2 file in the recycle bin do I need to restore, in order to salvage the favorites I had for my "console" games?

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Quick question....is it recommended to delete the contents of an older qmc2 admin/libraries folder before installing and running a newer version?

No. I try to keep all new features backward-compatible to old settings, upgrading it more or less seamlessly. However, settings or cache files that are somehow "unclean" (but still compatible format-wise) will likely cause the same results in a newer version.

This is currently supported back to version 0.37. I regularly remove code for "ancient" versions to keep it clean.

And just out of curiosity, why do you have QMC2 place it in that location by default?

Because QMC2 has a UNIX background smile.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
But... when you upgrade MAME/MESS/UME from SVN fairly often, and the version number doesn't change (lately also when the output from -listfull doesn't change), all emulator caches must be cleared "manually"! And since QMC2 has no way to find out if software-lists changed, it's the same here. To do so, either use the -cc (cache clear) command line switch or "Tools" -> "Clean up" -> "Clear ALL emulator caches" from the menu (and reload the game/machine list afterwards).

When any caches are not up to date, everything can happen smile.

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Oh yeah I almost forgot to ask....when I deleted the QMC2 folder in the Libraries/Admin folder, I noticed that my software list favorites were no longer there. Not the main favorites mind you(I made a back up smile ) but the favorites for the consoles like snes, gba, etc. Which qmc2 file in the recycle bin do I need to restore, in order to salvage the favorites I had for my "console" games?

Software-list favorites are stored in qmc2.ini.

Search for "Favorites\<system>\SoftwareNames" and "Favorites\<system>\DeviceConfigs" and copy all you find to the new qmc2.ini (below the respective [MAME], [MESS] or [UME] section).

I
I
Got it. Thanks mayne smile

I
I
Welp I've been using QMC2 for quite a while on and off throughout the day and knock on wood, no crashes yet. smile

Maybe deleting those old files in the qmc2 folder did the trick. Let's hope so.

Anyway, loving the program. I love the fact that it allows you to import and export your config settings to any ini file you want. That rocks!

But here's the thing though, Q....

Remember a couple years ago and many many MAME builds back, MAME had this feature where it was smart enough to save whatever changes we made to the *IN-GAME* HLSL settings to that game's respective ini file. It was cool, because we could make those changes on the fly, and they would save and be there the next time we start the game. I realize that QMC2 does allow per game HLSL read/write functionality via its own menu, but wouldn't it be nice if it brought this function back, and somehow hooked into MAME/UME, and took the changes we make in the in-game HLSL settings, then save them directly to the game's ini file upon exit, just like MAME used to do all those builds ago?

Q, is this something you think you could maybe work on? I really don't understand why the devs took this awesome feature out of MAME/HLSL.

Page 60 of 116 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,101
Posts119,255
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com