Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
Isamu Offline OP
OP Offline
I

Hi Rene, since you mentioned it in the other thread, yes in fact I did try using slot options in QMC2 and I set it to ram32. Problem is, the game doesn't launch with the cart already mounted. I'm still required to mount the ram32 cart manually from within the game.

This is also something I've been meaning to ask you because it also happens in the playstation driver as well. If I go to slot options in the PSU driver and mount a memory card file under "Device mappings", in my case it's called "MemCardCastlevania.mc", upon launching the game it's still not mounted. I need to manually mount it from within the mess menu. Can you help me figure this out m8?

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.
I
Isamu Offline OP
OP Offline
I
OK Rene I *think* I figured out what;s happening m8.

It appears if you launch game from within the "software lists" list, it does not acknowledge whatever settings you've made under the "Devices" tab. But once I launch the game via the "File Chooser" tab, it picks it up then. I set Saturn Device slot options to ram32, and then proceeded to launch the game from inside the folder itself via file chooser, and voila!! ram cart was already mounted! Just tested the same method for the PSX driver and it too had my memory cards mounted! YIPPEEE!

I swear I feel like I've climbed the mountain top every time I learn something new about how QMC2 and MESS works, but I know I must seem like a complete idiot to you guys LOL :lol:

It's all good, I'm still learning the ropes so bare with me smile

The developers of MESS have my sincere gratitude. Thank you guys.

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Duke), 51 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,835
Posts116,215
Members4,921
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020