Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 63 of 116 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 115 116
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Well, run "mame -verifyroms" on the command line (with the same settings) and it will take equally long...

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work unless it's open. [Frank Zappa]
A
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
A
Originally Posted By qmc2
Well, run "mame -verifyroms" on the command line (with the same settings) and it will take equally long...

Better not, otherwise I have no access on my computer for one day or more. wink

T
T
Having gone through the extensive process of filtering down a huge MAME romset to just the several dozen games I like best, I would really love to be able to do more automated tasks using the "Favorites" list in QMC2.

For example, it would be nice to be able to export the list and some valuable associated metadata to reuse in other ways or share with friends (like a list of the filenames that are associated with these roms). It would be awesome to be able to manage rom files based on their "Favorites" status, such as selecting and moving those roms to another folder, etc.

Would anyone else like to see this kind of feature?

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
The favorites list is actually stored in a text file, so an export feature implicitly exists wink , but there are no meta-data stored with it. However, that's what the user-data DB is for... besides "ranks" (which is meta-data) there's also "comments". The comments are not yet supported GUI-wise, though, they have been added to the DB schema "for future use" when I implemented the ranking feature.

That said, there are serious plans to redo the "favorites list" completely anyway, and numerous related feature requests reached me over time... so I'll also consider an explicit export feature now smile.

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
I don't know if I already suggested it (I think I already did), but would be great if QMC2 filter to show only specific system groups from category.ini.
For example, I only want to see "Home computers" in the list. Then I select in "Home Computer" in a check box.
I know that QMC2 already have the "View games by category", but I'm suggesting a different aproach, which just allow system to be show by a criteria (Ex. I want to see only every Home console already emulated in release order). That's not possible with current builds.
Thank you!

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
Yeah, you've ask for this several times already wink...

Very Senior Member
OP Offline
Very Senior Member
PS.: I'm NOT suggesting a new item in the 'game list combobox'.

"A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it's not that good."
Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
But you will get exactly that smile...

PS: I need to design a new "reg-exp filtered view" which will allow to do this (among other things).

Last edited by qmc2; 10/09/14 02:17 PM.

Would it be difficult to add a hash or software list category option so you could sort all the machines alphabetically and group all the ones together that have actual software lists?

http://imgur.com/rqN0RtG

Q
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
Q
It could be done and it's not too difficult... feel free to add a feature request smile.

Page 63 of 116 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 115 116

Moderated by  qmc2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (R. Belmont), 24 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,103
Posts119,286
Members5,019
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com