Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 328 of 331 1 2 326 327 328 329 330 331
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115845 09/08/19 09:51 PM
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Yeah, The 2 Fire games are different releases. I wouldn't put them under a parent/clone relation in MAME. I did a hex compare between the 2, and even after de-LFSR-ing the files, there are no similarities. Almost like it's a rewrite from scratch.

Manhole is going to be different as well. For starters, it's not even running on the same MCU.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115846 09/08/19 10:20 PM
H
hydef Offline
H
The Silver version of Fire has been uploaded but I haven't lessened the top brightness yet as pointed out. Tried a little, couldn't get a good result.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115847 09/08/19 10:37 PM
N
notknown Offline
N
I'd like to thank all the devs for their amazing work on preserving these games.
I have a decent sized collection of G&Ws and I appreciate that there's now completely accurate recreations through Mame emulation.

I did always appreciate people who tried to sit down and study a game's mechanics to try to recreate it via a programmed from scratch simulator, but it misses any nuances and accuracy that you can only get so much through observation.

I wanted to lean in on ideas and information about the G&W catalog.

For starters, I'd like to tell hydef that not all G&Ws have a bubble mesh. It appears to mostly come on silver/gold and the first line of wide screen games. I can't guarantee that it flat out is every single silver/gold/wide screen game, but from the games I have, most of them are. I can do a list of G&Ws i have to clarify if they have that.

I also wanted to weigh in on suggestions. For instance, if it's ever possible, like how we have cheats for these games just for fun purposes of modifying game mechanics, if it's possible for mame to pull system time into the emulator and sync the G&W clocks to it, would be an awesome feature to add to the cheat and game mechanics.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that Mario's Bombs away is missing the second half of the melody of when you get a miss and the bomb explodes. There's a melody when the bomb blows up the soldier in the top left in the shack.

https://youtu.be/Yhnry2XUBlo?t=668

just for accuracy's sake, I suppose.

I also talked about the input latency and it was described that there is a deflicker routine because the times the segments are actually signalled on and off aren't truly reflected in the lcd screens, so in emulation it provides an issue. I don't know if there would ever be a work around for this besides a deflicker that adds a buffer to remove those artifacts? I know a lot of those games have negligible amounts of latency, but I notice in games like Bomb Sweeper and Super Mario it's pretty bad.
It's a bit of a kick in the shins when trying to play proficiently on those games, especially when those 2 games require more movement than usual titles.

I really hope that doesn't come off as sounding ungrateful, because the work done on this project is astounding, but I hope i can add some valuable 2 cents to feedback.

Keep up the awesome work.
Oh also, nice on tearing through the silver/gold series this month, those are pretty iffy on price, especially flagman. I kinda wanted to get that in my collection but it's so pricey. Now we're getting on Mame so that's something for me to look forward to.

Thanks!

Edit:

Originally Posted by hydef
The Silver version of Fire has been uploaded but I haven't lessened the top brightness yet as pointed out. Tried a little, couldn't get a good result.

I imagine it's hard to make something already clipping to full white look darker is pretty hard to work with.

I really appreciate your artwork though, they look fantastic and super realistic. Hell some of them look better than the actual ones i have lol

Last edited by notknown; 09/08/19 10:41 PM.
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #115849 09/08/19 11:10 PM
I
ICEknight Offline
I
Originally Posted by notknown
I'd like to tell hydef that not all G&Ws have a bubble mesh. It appears to mostly come on silver/gold and the first line of wide screen games. I can't guarantee that it flat out is every single silver/gold/wide screen game, but from the games I have, most of them are. I can do a list of G&Ws i have to clarify if they have that.
Taking a closeup pic of each screen would be of help not only for seeing which games feature those dots, but which are different, how many different kinds, etc.

LCD artwork scans and cleanups: https://mega.nz/#F!uFYSzK7S!U-lJon9jsqyoCX_3y7_KLA
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hydef] #115850 09/09/19 08:11 AM
L
Lord Nightmare Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
L
Originally Posted by hydef

Honestly, it looks fine to me.

LN

"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115853 09/09/19 11:13 AM
H
Haze Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Also which version of Judge do we have access to?
http://www.intheattic.co.uk/judge.htm
Indicates that the Green version contains a bug that was fixed in the Purple one, so they're going to need to be treated as 2 different things.
(this was also pointed out on my YouTube)

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115854 09/09/19 11:33 AM
H
hal3000 Offline
H
That's interesting! The version that Mr. Do sent me is the green version (with Japanese text for the buttons). I agree that this game should to be split up in two versions (parent/clone).

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115856 09/09/19 11:40 AM
H
Haze Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Alright, well it will be interesting to confirm that the bug exists on the version you have then once it is emulated :-)

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #115857 09/09/19 11:58 AM
H
hal3000 Offline
H
Definitely, I'll keep you posted smile

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hal3000] #115864 09/09/19 07:58 PM
N
notknown Offline
N
Hey Hal3000, Do you think it would be ever possible to make these games sync their clock to the clock on your system? I don't know if Mame has a function to do that.

Was just wondering what you thought of that idea?

Page 328 of 331 1 2 326 327 328 329 330 331

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Pernod, nerd4gw, 1 invisible), 38 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,683
Posts114,012
Members4,863
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019