Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 338 of 342 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 341 342
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #116110 10/05/19 10:16 PM
N
notknown Offline
N
Ah, pretty lame that they don't support Mame properly.
I'll just stick to the main releases then.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #116118 10/06/19 05:55 PM
H
hydef Offline
H
I know no one asked for it but I wanted to redo all of the G&W Wide Screen and New Wide Screen backgrounds and have uploaded those now. This will be the last time make any major changes to this particular set. Did them from scratch and tried to make them the best I could although I never cared much for the non-shadowed flat backgrounds, they're only there because people asked for them so they might look a little crap. Also made and kept the black border as part of the background this time instead of cropping it. You'll notice this on the background only views. Other little changes are that the LCD is darker now, I used to dull that in the past and added some light dust and scratches, but it's quite faint. Anyway, dunno if anyone will really notice any of the changes at a glance, I do because I look at them a lot and noticed some were bad in places.

Another note, I wanted to thank whoever is working on getting the real time clock to sync, that's a great idea. I only got it to work with 2 or 3 games, not sure why that was, but it's interesting.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: R. Belmont] #116131 10/07/19 05:04 AM
Kaylee Offline
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
As far as I'm aware RA doesn't properly support MAME's artwork system so you wouldn't get these games with hydef's gorgeous artwork even if they worked. And most of them are newer than their MAME fork.

Like this?

[Linked Image from thumbs2.imagebam.com]

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hydef] #116132 10/07/19 05:09 AM
N
notknown Offline
N
Originally Posted by hydef
I know no one asked for it but I wanted to redo all of the G&W Wide Screen and New Wide Screen backgrounds and have uploaded those now. This will be the last time make any major changes to this particular set. Did them from scratch and tried to make them the best I could although I never cared much for the non-shadowed flat backgrounds, they're only there because people asked for them so they might look a little crap. Also made and kept the black border as part of the background this time instead of cropping it. You'll notice this on the background only views. Other little changes are that the LCD is darker now, I used to dull that in the past and added some light dust and scratches, but it's quite faint. Anyway, dunno if anyone will really notice any of the changes at a glance, I do because I look at them a lot and noticed some were bad in places.

Another note, I wanted to thank whoever is working on getting the real time clock to sync, that's a great idea. I only got it to work with 2 or 3 games, not sure why that was, but it's interesting.

Anything to make it look better in your opinion is appreciated, but I must say these artwork graphics have already exceeded our expectations a long time ago.
I remember when it first came out I think there were vectored traces, and it was nice and all, but when I saw the realistic artwork roll out it was amazing. These things look 100% realistic, and ironically they look better than some of my real G&Ws, lol.

As for the script, crazyc originally developed it. I've further developed it to run across multiple games, and I'm still working on covering some others but I've been kind of lazy as of late.

Here's an example of my latest refinement of the script. Everything works including alarm.
This one was on blackjack
Code
[{
	"desc": "Set clock to current time",
	"space": {
		"cpu": {
			"tag": ":maincpu",
			"type": "data"
		}
	},
	"script": {
		"run": "
local lt = os.date('*t') 
local sec = lt.sec
if sec>=60 then sec=sec-60 end
if sec >0 and sec<59 then cpu:write_u8(1,sec // 10) cpu:write_u8(0,sec % 10) end
if sec >0 and sec<59 then cpu:write_u8(3, lt.min // 10) cpu:write_u8(2, lt.min % 10) end
local hour = lt.hour
if sec >0 and sec<59 then cpu:write_u8(5, hour // 10) cpu:write_u8(4, hour % 10) end"
	}
}
]

The am/pm flag seems to be shared with the first digit, so sometimes it's different from game to game, but I usually just open up the debugger, see where the clock is stored in the memory addresses, then assign minutes, hours, seconds. The clock also stops tracking at 59 and lets the game turn the minute over to trigger the alarm event.

But that's pretty much how it works

I'll start zipping up the scripts and putting them online when i finish them someday I suppose

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: Kaylee] #116133 10/07/19 05:14 AM
N
notknown Offline
N
Originally Posted by Kaylee
Originally Posted by R. Belmont
As far as I'm aware RA doesn't properly support MAME's artwork system so you wouldn't get these games with hydef's gorgeous artwork even if they worked. And most of them are newer than their MAME fork.

Like this?

How did you get it to run? It just crashes for me

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #116134 10/07/19 07:27 AM
Kaylee Offline
Originally Posted by notknown

How did you get it to run? It just crashes for me

I had to recreate the mame folde layout inside RA's system dir. So it's System > mame > artwork, System > mame > roms, System > mame > hash and so forth. But the one I tried will run, but no input atm

EDIT: now that I'm at my PC, I discovered I had to do the above steps, but also had to create a gnw.cmd file, with the MAME Command-line in it (thus mame gnw_dkong -rp path/to/roms), and load the cmd file with RA's mame core.

BUT: when it accept your input it's horribly slow. On my pc I get 6% of the speed:

Last edited by Kaylee; 10/07/19 08:07 AM.
Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #116135 10/07/19 11:35 AM
R
R. Belmont Online Content
Very Senior Member
Online Content
Very Senior Member
R
Fair warning: encouraging people to use Retroarch or helping them to do so is a bannable offense.

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: seanriddle] #116137 10/07/19 11:49 AM
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
I don't care about off-topic posts now and then, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.
/me not a moderator though :P

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: notknown] #116138 10/07/19 12:59 PM
H
hydef Offline
H
Originally Posted by notknown
Anyything to make it look better in your opinion is appreciated, but I must say these artwork graphics have already exceeded our expectations a long time ago.
I remember when it first came out I think there were vectored traces, and it was nice and all, but when I saw the realistic artwork roll out it was amazing. These things look 100% realistic, and ironically they look better than some of my real G&Ws, lol.

As for the script, crazyc originally developed it. I've further developed it to run across multiple games, and I'm still working on covering some others but I've been kind of lazy as of late.

Awesome, thank you and for your work, notknown (and crazyc).

I updated Mario's Cement Factory background again. The very last time I did it was a bit sketchy. Thought I would say because I cringe at the idea of people having the old work (even if I did already just update it yesterday) :-)

Re: TMS-09xx/1xxx thread (was New Dumps) [Re: hydef] #116139 10/07/19 01:36 PM
D
DarthMarino Offline
D
I updated Mario's Cement Factory background again. The very last time I did it was a bit sketchy. Thought I would say because I cringe at the idea of people having the old work (even if I did already just update it yesterday) :-)

Feel free to use my redraw if you like. There are a few errors on yours. The right arrow is upside down. Also the top right blue z shape is incorrect. It should be filled in. I have no idea why and this was fixed on the DS release but if you look on all the real units, its filled in for some unknown reason. The only thing I'm not sure about is the thing right above the cement mixer. In my redraw, I based it on the original scan you had where its slightly lower on the right side on both sides.

Last edited by DarthMarino; 10/07/19 01:36 PM.
Page 338 of 342 1 2 336 337 338 339 340 341 342

Who's Online Now
6 registered members (R. Belmont, Reznor007, Olivier Galibert, ICEknight, 2 invisible), 145 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics8,693
Posts114,269
Members4,865
Most Online510
Aug 26th, 2019