Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 401 of 403 1 2 399 400 401 402 403
S
S
@Sly DC
Have you dumped/photographed your Diasonic TV Game HVG-220?

Originally Posted by hap
Dumped but not emulated?
See a couple of forum posts back about games that don't have an SVG screen yet.

*edit* Oh, maybe you misunderstood?
Astro Thunder is not dumped.

Ahhh...you were right, i did misunderstood (DOH! like Homer). I shouldn't have sold mine a few years back but i'm a patient man. wink

--- Sly DC ---
Originally Posted by simzy39
@Sly DC
Have you dumped/photographed your Diasonic TV Game HVG-220?

I have kept the chip (or the whole board) from the Diasonic TV Game HVG-220 but there is nothing to dump, sorry.

You should go here: https://nerdstuffbycole.blogspot.com/ and here: http://searle.x10host.com/AVRPong/index.html
about AY-3-8500-1 emulation. smile

--- Sly DC ---
Hello
My account was finally approved so, I'm new here (but I've been following this thread for quite some time!) nice to meet you all.

I'm the french guy who recently sent Tsukuda's 'The Dracula' to Sean Riddle for him to dump.
So a big thanks to him and to @hap for all your work (and even including the 'hidden' factory/test mode in the menus!). It's working beautifully in MAME!

Last edited by Parotaku; 09/16/22 07:38 AM.
3 members like this: ICEknight, hap, hal3000
Apart from 'The Dracula', I also sent other LCD games to Sean:
- the french version from Epoch's 'Monster Panic', the white one on top on this page https://www.handheldmuseum.com/Epoch/MonsterPanic.htm, with different 'sprites' and machine design than the japanese one...
And 2 others japanese LCD Games from Epoch that aren't listed on www.handheldmuseum.com :
- 'Monkechi the monkey', which you can see some gameplay here:

- and 'Mickey & Minnie Jungle explorers', which you can see on this video:

(many great japanese handheld games on this youtube channel BTW)

So, hopefully these 3 others will be preserved & playable in MAME sometime in the future... smile

Last edited by Parotaku; 09/16/22 02:46 PM.
D
D
I had this one when I was little. Epoch-Man

UK is the Mini-Munchman in yellow.

Japan is the Pak-Pak Man 2 in green.

All should have the same game play.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 16 GB
1 member likes this: Parotaku
S
S
I've been working on some Bellfruit fruit machines for the past month or so... turns out one of them uses a TMS1000 for sound:

The chip in question is MP0027A which was originally used in the Chroma-Chime doorbell.
I was wondering if anyone might already have one of these as I'm seeing that MP0027 got documented in hh_tms1k.cpp recently?
The original and A version should be compatible, the songs on them are the same at least. Even if nobody has one, we found
a doorbell that should 99% have the chip in it on US eBay and there's folks willing to put the money in to get it dumped.
Nothing critical here as it's just for one machine, but would be nice to get a chip sent to Sean or anybody else doing the decapping
and get it dumped at some point.

Last edited by SomeRandomGuyIdk; 09/17/22 02:23 PM.
1 member likes this: =CO=Windler
H
hap Offline
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
Ah, then it's more likely a TI OEM melody chip and not something programmed by Chromatronics. If the song list on that Videomaster thing is a 1:1 match then yeah it's probably the MP0027 chip.

When I add an undumped MCU serial to that list in the hh_tms1k driver, usually (and in the case of MP0027) it just means I found a reference online. I don't think Sean has this chip yet.

S
S
Alright then, thanks for the info. Does he check around here or is it probably a better idea to get in touch via email?

H
Very Senior Member
Very Senior Member
H
best drop him a mail, he tends to be very busy so doesn't spend much time checking forums

Page 401 of 403 1 2 399 400 401 402 403

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (robcfg), 20 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums9
Topics9,112
Posts119,407
Members5,024
Most Online890
Jan 17th, 2020
Our Sponsor
These forums are sponsored by Superior Solitaire, an ad-free card game collection for macOS and iOS. Download it today!

Superior Solitaire
Forum hosted by www.retrogamesformac.com